Describe a time you quit poker, and why?

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the longest time I've been without playing poker is 1 year and it was because of my work:bike:

Infinity Objective

Infinity Objective

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the longest time I've been without playing poker is 1 year and it was because of my work:bike:

The first 12 years of my life when I discovered girls. :p Then I met the "Queen of hearts" and I've been torn between the 2 ever since.

Last edited:
ssory83

ssory83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In all these 10 years of playing poker, I've spent 6 months. honestly to be, I've been trying to find out if I can live without poker, and the answer was definitely: No!

A

AlbieTross

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Before I discovered CC I ran out of money and just hated playing in such enormous freerolls and hardly ever cashing so I quit for a few years.

DougPkrMonsta

DougPkrMonsta

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Played from 2001-2011 online and live - stopped playing right after Black Friday (4/15/11) since I could no longer play on pokerstars.

Came back to playing about the same time I found this site (July 2016) - very glad I did. :)

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Played from 2001-2011 online and live - stopped playing right after Black Friday (4/15/11) since I could no longer play on PokerStars.

Came back to playing about the same time I found this site (July 2016) - very glad I did. :)
Sometimes it is good to take a long break for a week or months and return renewed

ledsmith

ledsmith

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I quit playing poker almost immediately. I mean online poker. I registered for poker, I threw 10 dollars. Of course, almost immediately lost them. After that I forgot for a while. A few months later on my birthday, I was given five tickets for the dollar on the spin-n-go. He started playing and created a bankroll of $ 80. In the end, and merged this amount. But I'm addicted to the game. Although in principle I do not regret. I'm a fish. But I do not spend a lot of money on this.

ledsmith

ledsmith

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Besides, now I have where to learn so as not to make mistakes anymore. While I'm not going to give up. If only for the sake of rest,

ratmantoo

ratmantoo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had a forced retirement from online poker around the end of 2010 thanks to SA players being banned from the online tables. Still played in home games as often as I could.Back now.. the gambling laws are once again grey........

J

jospel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I took a break after the whole full tilt and pokerstars online bans. I was frustrated with full tilt poker because I had a balance of 6k+ and I was unable to withdraw. I had lost my faith in the system.

albosaltenio

albosaltenio

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I also stopped playing poker for more than 2 years because of my work, that was the longest period. I also stopped playing for a couple of weeks for the holidays.

I also got to leave poker for about a month but that time it was to reset me and come back with new energies to play, I think that when things do not come out right it's good to take time out of the tables.

A

abbershey

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i quit from time to time to refocus It helps me get a new perspective.

Vilgeoforc

Vilgeoforc

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Three months I did not play at all. A family member had problems with the law. Then I came back. And if I don't play for money, then I play for fan money. )

nameless

nameless

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Well i considerer quiting for a time and i did but i end playing again cuz i love it even bad days it help me focus on other things and try to use poker time to relax

drunkalien

drunkalien

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Well i considerer quiting for a time and i did but i end playing again cuz i love it even bad days it help me focus on other things and try to use poker time to relax

For me, there can be such a thing as OVERplaying. You look out the window,
realize there's a real world out there and a bright sunny day. I had to quit for a while and
go spend some time with my family and friends. Winter is great for poker, as here in canada,
any old reason to stay indoors and chill is a good one!
:jd4:

G

Gambit123

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I stop playing alot beacuse I get bored and want to do something else with my spare time. And i never make enough money,if I make money.

I am not really a gambler but I like card games from when I was younger I use to love Pokémon and Yu-Gi-Oh cards, only a matter of time till I played poker

Marctowin

Marctowin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Please do not delete this message! My withdrawal from the poker game was suspended by the killing of my family and the destruction of my home in Ukraine by the Ukrainian Armed forces. Only me and the goat are alive. Others were torn to pieces. Goat milk brings to others and the right to hope. Received the citizenship of the Russian Federation. Terribly.

L

lezghin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hadn’t been playing poker for about six months ... because I just can’t play, I didn’t have internet, I often lost at one time and stopped playing poker .. these are the things that I do ... I think they like to play who wins, and some just believe in luck and sometimes win luck, then again there is no and the process repeats

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Did not play a maximum of 7-10 days,purely for personal reasons,the work did not stop me...

J

jabo14

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I am in limbo now. A very good run live in wsop Circuit followed by the worst downswing in my life. Rested and ready to go now:dancing2:

S

step055

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My wife and I went to Europe and I didn’t have a [emoji335] so I couldn’t play poker. And the second time it was because I was lack of time and had a lot of work to do-so,I couldn’t play poker or even stay active at the forum at that time. But now I am here and have enough time to do the things that I love

vic88888

vic88888

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Prob a year. The focus was on other things.

Erpherk

Erpherk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When black friday happen i quit because i had to, didn't play for years then decided to give it a try again on bovada... then heard about ACR, i play a few months then stop playing for a few most of the time.