Day Trading Or Poker Full Time

W

woodeng

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great post -- I believe they both require the same amount of luck. Depending on your background I think one would possess more card playing skills than skills reading the market.

D

Dentada

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know anything about day trading and I love poker, so poker always.

wrzlbrnft

wrzlbrnft

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I made daytrading with CFD's some years ago, tried to make money but lost a lot. Quick decisions are needed, also in Poker but her I am more succesful, Maybe because I play Poker for fun and in Micros. Ther are some similairs in daytrading and Poker. Now I prefer longterm investments, her I am profitable

flattershay

flattershay

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'd pick poker because it's more interesting as a game. But wouldn't mind a day trading if I were at least decent at it.

Sulfuros001

Sulfuros001

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What would i do?

I definitely going to chose to play poker all day, since i have no clue about trading... But if had to chose between poker and another gambling method then that would be a football betting, i am goof at it.

P

Player1472

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I pick poker since i have less of a clue in day trading as I do in poker, lol.

J

jeffman123

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Investing is great and also not what day trading is. Almost all investors are actually gonna be losing money long term with day trading, or so I heard. So I actually I might go with Poker.

mushthebush

mushthebush

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Why not do both and see which is more profitable? I cannot under any circumstances advise taking on a day job at this point in time. Some research and basic math will unfortunately show you the truth. It's simply not worth it at the moment, just like pension or savings accounts. Besides, there are too many trained workers, without any other abilities or skills or the potential to acquire these, and who accept the easy way of taking what they're given. If you're one of them, go get a job, it's your best bet.

Of course, I have no responsibilities, so I can take chances at alternative opportunities and I refuse to live a mediocre life of survival with absolutely no chance for worthy achievements. However, I'm commited to risk, and I am not afraid to take chances (calculated), even if I die trying. Not many people are able to accept this. If you can afford to survive and can give yourself a shot at an acceptable life (you only got one), then go for it. Do research, absorb every piece of information you can and work for it harder than you ever have. That's a requirement. Other than that, It's your choice not an obligation.

If you get a job, also join the gym in January, motivated by the "new year, new me" slogan to donate gym owners some of your money every month for a year, after using it twice in January before giving up and unable to cancel it. Works a charm! Also, do not forget to "invest" a little in a new crypto coin like Squid or Shib with amazing potential and great hype online before it vanishes overnight and then give yourself a pat on the back and say it ain't too bad, it was worth a try, how could you have known, but at least didn't lose too much.

If you go day trading or poker, research them both like there's no tomorrow. For day trading, read everything about technical analysis, give quality signals a try, do some copy trading, use demo accounts (just like chips in poker but in trading it replicates exactly as opposed to poker where there's a huge difference between real money and chips), create some trading bots, fail, then analyse what and why you've done what you've done. Generate some good patterns, leave emotions to your family, setup your risk management so you can profitably lose trades and stick to your strategy, no matter what. Then, put in some real money and dive in with your O2 tank, suit and goggles on not with a heavy rock tied to your ankles and your fingers crossed. If you're from UK, you're better off spread betting rather than day trading as it's classed as gambling, so you save the "rake"/tax for later poker purposes. For poker, play, read, play, analyse, play and adjust, lose your money and then come back more motivated than ever. Isn't this how top players got to the top? There can't be highs without lows.

One more thing, it's not what you do, it's how you do it. Be committed and happy with your choice. If you're used to dropping everything in life because of emotions, then don't waste your time and follow your intuition.

Last edited:
makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
The right mesure in what you do! I do this. This time I prefer poker, because I decide my moves!

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing poker full time is what I strive for.

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Crazy but true. Which one would you do? :bike:????

Generally, I think, daytrading needs more patiance, as sometimes, you must sit there hours, days doing nothing, plenty days you just must avoid because certain events what can ruin not simply the certain day, but the hole week, month.

Also just for beginning, it is matter of your pocket size, even if you daytrade with high leverage, you need much higher "bankroll" for the same long term average profit, then in poker. Unless you have millions or more, but i guess we don't talk about that case, as more than possible you wouldnt be here then, and you wouldnt even think about daytrading...

Time case, obviously daytrading takes less time, than playing poker regularly. Your weekends are definitely free vs. most of the reg poker players don't really have Sundays off, even Saturdays rarely.....

Just the sudden main things i got in my mind, but there are plenty.

Otherwise, the main thing: money speaks, so how much you need, how much you can manage from trading/poker which one is (more) profitable, if you are able to make profit from any...

filippfilm

filippfilm

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Crazy but true. Which one would you do? :bike:????

Playing with a lot is both good and bad at the same time. You can relax and lose your stack, this has happened to me many times ... It is more important to become the leader in the late stage of the tournament :jd4::):jd4:

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
The only time I tried trading on the stock exchange, was when the Tory Government started selling off Nationalised industries like British Telecom, British Gas, and other Businesses, in the 1980s.
They were always under-priced, and I did make quite a bit of money initially, but being a family man with more important issues to take care of, I went for the quick profit, and sold them as soon as the price doubled, which they all did in a matter of a few weeks.
Boy do I wish I had held onto them now, some of them are worth 10 X what I initially paid for them, but it has been a long time, and of course raising a family came 1st.

When the fun Stops, STOP!

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nothing wrong with doing both ..I do and variety is good ,don’t sink all your time just into one thing ..diversify

L

LL22

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i split my time half day trade half poker.
It is more efficient.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker seems to be a much more fun option in this regard.

poxerator78

poxerator78

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In order to earn poker, you constantly need to have a decent bankroll and set yourself a goal of 300-500 bucks per week,
And also do not forget about study and analysis distribution
watch streamers and visit forums,
sleep well, no more than two tables per session
if you are unlucky and you played correctly, no mistakes means not your day and then you need to STOP PLAYING THIS DAY let your mind rest - breathe fresh air

Igor G

Igor G

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I play poker for no more than 6 hours. I play for fun, so 6 hours is more than enough. I don't see the point in playing poker for more than 6 hours or all day, because over time, poker will just get bored. You need to have moderation in everything.

AlexStar1981

AlexStar1981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Greetings. I probably couldn't play poker five times a week, every day, for 8 hours. Because it's one thing to play for your own pleasure, and another thing to play how to work. All the charm of the game disappears.