Status
Not open for further replies.
LuckyChippy

LuckyChippy

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess I didn't want to be a spewtard pre-flop and I certainly didn't expect that on the flop.
EDIT: i'm so on tilt right now it's not funny.

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I guess I didn't want to be a spewtard pre-flop and I certainly didn't expect that on the flop.
EDIT: i'm so on tilt right now it's not funny.

Then stop playing and stop going on the poker forums? The more time you spend here the more frustrated you will get. Take a break sir.

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
calling a 4bet is worse, just jam preflop if you are going to play fit/fold postflop man!

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villian is 22/9 over 85 hands.

It's a spot I find myself in often and it sucks but I have no idea what to do. Though thinking about it maybe it's a shove/fold pre-flop?

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (5 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG ($20.24)
MP ($8.33)
Button ($25.59)
Hero (SB) ($10.30)
BB ($20.85)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A
spade.gif
, K
heart.gif

1 fold, MP bets $0.45, 1 fold, Hero raises to $1.20, 1 fold, MP raises to $2.90, Hero calls $1.70

Flop: ($6) 2
diamond.gif
, Q
spade.gif
, 9
diamond.gif
(2 players)
Hero checks, MP bets $2.80, Hero folds

Total pot: $6 | Rake: $0.40

Results:
MP didn't show
Outcome: MP won $5.60
Never ever calling 4bets is a pretty solid strategy with 100BB effectives stack imo, especialy OOP.
Either your ahead of his range or the dead money makes up for the % you behind or your crushed by a tiny 4bet range.
By calling your forced to play a big pot OOP with hand that misses the flop 65% of the time and when u do flop TP+ you hoping he spazes with JJ/QQ and pays u of on A or K flop(witch honestly isnt that likly since even mega fish are gonna be scared of a A or K in a 4bet pot).

Just fold or shove depending on villain and avoid geting your self in shitty spots ;)

slycbnew

slycbnew

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never ever calling 4bets is a pretty solid strategy with 100BB effectives stack imo, especialy OOP.
Either your ahead of his range or the dead money makes up for the % you behind or your crushed by a tiny 4bet range.
By calling your forced to play a big pot OOP with hand that misses the flop 65% of the time and when u do flop TP+ you hoping he spazes with JJ/QQ and pays u of on A or K flop(witch honestly isnt that likly since even mega fish are gonna be scared of a A or K in a 4bet pot).

Just fold or shove depending on villain and avoid geting your self in shitty spots ;)

+1, I've been folding here except against spewtards...

sky4ever

sky4ever

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never fold this.....ever

I usually fold AQ to 3bets oop more often then not, however this was a v loose table & I had a big stack to take chances, the pot had extra juice too.Anyway I ended up in 5th place for $197 and won an additional $388 when I reached final table (had around 470k in chips) for a total of $585
I got so tilted for finishing 5th that I wasn`t able to sleep until I won 3 buy`ins in $50PLO HU in under 20 minutes of play

Attachments

• donkament.jpg
    donkament.jpg
    417.6 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wtf is a cashout tournament

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Exchange chips for cash during the tourney, half the buy in goes to the cash out total. So u can 'sell' 1500 chips for x amount of dollars.

ace2daface

ace2daface

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
savage penguin played a few and has/had a thread somewhere.

basically there is a cashout pot and u can cashout at any given time and u get a certain percentage of the prizepool. (i think)

sky4ever

sky4ever

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Also, if you reach final table you are automatically credited with the amount of $ worth your chips, but without losing any of your chips, also I`m never playing one again, ever.

Juniorsdaddy

Juniorsdaddy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In November I had no focus, and it cost me dearly.

So, I am starting over with what's left of my roll. I am going to play more SNG/MTTs, but I really need a cash game to stay balanced. So, I have decided on .01/.02 Omaha H/L. The first few sessions were up and down with some minimal losses. So, I studied up on the game some. I have been able to take down some good size pots (for .01/.02 at least).

Baby steps...

slycbnew

slycbnew

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In November I had no focus, and it cost me dearly.

So, I am starting over with what's left of my roll. I am going to play more SNG/MTTs, but I really need a cash game to stay balanced. So, I have decided on .01/.02 Omaha H/L. The first few sessions were up and down with some minimal losses. So, I studied up on the game some. I have been able to take down some good size pots (for .01/.02 at least).

Baby steps...

I've been mostly playing PLO 6max, but I've also been having fun w O8 - started w FR limit and switched to FR PL. You may already know this, so apologies if so, but I'm just learning :p ...

The advantage I found in PLO8 over Limit O8 is that most players at 10nl and under don't grasp the idea that they should be trying to scoop the pot and playing hands that allow them to do that - seeing alot of low only hands w no possible high, and a lot of high only hands, that bet very aggressively - better yet, they also call alot when I've got a nut one way or the other and have good outs to scoop. The PL structure penalizes the A2xxr players more than Limit does, making it more profitable. :D

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
where's the all-in button????

blackjack.jpg

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
agree, i busted that hand obv. and i only needed 3 more 3s

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the count is high!!!

Juniorsdaddy

Juniorsdaddy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been mostly playing PLO 6max, but I've also been having fun w O8 - started w FR limit and switched to FR PL. You may already know this, so apologies if so, but I'm just learning :p ...

The advantage I found in PLO8 over Limit O8 is that most players at 10nl and under don't grasp the idea that they should be trying to scoop the pot and playing hands that allow them to do that - seeing alot of low only hands w no possible high, and a lot of high only hands, that bet very aggressively - better yet, they also call alot when I've got a nut one way or the other and have good outs to scoop. The PL structure penalizes the A2xxr players more than Limit does, making it more profitable. :D

I just started learning the intricacies of the game myself. I only played it sparingly before, but I started to notice the trashy hands people played and got lucky. So, I started to sit back and wait for the good hands and put the pedal to the metal post-flop. Sure, I find I could win a few more pots if I played looser, but I would also lose more.

PC69

PC69

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
btw i know ur screeny was a joke..

just ub bj blows big time..

The whole site blows imo

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the count is high!!!

that means it's time to signal in the big player!! i must use a subtle code word. the code word is..... triskaidekaphobia

Emperor IX

Emperor IX

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So I've decided that it's time to start crushing the limit games again. So I think I'm going to start on that tomorrow.

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
that means it's time to signal in the big player!! i must use a subtle code word. the code word is..... triskaidekaphobia

shows how much you know, you would have just got a face full of fist. You obviously signal them over with a body movement signal, not by shouting, 'Yo dennis, the count is high here'

J

Johnnybmoto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Heads up PLO is fun

sky4ever

sky4ever

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
26$ Omaha H/L

Full Tilt Pot-Limit Omaha Tournament, 40/80 Blinds (8 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG (t4504)
UTG+1 (t2561)
MP1 (t5204)
MP2 (t713)
MP3 (t3833)
CO (t9553)
Hero (SB) (t6335)
BB (t6899)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 5
diamond.gif
, A
spade.gif
, 3
club.gif
, 6
spade.gif

2 folds, MP1 bets t280, MP2 calls t280, 2 folds, Hero calls t240, 1 fold

Flop: (t920) 7
diamond.gif
, 4
heart.gif
, 2
heart.gif
(3 players)
Hero checks, MP1 bets t160, MP2 raises to t433 (All-In), Hero raises to t2379, MP1 raises to t4924 (All-In), Hero calls t2545

Turn: (t11201) 10
diamond.gif
(3 players, 2 all-in)

River: (t11201) Q
heart.gif
(3 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: t11201

Results:
Hero had 5
diamond.gif
, A
spade.gif