D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
No one has done more to promote the game of poker than daniel negreanu. End of story. He's the GOAT in that category.

This is where I tend to disagree.

The issue with the likes of Negreanu (actually anyone used in the poker ambassador role) is few bring outsiders to the game from what I can see. Are there any statistics to support the idea Negreanu brings outsiders/non-players to poker?

You use the term GOAT in terms of promotion but there is only one – Chris Moneymaker whose story went mainstream in real time (viral in a contemporary sense) and literally drove a poker boom like none could imagine. But he was hardly a poker ambassador when it happened, he became one after the fact. The various poker television shows produced in his wake underlined the Moneymaker effect so poker benefited through collective exposure (various players and shows).

As for Negreanu, I would say no one has done more to promote himself within poker than Daniel Negreanu.

Negreanu’s draw to GG poker (following his departure from pokerstars) is undoubted. However, Negreanu talks as if he moved to join its founding phase but GG poker was long established (2014) and already thriving across Asia. He joined when GG was aggressively courting a global market and offering high guarantees on weekly tournaments. He doubtlessly brought eyes to GG poker but I would argue (once again) what he did was draw existing players to the platform, not new players.

It is not a knock specific to Negreanu, I just do not believe that most who are propped up as ambassadors do little to draw new bodies to poker period. They are little but promotional tools within the poker community, useful to a degree but not in the manner touted.

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Negreanu is definitely a poker icon. Builds a very friendly atmosphere at the poker table. He reads players like open books. Perfect player. The world's top.

Z

Zirkzee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Negreanu's demeanor is the exact opposite of what some of the greatest poker pros do today: he's nice. So nice that many players are actually not impressed by him and therefore often underestimate his skill level. He's also very sociable and communicative, can often be found at public events, and has also appeared in major screen events, such as in the movies X-Men Origins: Wolverine, The Grand, and Lucky You.

dominisantus

dominisantus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I saw him in Wolverine's movie, I didn't immediately understand who was there at the table :) still Daniel is top and he is very positive. take at least his attitude to the duel with the Regiment.

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
making vlogs has turned him into a total internet dickhead...arrogant..self absorbed...narcissistic...Very happy Doug is spanking him good and proper.

before he started doing vlogs with Melissa...you know...the previous young trophy blonde...i was a big big fan.

I still respect him as a tourney player for his online min cash ability in big fields..with multiple rebuys...and his ability to go deep in live small field high roller games...his 'live' reading skills are second to no one. The way he put that man on KK...told him he had KK...and raised him off the pot with no Ace on the board with junk to win the hand was pure magic in action...amazing play on so many levels.

He has taught me a lot about poker...and i am grateful. But why does he have to be such an asshole in his vlogs..??...it's beyond me.

more spanking is better..hey Doug..??.. :)

oh yes...and he is a corporate shill.

I'm not a fan of his. The man can play poker though. I always thought he came across as a little bit phony to me. He seems to be trying to hard to be the nice guy in poker too much. Phil Ivey is a better role model at the table. He doesn't have to say anything and let his play do the talking for him.

J

joelabaire

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls.

What's the best freerolls on what site and how can I get the password

AndyFio

AndyFio

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You know, he is my favorite player, I am also amazed by all the qualities in him that you described. I admire his talent.

B

booosteeer23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]

I don't really respect Negranu because of the cooperation and change in the VIP system of pokerstars.

volume_up

content_copy

[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)][/COLOR]

IzzyMoreno

IzzyMoreno

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It looks like he is planning a second career in chess. :) He made some vids with Hikaru Nakamura and joins PogChamps 3.

IzzyMoreno

IzzyMoreno

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Negreanu goes all in on chess

Dalyn

Dalyn

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I mean like he is what he is.... But many people because of him start to play poker he was big star for PS anyway one of the best players in the World.

yezzrr

yezzrr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He is an indisputable icon, successful, and likable. I would find myself silently cheering him on during the poker boom

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This man has already proven his worth. He has been in the history of poker for a long time, he is one of the best players. It is impossible to challenge his play, at least for me. But for me he is not an idol, but he is not a bad person, judging by his television behavior.

MarkAbrantes

MarkAbrantes

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One of the greatest poker ambassadors ever. Hate him or love him, he's great for poker

monkey23

monkey23

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It looks like he is planning a second career in chess. :) He made some vids with Hikaru Nakamura and joins PogChamps 3.

last i knew he had a chess rating of under 1000....that's like a poker player playing micro games.

navicula

navicula

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I often watch his videos. I think he's an exciting person. :)

Costy69

Costy69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dnegs

I think Dnegs is a great poker player. Yeah I dont agree with what comes out of his mouth all the time. But hes got the results. So you cant hate on him.