PupsikCat

PupsikCat

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MD
Chips
For professionals, this is work, what they do for a living. An amateur has an attitude as entertainment, and this applies not only to poker

dannystanks

dannystanks

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Amateurs will never have the pressure of having to pay the bills with poker money like the professional poker players do.

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
A good discipline in BRM is very important, that is, psychology is very important! You can be great at all the math and still be a bad player in terms of doing BRM...

A kiravio

A kiravio

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Yes I think a pro has good results while amateurs fluctuate; I think a pro dedicates his life to learning and progressing in his game and seeing consistent results while amateurs are just casual visitors who just spend their free time where they "like"

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think that the main difference between an amateur and a professional is how a person relates to poker. An amateur plays poker when he has a desire and mood, the main goal of this player is to enjoy poker. Professionals treat poker like a job, when they are not playing poker, at this time they work on themselves and on their game, analyze the sessions and hands that they played. In poker, as in any other sport, the professional works all day long and the amateur only plays when he has time and wants to have fun.

fullclock

fullclock

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The difference between an amateur and a professional is that the amateur does not know how to play by position, he does not know how to count the Blinds he has. He can't read his opponents. There are a lot of things that set them apart.

Aleksandr1991

Aleksandr1991

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Amateurs play for fun
Professionals for earning money

aquilex2799

aquilex2799

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In my opinion it is the search for improvement. I mean, it's quite common for amateurs to make the same mistakes over and over again while professionals look for and resolve these leaks as quickly as possible.

Falai_san

Falai_san

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
I think separation is about making the right decision at the right time and hand.
And a little bit of risk in playing.

Pityesz1974

Pityesz1974

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
Professionals see through the momentary situation based on pot,chips and his hand.And when the cards come up based on that too. The professionals wait the best moments to go all-in.The amateurs hurry,fast want to win.The professionals rarely risk their all of chips,the amateurs often go all-in.

fryderyk

fryderyk

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
I think that the difference is really defined by a very simple answer, the state of the account 🤣.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Professional Poker players, have to play in order to make a living from the game. The game becomes a vocation like any other job, Working 9.00 to 5.00 maybe 5 or 6 days a week. If they have backers that stake them in games, they have to win or at least finish ITM to repay them, and keep winning in order to keep the backers willing to stake them.

Amateur Players, play for fun, relaxation, and generally enjoy a bit of free time away from work, I consider myself to be a competent player in that I can hold my head up with pride when I compete in a Tournament, but when I have had enough I can bow out gracefully, It really does not matter to me that much if I win or lose, It is taking part in something I enjoy, that really matters.

I am a Hobby player, I play when the urge comes to me, but it really does not become a job or Vocation, more of a Vacation from Work! And if my Hobby pays for itself, then so much the better.

mateuszjason

mateuszjason

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Professional gamers don't discuss or get excited about bad bestwmi I coolers.

Amateurs take a very emotional approach to the game.

The amateur has a strange size betting. Bigger than a pulse or allin for 150 BB into a 2bb pot.

Amateur does not follow bankroll management.

Amateur pays no attention to reaches and position .

Mauricio Perrotta

Mauricio Perrotta

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
The biggest difference between one and the other is MONEY.

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The biggest asset in poker is your mindset.

poker.png

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Years ago I used to cry like many of us because of the badbeats. Until I discovered that at least 80% of the badbeats had them because I played badly. So that's when I started to reduce the number of badbeats, that is, to balance playing in cash the badbeats against with the profits in favor.
As a consequence, now the majority of the badbeats are, for example, an all in I go with QQ and the villain with 1010 and hits a set at the showdown.

Hello my friend. I hope you're doing well brother.

This comment above is exactly the big difference between a pro and amateur. An amature will look at everything and talk about the bad luck they are experiencing. A professional will review and look at the hands they lost to see if they made a mistake that cost them or if they could have played the hand differently so they can avoid losing in the same situation in the future.

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Hello my friend. I hope you're doing well brother.

