Desire and determination may help us to win first place?

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Hello everyone :)
I think that sometimes I feel the desire and determination to win first place, and the truth is that I win especially in cash games, sit&go and spin&go. For tournaments, I can often enter the paid seats, but this result does not really satisfy me with the will, determination, care and patience that I show while playing.

A

ACE448

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great. I share the same mentality. However, no matter how good a player you are you always lose too. I think it is how we handle losing that makes us, as oppose to the winning. You need to be smart, savvy and in it for the long haul in this game.

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I share your opinion 100%, if we want to become good poker players or win a tournament, we must start by wanting it and do everything possible by developing skills to achieve this goal. The truth is that luck plays a very important role in poker, but luck also calls and is made by the player behind the screen or the table. Regards.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
I think that sometimes I feel the desire and determination to win first place, and the truth is that I win especially in cash games, sit&go and spin&go. For tournaments, I can often enter the paid seats, but this result does not really satisfy me with the will, determination, care and patience that I show while playing.
Winning first place in cash games - does this means what i think it means ?!?

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I know we all want to be the 1st place in mtt's, but it's not easy to win tournaments (specially big tournaments), because many other players also have determination, desire and patience to win. I never won a big tournament, but I keep studying and trying to have a positive mindset to maybe one day I achieve my goal.

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Winning first place in cash games - does this means what i think it means ?!?
;) Sometimes we make mistakes in expression or in a word, but the meaning of this expression is clear to everyone, despite this slip of the tongue, but we always find someone who catches the error and leaves the essence of the subject;)

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
I share your opinion 100%, if we want to become good poker players or win a tournament, we must start by wanting it and do everything possible by developing skills to achieve this goal. The truth is that luck plays a very important role in poker, but luck also calls and is made by the player behind the screen or the table. Regards.
Yes, this is true. This desire or determination to win, no matter how strong, does not mean that winning the first place is certain, because luck or “fate” always has another opinion.

Madalin Poke

Madalin Poke

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Of course, both qualities mentioned by you can stimulate us to the first places in torunaments. In fact, I think they are the main cause of success. But, I believe that any quality must be exploited in a balanced way, in the sense that if you are too determined to win many hands in a row as fast as possible, it can actually result in your downfall.

Qualities like desire and determination have to go hand in hand with the patience, balance and strategy of the game that you have to adapt according to the other players, in order to have as many changes of winning as possible. Controling your desire and your anger on other players that play pretty chaotic can lead you to the final table and to the first place too, but only with systematic and conscious effort's.

Wish y'all a good day!

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Yes, it's always good to go into a tournament or something else with such a feeling, but it won't always lead to victory. Unfortunately, you always have to expect that you can lose. That doesn't mean that you should lower your goals, but you just have to accept that it belongs to the game that you win and sometimes lose

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Yes, I think being focused and confident helps to get good results, after all, poker is a mental game.

D

Dellamora999

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Desire and determination I always have the problem is to win. hahahha
It takes a lot of focus and patience, only determination and desire is not enough.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
There is no fairness in poker, and mathematicians don't really care about such abstract concepts. You can play at the same level as others and still lose (or win) more money in your lifetime. Obsessing over concepts like luck and fairness will not propel your poker career forward.

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Congratulations on your determination to reach first place, I confess it's been a long time since I've reached first place, my best placements have been, from second to ninth in final tables. I need to focus more and not be too anxious. keyword determination

Nizar

Nizar

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not always my friend to win first place must play with you also a little luck and patience😉

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I am convinced that patience is a key skill for achieving goals. If you can find the strength to be patient enough, you will definitely achieve your goals. Good luck.

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
I am convinced that patience is a key skill for achieving goals. If you can find the strength to be patient enough, you will definitely achieve your goals. Good luck.
Of course, both qualities mentioned by you can stimulate us to the first places in torunaments. In fact, I think they are the main cause of success. But, I believe that any quality must be exploited in a balanced way, in the sense that if you are too determined to win many hands in a row as fast as possible, it can actually result in your downfall.

Qualities like desire and determination have to go hand in hand with the patience, balance and strategy of the game that you have to adapt according to the other players, in order to have as many changes of winning as possible. Controling your desire and your anger on other players that play pretty chaotic can lead you to the final table and to the first place too, but only with systematic and conscious effort's.

Wish y'all a good day!

Yes, it's always good to go into a tournament or something else with such a feeling, but it won't always lead to victory. Unfortunately, you always have to expect that you can lose. That doesn't mean that you should lower your goals, but you just have to accept that it belongs to the game that you win and sometimes lose

Yes, I think being focused and confident helps to get good results, after all, poker is a mental game.

Desire and determination I always have the problem is to win. hahahha
It takes a lot of focus and patience, only determination and desire is not enough.

There is no fairness in poker, and mathematicians don't really care about such abstract concepts. You can play at the same level as others and still lose (or win) more money in your lifetime. Obsessing over concepts like luck and fairness will not propel your poker career forward.

Desire, determination and will can help you in many things, not just poker.

Congratulations on your determination to reach first place, I confess it's been a long time since I've reached first place, my best placements have been, from second to ninth in final tables. I need to focus more and not be too anxious. keyword determination

Not always my friend to win first place must play with you also a little luck and patience😉

This is the point of discussion of the topic, although I am determined to reach the first place, but the matter does not go as I thought, this is what I talked about despite the will, focus and determination that I showed in the big tournaments, but it is always difficult to reach the final table or the first place.
The other thing is that I have never heard of a player who can always win first place in big or medium tournaments.
I don't think very much about luck, especially in poker, because there must be players who master the skills and strategies of poker correctly, and always reach the final table or the remaining fifteen seats at least with a good percentage.

M1n1GuN777

M1n1GuN777

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It really is. You can read more about this in the book Reality Transurfing. For the first acquaintance with esotericism, this is good literature. I myself am a big fan of the esoteric, so to speak. In short, it works at the level of energy flows and vibrations. You must not only believe in it, but also present what you want as a fait accompli, better in detail. It is also necessary to consider the time when it is best to do this. More radical methods than just the projection of thought into reality are found in the Hermetic texts, in the section on magic. But for selfish purposes I do not advise. The only question is how much you can work with your energy, or rather, how long it will last. Although there is always a way out, if you are ready to sacrifice something.

Rost

Rost

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
There is no point in being afraid of failure, because such fear leads to frustration in life. If you want to succeed you have to be patient and work every day to achieve your goals.

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
yes, I think that by wanting to win you can have a greater concentration, so it is possible :)

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't think it's about desire and determination. It's about discipline.
Take a good look:
Desire can lead you to carelessness.
Determination can lead you to obstinacy. Both lead to your downfall in poker.
But discipline is not corrupted.

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
I don't think it's about desire and determination. It's about discipline.
Take a good look:
Desire can lead you to carelessness.
Determination can lead you to obstinacy. Both lead to your downfall in poker.
But discipline is not corrupted.
We did not differ much, because discipline is part of desire and determination. You cannot win in poker unless you respect the rules and strategies of poker and apply skills professionally,despite mastering these skills and strategies, winning by 100% is not always certain ;)

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Unfortunately, winning 1st place largely depends on the cards
Hi :)
It is good to give us strong hands, but sometimes trusting too much in strong cards is the main reason for excluding us from the game, and in addition to concentration and patience, it is also necessary to apply poker strategies and read opponents well, and look carefully at the board before making a decision