Controlling Your Emotions

M

myquickwit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The mental game of poker by jared tendler is a great book that helps with this sort of thing. Helped me a lot. I use to tilt like crazy.

Pawlowski

Pawlowski

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It’s totally ok. But more you learn and understand that it’s random, you will see that a lot of times you are in the other side, winning a hand that you were not supposed to (try to see some winning ones as your opponent)...
It could help a bit!

marvinsytan

marvinsytan

I'm going to win The PokerStars Sunday Million
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PH
Chips
This is what I want to control, not getting pissed when I get bad beat.

I just want to be relax all the way.

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Does anyone besides me, have trouble controlling their emotions after having a bad beat. It really sucks, when I go on tilt. Play for 4or5 hours and blow your chips on a stupid call.

Believe that such situations are faced by any player who plays more or less regularly and repeatedly during the game session! We are real people, not robots! And sometimes it's a pity!

No, you are not alone. It's very hard for everyone to control their emotions after bad beats, especially as you said spending hours on the game and ending after stupid calls. If this happens once at the game I could control more or less, but more than once it just kills me.

Hello.
Bad beats is an integral part of the game. If you react emotionally to such things, then you are only reducing your chances of winning. You need to try to just make the right decisions, and not pay attention to temporary difficulties or failures.
Don't worry about the badbeat and be in control of your feelings as long as you are playing poker so always be prepared for the badbeat, If you are not in control of your feelings you will make a lot of mistakes and it can go on for several days (it happened with me) it is a normal thing in the game of poker and we will always suffer from it

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not know how to control my emotions, alcohol helps me to recover:(

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
OP likes to start threads and then never come back. Watch...

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Does anyone besides me, have trouble controlling their emotions after having a bad beat. It really sucks, when I go on tilt. Play for 4or5 hours and blow your chips on a stupid call.

The best thing to do is drink 1/2 gallon of coconut oil and just excrete your anger. If you do it this way, it will never come back.

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Naturally, we all have varying degrees of control over our emotions. For all the time that I have been playing poker, I have become more restrained in emotions, began to try to distance myself from bad beats. One of the reasons for the restraint was a deeper study of the theory.

florestaftw

florestaftw

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

it is a common thing to go through that. you have to learn to stop playing when it happens.

ToNy70929

ToNy70929

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UZ
Chips
You are not the only person who is subject to emotion. For example, after a dubious river or combinations, I can scream strongly and hit the table with my hand out of anger:D

Sschafell

Sschafell

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I have been fighting this for years, it is very difficult, but it has evolved a lot, you have to understand that we should not worry about what we cannot control!

deputat777

deputat777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Oh yes, this is a very familiar bad beat, and you put it on top and you lose. After that, emotions overwhelm the tin like ...

G

glebchekotin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I cant control myself when i see people allining every hand and win 3+ in a row

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips

Study a little about self-control.
You will learn to channel this stress with some escapes, such as breathing control for example.
It works for me.

Entrik

Entrik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lately I've been trying to control, but as before it was just something))) Poker changed my life! :)

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
friend, it's very difficult to control the emotion in this case it really sucks.