classic poker is dead?

cubons

cubons

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At first, I was confused like what do you mean by saying clasic poker, but then I opened a thread. I absolutely agree with that ;) online poker seems to me more like a gambling. Even more when I found out about bots and fake players who does not understand how to play poker, but really tries to make some sick moves at the tables.

Lefty Blue

Lefty Blue

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On the luck factor

In California a court many years back ruled poker was a game of skill.
Legend has it that after all the evidence was heard the judge ruled that the 12 jurors should go and play poker for 2 days in the Jury Room. They were all poker players because it had to be decided by a jury of peers. They voted 8 to12 that poker was a skill game. Rumor has it, in the Jury Room, there were eight winners and four losers.

T

Thenightrain

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not sure I agree, I think playing online we all register a lot more games and generally we remember our bad beats over deep runs.

Definitely more new players / fish online (which is a good thing for the poker economy) which will increase your chances of hitting a bad beat but overall the good players will still win in the long run.

V

vpashuta

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The lower stakes in my opinion are more luck than skill. I don't play high stakes so I can't speak to that. I've seem more bad beats online than I care to mention, so why would I ever increase limits? I think online poker isn't random.