Differences between a man and woman in poker?

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I don't know why people are saying women play more aggressively or bluff more or less or whatever...

Women poker players are just like men poker players in the way they play, and that is adjusting their game to do what the table allows them to do.

Whether that is bluffing more playing tighter doing both or whatever.

If women bluff more it's because the people at the table either are letting themselves get run over or think "She's a women she's not bluffing"

If a women plays tightly it's either because the people at the table are being maniacs or they think "she's a women I can just always run her over"

I highly doubt the majority of female poker players play the same way regardless of the table. They take what they are given or take what they take just like any male poker player.
Or
I highly doubt you can categorize every women off of what some women do they play a different game then each other just like mens games differ from each other as well.

The difference isn't how the two play the game in its self the difference is how the two are perceived while playing the game.

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't know why people are saying women play more aggressively or bluff more or less or whatever...

Women poker players are just like men poker players in the way they play, and that is adjusting their game to do what the table allows them to do.

Whether that is bluffing more playing tighter doing both or whatever.

If women bluff more it's because the people at the table either are letting themselves get run over or think "She's a women she's not bluffing"

If a women plays tightly it's either because the people at the table are being maniacs or they think "she's a women I can just always run her over"

I highly doubt the majority of female poker players play the same way regardless of the table. They take what they are given or take what they take just like any male poker player.
Or
I highly doubt you can categorize every women off of what some women do they play a different game then each other just like mens games differ from each other as well.

The difference isn't how the two play the game in its self the difference is how the two are perceived while playing the game.

the baseline perception of a female poker player is tighter, thats neither a good nor bad thing, it is what it is. no different to when we make snap assumptions on players based on age, dress, and ethnicity when we sit down at the poker table. woman are perceived to be tightish in tournaments and loose passive in cash games. any player needs to be aware of their own image which means woman can probably run bluffs more profitably than i could as an early 20s white male.

Samango

Samango

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The only difference between Women and Men apart from the biological differences is that women are better looking.

Women take their sweaters off by holding the bottom opposite sides and peeling over head — men grab the scruff of the neck with either hand and puuull hard

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
the baseline perception of a female poker player is tighter, thats neither a good nor bad thing, it is what it is. no different to when we make snap assumptions on players based on age, dress, and ethnicity when we sit down at the poker table. woman are perceived to be tightish in tournaments and loose passive in cash games. any player needs to be aware of their own image which means woman can probably run bluffs more profitably than i could as an early 20s white male.

That's what I was getting at that is the "perception"

I can't tell if your agreeing with me arguing with me or neither so Imma just defend my comment and say it relates to what you just said lol

The question was "What's the difference between a male and a female poker player"

In which I answered (In short) The difference isn't how they play regarding tight, loose, or whatever it's how they are perceived to play the game.

Women take their sweaters off by holding the bottom opposite sides and peeling over head — men grab the scruff of the neck with either hand and puuull hard

This is why some of my shirts keep ripping at the arm pits is because of the way I pull them off

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
i was agreeing lol

lol, I couldn't quite tell if you were adding on to what I was saying or if maybe you misunderstood what I said and were arguing but making the same point lol =p

E

EvE2K

They are no differences between men and women in the poker. I,m sure everyone can be successive in poker if you work hard, read lots of books, your game will become better.

ccocco

ccocco

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Women generally the subject of a macho world, you are less able believes that man in poker .. but luckily there are great poker players and also very beautiful. I always think it should be aggressive women in the poker tables to respect it.

strokin07

strokin07

Kindly Gladiator
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Oh! Friends don't tell the women in poker is cunning and crafty people they should be playing with respect and keep your eyes open.

infotunes

infotunes

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think woman has better capabilities to get you out of your pokerplay ;)

C

carsguitars777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have noticed one definite thing at live games, when there is a woman at the table she normaly has a good grasp of the game, alot of men play live poker dont know what they are doing and are just gambling, a woman that sits at the table probably has a decent grasp of the game.

P

PhillipPaschal

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The number of ratios between man and women's player is different. Man like poker more than women. So strategies are also different.

NoWuckingFurries

NoWuckingFurries

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There definitely are differences. I have found the ladies to be just as good as the men but far more modest. My wife is far more likely to win but much less likely to rub your face in it.

The main challenge online is that you can't really tell who is a man, a woman or a child. The children are probably easiest to spot, generally, unless the avatar is a photo of a baby. That tends to be a bit of a giveaway.

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know it's not good, but I tend to soft play an older lady. If I know I'm ahead on the river I may check it down. Maybe, I see my mom on the other side.

E

ElGordoCat

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
MM the only difference is that they are beauty..

B

badalhoco345

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't see any diferences between man and women in poker. The majority are mans who play but when I play against a women I just know because of name or picture. The style of play is similar.

thetick33

thetick33

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
we have a ton of ladies here why not set up an event men vs woman on stars or something?

Anyway the woman I see are either terrible
just learning trying to make it
good or decent
or very solid and good

I think the ones I know very good they dont bluff much

they are solid players if didnt know was a woman wouldnt notice a difference of style or play.

I am aggressive if can be very aggressive but the times I can push my luck like that? Few and far between.

I see a girl here and there play like that but generally they are on a rush.

they aint all inning the good ones with 65 or calling all ins with 10 8 lol

Mark Gavr

Mark Gavr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
differences between men and women do not have, they are all poker players and play in different ways it depends on the person.

M

MPaz_87

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that there is no difference, you have a lot of factors: luck, bluff,agressiveness,etc. I've played in a lot of tables and sometimes, if I win and steal a man's chips he often swear and says that girls shouldn't play poker, they should be cooking. And I only responde "I love you".

gago980

gago980

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that there is no difference, you have a lot of factors: luck, bluff,agressiveness,etc. I've played in a lot of tables and sometimes, if I win and steal a man's chips he often swear and says that girls shouldn't play poker, they should be cooking. And I only responde "I love you".

I totally agree with you, there is no difference. I do not like when I see swearing at the table, especially if someone swears a girl, that's not nice. if he was already injured ego, then you better do not say anything, just says even bigger fool of himself.

21sam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They are more inclined to tilt because of their emotionality.