Describe a time you quit poker, and why?

This Fish Chums

This Fish Chums

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll be honest. I once spent the rent money on poker. Damn near lost my wife over it Stopped for about 9 months before playing for real again. haven't had a problem like that since

belizebum

belizebum

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
No one likes a quitter. LOL. I haven't taken a break in a while. Never quit though.

R

rigor mortis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I took a three month break from playing, mainly because of the donks who beat me with a six or seven high straight. Seems they will open with any crap cards.

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I don't believe I've ever quit playing on purpose. I remember being forced to play live games only for about a month, or so, after April 15, 2011. I think I started playing at Lock Poker that June.

ReoRekop

ReoRekop

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you leave it fun for me, I doubt that day will come

vic88888

vic88888

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Um, probably because when all one does is lose (me) it gets to be quite demoralizing. oh well, at least no money spent.

P

Pulsar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I quit playing poker somewhere in 2015 - since I lost my bankroll! Back to play in the fall of 2018 - don't know what prompted me,probably poker has always been with me,even in times when I didn't play! and I hope that this time I will do better,at least I will make every effort!

vic88888

vic88888

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I hear ya Pulsar. I think many have come to that point.

T

TDTODDY

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I stopped playing poker for five years as I was running a club in NYC. No time.

D

Darth_Moola

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm kind of wondering if I should quit. I try to get better, but I don't think I have made enough progress compared to the effort I have put in. Maybe I should just stick to play money and the occasional home games.

leogetz79

leogetz79

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i just posted saying i was quitting for a while, but i could only be away for 1 week. im going on a trip for 1 week. i might be away for that, and then i have one trip for 2 weeks. that one im sure i wont play. im going in a month of bad beats and bad luck. it doesnt turn around.

wagon596

wagon596

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Uh, Never,, why? What else would I do?

VictorOd

VictorOd

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi. I quit for few years because I got bored plus personal life issues messed up everything. :)

A

AlbieTross

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm actually just getting back from about a 6 month break. I just had other things to worry about, but now I'm trying to reenter the freeroll club and get playing again.

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It was 2 weeks - I gave up the game because I went to Turkey for vacation :D

N

Needleburst3

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I stopped playing for a few months, was taking a couple upper division courses and didn't have too much time for poker.

xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the longest time I've been without playing poker is 1 year and it was because of my work:bike:
I have never "quit" poker. There have been times in my life that I have not been able to play for years at a time (3 years of law school and studying for the bar, then getting my law career started). Periods like these have forced me to not play, but I still would watch Poker After Dark, wsop, WPT, ect and read about poker. I think the break actually made me a better player. I had read a lot about playing a LAG style, before I was much more TAG. I also understand more about changing gears and not playing the same way all the time. I also have developed more patience. So, some breaks can be good.

Tvorets

Tvorets

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For 8 years, there was no interruption in the game. I play almost every day.

Cristhian

Cristhian

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I met poker a few years ago and was very young and was also studying and did not pay attention to proper care and stop for 5 years and now I'm retaking