This comment above is exactly the big difference between a pro and amateur. An amature will look at everything and talk about the bad luck they are experiencing. A professional will review and look at the hands they lost to see if they made a mistake that cost them or if they could have played the hand differently so they can avoid losing in the same situation in the future.
Hello brother how are you so long???
I hope that both you and your family are very well.
Thank God we are fine.
Thank you for your comment, which is a great reality that happens to every player who is starting out, therefore it happened to us at some point.
Look, right now I got knocked out of the CC MTT. Many times I play MTTs for fun and logically to try to win it, but in truth, for quite some time now I have been dedicating myself to NL2 microlimit cash and now trying NL5 little by little, which will be my next level.
I am doing a course with a coach and advice from a mental coach, in which they make you see all these types of situations.
In other words, to explain it better, you can play a hand and you can have a badbeat against you, the issue is to see how you played that hand in the future. Because you should also take into account the badbeats in favor.
I will cite 2 examples.
The first is a badbeat in favor, a normal cooler with QQ and the villain with AA allin and hit the set. Who can say that he played that hand badly??? nobody. I was lucky, as I could, due to a higher percentage of possibilities, he had won it. But in the long run, of course, this hand will be won more times by villain, but it will not interfere too much in the future because the coolers do not give themselves too much. It is within the rules of the game of poker, sometimes you win, other times you lose.
But the 2nd example is different. In a badbeat against. I play AA a 3 bet raise and in BB a character with 68o pays me. The question is...did I play that hand well??? The answer is yes. The second is.....do the villain pay well??? the answer is no. Consequently, that day I got the 100 BB box but.....how many times in the long run will I get that BB box playing that way??? The answer is, 80% of the time I will win. In other words, in 100 boxes of 2 dollars I will win 160 dollars and the villain playing that way will have to deposit 160 dollars to continue playing.
It is not very difficult to understand, what happens, and that is where the mental coach begins to influence, is knowing how to understand the variance or the bad streaks, and above all knowing how to reflect or take the time to keep your hand and review it to see in that you could have been wrong or if you were not wrong, continue the same path until the variance leans in your favor.
I lost 70 dollars one night in NL5 paying about 20 allins in which, if I remember correctly, in 3 after reviewing the hand I realized that it was a mistake. And in another 9 I was able to play in another way to reduce the variance, that is, that the negative effect of the hand translates into play and not showdown luck, for example, normal plays by me AKs and the villain AQo and click Q in showdown. Here the variance is greatly reduced by not going allin but by just calling and seeing the flop at least.
To finish, I learned by studying and advising myself that in poker not everything is bad luck, and not everything is the opponent is bad at playing, and not everything is as it seems. There is a whole platform behind it, which in order to obtain positive results you must respect and strive every day to grow in this beautiful game that we are all passionate about.
Today, thank God, I have a microlimit surplus of US$3.63 a day in a total of approximately 1500 average hands, which is giving me an average of 12 to 13 BBs every 100 hands. When the general average is 5 to 7 BBs per 100 hands in a regular player, I really feel very happy that the progress is continuous.
Well brother @Luvepoker, my best wishes that you are very well, and happy that you can help this beautiful forum to improve day by day.
Blessings and a huge hug from your brother Carlos:giggle::giggle::giggle:

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
The luck and unpredictability of many amateurs end up making professionals nervous, as they cannot decipher the amateur's hand.
Hello brother
What you call the "luck and unpredictability" of the amateurs, the professionals call it "range".
The range is the part of the game that depending on the position in which you act, and depending on the bet you make, will put you in a range of hands, which depending on what falls on the flop, you can at least try to "guess" in quotes. What rank is your rival?
The most that happens daily at the tables is the so-called "limp" a total play of recreational player. But, if a player limps his range is from AA to 22 going through all the variants. Now, if a pro reraises you, and that recreational goes there, and his range changes, that range is now AA to QQ max, and depending on what position he opens you could add JJ to the situation, and not much else. than that.
In general, regular players and even more so professionals, usually solve this so-called "unpredictability" with the bets that recreational players generally make, which are very different from those they make.
An example would be you have KK and they called you a 3 bet with 74o, flop 779, your bet 3/4 of the pot and the recreational player either makes you a huge reraise or goes all-in directly. Better that you fold, the recreational will never go all-in with a draw in that case but surely call with call as in this case of the example with a 7 and got the set.
Because in general, regular players, outside of the fact that they may logically be interested in their opponent's full stack, in general what they are interested in is getting most of the stack out of the 3 streets, on the other hand, what interests recreational players is that in one hand in his favor, he will suddenly take out all the money or stack of chips that you have.
In this case, it is generally said that the good player is very patient, because he is patient in all aspects of the game. In turn, the recreational player is anxious, the bigger the bet, he thinks he will get more out of you, and generally it is not like that.
Greetings:giggle::giggle::giggle:

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
The difference between the 2 is that the pro doesn't play on micro stakes, he doesn't waste time