Coach me or its over!

pigpen02

pigpen02

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks tenbob,

Looking at the Poker Tracker site as we speak.

Im working on my goals also and have to admit a little nervous about the NL table. My perspective between a NL CASH game and a NL TOUNAMENTis a little skewwed(sp). Here is an example of my BAD habits.

Deposit $50 ----- go play $1/$2 LIMIT ($10 buy-in) until I lose or double. OK before you comment I realize there are big problems here, but I want to explain my fear of the NL table. Regardless of my outcome from above I then go play a ($10 sit-n-go 9 player) and hold my breath to see if I can hit the money (fearlessly scared....lol). ok again I see big problems here also. ***My question is this, your example above refers to NL, any suggestions for LIMIT, POT LIMIT, or just get my crap together and learn to be confident in NL.

OK give it to me.......And really be honest, I need it when setting up my goals. I want to be able to stick to my goals, but Im sure at this point I am a waivering idiot and need to be honest with myself.

Thank You in Advance

The problem is with your bankroll management. $1/$2 limit takes a $400-$1000 bankroll. $10 SnG takes a $500-$1000 bankroll. If you are just throwing $50 away on a test, so be it. If you want a real plan, get a bigger bankroll or go to much lower limits. The NL$5 mentioned in tenbob's post was $5 maximum buy-in, not $2.5/$5 stakes.

Semicolonkid

Semicolonkid

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I decided the smartest thing for ME to do was just generate a bankroll out of NOTHING! The logic behind this is clear, simple, and I think rather good: If you create a bankroll from 0 and take it from there, several things happen.
First of all, you're not gambling ANYTHING except time.
Second, you'll know you have enough skill to play at a table if you've done good enough to finish in a freeroll for enough money.
Third, EVERYTHING here is based off of nothing but your poker skill, leaving whatever bankroll you need for life out of it.

This is my angle, and I suggest it to you.

C

chink44

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think with the $5o roll, you should be at either the $10 max or $25 max, depending on how comfortable you feel. If you are scared to play in the games, it will affect how you play, IMO. I started playing $2 SNGS and did have decent with them, but I started getting sick and tired of them. I have recently switched to the $10 max, with my $100 roll and play NL holdem cash games. If you stick to a tight style of play, and find a very loose table, you can profit pretty decently. I would start small first, then move up