Cursed Hand?

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I ran my HH few years after playing quit a bit, A Q was a huge leak. From hand analysis, was playing to strong from any position but major problem was from EP.

Once corrected, it fell back to be a profitable hand. It was interesting getting that hand and playing it differently though.

A

ataraxyan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, AQ is quite tricky. And to me cursed hands are surprisingly AA and KK. Hmm maybe it's too exaggerate to say they are cursed to me. But usually I expect them super strong but quite a few times they betray me. As they are strong but not perfect.

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Any hands lose. You have to accept that.

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Easy to fix problem!!! Run any time you see AQ anywhere!!! Lol!

J

JAAMEZz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ACES!!! i so rarley hold with them. if i slow play they get cracked, if i agro play they get folded. they always seem to get busted by sets. so ridic!

S

slais_pro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
KK, here's a combination I've been losing a lot lately.

N

natelearnspoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I lose a lot with AK in coin flips with a lower pocket pair.

nba2009

nba2009

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
hahaha JJ's pair is terrible there is no way for me to ever get this hand forward in a pot or victorious haha ​​I always end up losing the hand sometimes due to variance sometimes due to playing it wrong

sara maria

sara maria

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
that damn hand, use it to your advantage, don't play all in, raise the bet, take it to the river, you know that he has KA on the river, he can't call you, you have the advantage, you have to know that entering the bubble QA always has the advantage ,,, use it wisely ;)

skalibur

skalibur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
REALLY

not really just for you, I just played AQ spades on the table, flopped QKQ I said I won kkkk I bet everything on the turn came 8 on the river came 9 my birthday was Q8 was ALLIN I AQ birthday with Q8 AND table QKQ89 AND PER

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
AJ is historically the hand. Lately, it's pocket kings. Can't fold it pre-flop and hate to fold it unless an Ace is showing.

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Sometimes I can't win if 88 against me.

akgross

akgross

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AQ must be played carefully as this is an apparent advantage of your ace in hand. I like this pair of cards being suited to trade. I go to the bank only when absolutely necessary.

gaarsiass

gaarsiass

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
PL
Chips
hmm. Most often I have a similar situation with TT, but I always try to use it in the best possible way.
I believe that each hand is different, but this hand usually deprives me of chips.

ObbleeXY

ObbleeXY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
For me my damn hand is QQ, a good hand theoretically but I lose with it more than 80% of the time, but of course I keep playing it.

Again, any good hand you lose with more than the expected % of time is either variance or bad play. 80% losses with QQ is just wrong (a fold is different from a loss).
Why do you keep playing them when A/K hits the flop? Do you reign in when straight and flush draws appear?

I think you need to be comfortable with letting a good hand go once it is no longer the winning hand, or it does not have sufficient outs to improve it. This is easier said than done of course, and specifically one of my own leaks. Play range against range. You'll stop losing your shirt with bad bluffs to bluff catchers too.

See you at the felt.
Cheers,
ObbleeXY

4kingwildo

4kingwildo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
nice post ) man r u serious? catch some cure potions from an old woman local, that should help)
ps. today all my rockets going in ruin, all in pre ) need some mumbo jumbo stuff 2 )))

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me, such a hand, as if it were not strange "KK". Very rarely I win with this card and very often I lose to it. And I don't know what it is connected with.

C

crabcruncher

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello.
For me personally, this is a wonderful hand. You just do not know how to play with that hand properly. But that does not mean it is a bad hand.
Good luck.
AQ is an AK magnet. It usually wins blinds and loses stacks.

MikeDTT

MikeDTT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
JJ -1010 for me. Only with up raise and thats plays

INISHTE

INISHTE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
Hi friend.

I think you are not using it well, for me it is a premium hand.

eniseysmail

eniseysmail

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very often, my high cards turn out to be losing ones. Likewise, often - the garbage cards that I fold - turn out to be winning. And these phenomena sometimes infuriate.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands