Deposit vs Freerolls

M

MimiMLZ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys,

I am wondering. In order to play good poker, do you guys think it is better to deposits or try to win some freerolls ?

CowboyStomp

CowboyStomp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not all freerolls are the same. The Cardschat platinum freerolls are pretty close to micro/low stakes MTT play. I would advise for you to try and get qualified for them.

Any level of paid MTT is better poker to start off with but if you can make the later rounds of a freeroll the poker is much better but still can be pretty loose. Bubble and Final table is usually pretty good.

Maxmustdie

Maxmustdie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
many rooms require a deposit to play freerolls

webseoteam

webseoteam

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think deposits is better than freerolls

venycyos

venycyos

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The game really is different, neither harder nor easier, but people are definitely more willing to take risks when they have nothing to lose, especially in the early stages.

Martin Carreira

Martin Carreira

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that the advantage that real money tournaments have is that since they have a cost to enter, players do not go all in hands as much as in free ones and it allows you to develop a better strategy and better game.

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
hello

The freerolls are good to learn to play and also to win money at no cost, also a deposit to start of $ 50 is not bad to start with !!

magister1

magister1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Why not both?

I've enjoyed playing ACR freerolls and its kind of neat to try and build a roll that way. I've also deposited $30 at ignition to test out more of the games too.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls can be used to build initial bankroll without investing own money. Cardschat freerolls are also with better players than normal ones which are free to everyone. In short you can use the freerolls for free training and avoiding initial deposit but as soon as you are able to earn enough from normal games you should switch to these as the experience is more real.

lukovnikofff

lukovnikofff

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys,

I am wondering. In order to play good poker, do you guys think it is better to deposits or try to win some freerolls ?
I believe that making a deposit is the best option, there the game is much more interesting and people there play more thoughtfully, since they have contributed their personal funds! But no one canceled the game of freerrols, you can play them in parallel! I have not made a deposit yet, I am trying to build my bankroll on a game of freerrols, not to say that it turns out quickly, but slowly something comes out! It depends only on your possibilities, if you can afford to make a deposit, then I would advise you to make it!

A

Arbas33

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys,

some are against making deposits ... so you have to be on your own discretion

T

Tomek416

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do both. My deposit limits are pretty low, so I still play freerolls, but the outcome of freerolls depends almost entirely on luck. Too many people go crazy when the tournament is free and often someone gets lucky and beats your good hand.

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Hi guys,

That's an interesting question because what in your eyes is good poker? Personally, I don't think there is really a difference between freerols and deposits because it doesn't make poker better or worse. You only get one or the other more or less people who risk more or less. But I would definitely say if you are new to poker then it would be advisable to start with freerols first. I also believe that if someone can say that they only built their bankroll out of freerols that they can be really proud of themselves and I have great respect for such people

Jason Bralli

Jason Bralli

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
the question to ask is:

am i prepared to make a deposit?

you need to get to know yourself and make a true assessment of yourself and your game.

If you are prepared psychologically, financially and this money will not be missed, then make a deposit and be happy!

but remember, when you are going to build a house, you must start with the foundation and not the roof, think about it!

GL :smile:

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I deposited and got going playing for real money. Had played for a couple years for fun with play chips and freerolls. Depositing is quick way to get going without the drain of grinding for a few bucks.

Playing private and forum sponsored events is a way to maintain a bankroll. Nice to reel off some top 3 finishes to boost the variance laced times where you're taking some hits.

papapokera85

papapokera85

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
It is necessary to alternate, freerolls are good in their own way, and sometimes deposits)

Sschafell

Sschafell

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
it depends, if you beat the micros fild i believe that deposit is the best option, but if you are starting the cardchat freerolls are better.

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Without hesitation, I can tell you that virtually every player can build a decent bankroll by playing freerolls. If a player cannot build a bankroll by playing in freerolls, then it is better not to play poker at all.

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I think most players start with freerolls and make a deposit when they withdraw money.

S

seraxel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Small deposit and augment it with freerolls is best. Don't keep more money online than you miss if you were unable to cash out.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it depends of your financial status, if you have some extra money to invest to start to play poker, I would say it’s the best way. It’s difficult to start a bank from open freerolls (not cardschat ones), they usually have thousands of players for a small prize pool.

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everybody
I think if you are going to play a tournament with a large buy-in, then it is easier to make a deposit, as it was already written in the 888 room, admission to freerolls with a large prize pool only after making the first deposit and the last to withdraw money from the room you have to make a deposit

INISHTE

INISHTE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
Both of them.

If it's really bad for me, even if it's, I make a deposit per month, but every day I tried to win a freeroll.

J

jeffman123

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It really depends on your financial situation and how much you want to invest in the game. I would recommend you start out with freerolls and see if you actually like poker, but then you can defintely deposit as well and try to build your bankroll from that. It's super hard to build a BR just from freerolls, but it is possible.

M

MimiMLZ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not all freerolls are the same. The Cardschat platinum freerolls are pretty close to micro/low stakes MTT play. I would advise for you to try and get qualified for them.

Any level of paid MTT is better poker to start off with but if you can make the later rounds of a freeroll the poker is much better but still can be pretty loose. Bubble and Final table is usually pretty good.

Yeah, I am already working on it. Thanks for your piece of advice.

Freeroll Passwords