• Thread starter santiago matias
  • Start date
GordyPoker

GordyPoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play in UK - smoking Is banned indoors!

N

Narcys

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I quit smoking 3 years ago but i use electric one:)

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll probably buy myself a hookah and put it next to the computer[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

D

Dontnonothin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bad habit

It cannot be profitable to have to leave the table, because you are getting nervous. You might miss impartant hands.

fa1920

fa1920

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, I'm lucky to never have smoked and not being interested in doing it

Jilty

Jilty

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That title sounded really good. I quit smoking a pack a day two weeks ago but I have this fantasy of smoking one cigarette here and there and it's dangerous. I bummed one cigarette from my neighbor on day 3 and it wasn't all that great and nothing since. I'm still on nicotine though. It does have an immediate calming effect, and other nicotine effects. Combine this with the physical habit of hand to mouth, and it's a mighty addictive substance and delivery method. I try to remember that cigarettes are a poor choice and therefore not an optimal intellectual decision and let that be my guide. There are so many reasons to not smoke and everyone is educated on the health risks. $6 a day adds up as well. Don't smoke kiddos! I promise if you've never had a cigarette, smoking one will not help you play poker. If you're addicted and feeling flustered, it probably will have a calming effect (but at what cost).

Bolded above is something good, it's quite easy not to put the next cigarette in your mouth and wait it out for a few days, then have one.. now as long as you are passed the 'going crazy' period you will actually resent or semi-resent the sensations from that cigarette and then your pretty much done. Next time you go to put one in your mouth just don't, or do and see how shit it is..

Hey man great question,

There's no right answer here. But it comes down to this.

It depends on how you perceive the habit of smoking. So for example if deep in your mind you have this apprehensive negative opinion about your smoking being a bad habit then yes there are ways it can change your game.

The fact that you are asking if it affects your game clearly is an indication that you are pairing those two things together.

Instead, retrain your mind. Realize the decisions you make with cards are not related to anything else except your own decision during that time. Most buddies and players I play with (in the rare moments I am bankrolled to play live) they also smoke cigs and some herbs.

Perfect example is socially with a few drinks! Its fun and relaxing!

Having said that, if you are noticing some physiological health issues then its time to address the health issue on a deeper level and find another "substitute" habit.

Really good advice, just generally for poker.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
According to the Attorney General, it will shorten you're poker career. Not to mention those in close proximity.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is there any advice how easier it is to quit smoking ???))))
not everyone can do it

L

Lord Foma

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I sit playing poker, I do not notice how much I smoke, almost one by one.
In about 6 hours of play I can smoke a pack of cigarettes and this is not good.
With this we need to do something very great harm to argonism.

J

Joonnn1212

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh yea, you got that right, cigarettes are not something you want to combine with poker! I'm not in the business of judging anyone's addiction because I am unfortunately addicted to gamblin, but I hope you quit cigs good sir. Best of luck going forward.

S

stupidity

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The excitement is there in the game of poker. It is better not to smoke at this time. Kills on the spot.

vayubeing

vayubeing

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Dependency in every way makes us weaker.

When we have such a great machine (brain), I believe all you need is to feel your respiration and relax for the time you feel anxious.

Any exterior factor good or bad does reduce our machine's capability to perform efficiently although it seems to help us catch hold of the nerve. In real experiences we all have had, it boils down to just needing our average optimal self.

walluyo

walluyo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I sit playing poker, I do not notice how much I smoke, almost one by one.
In about 6 hours of play I can smoke a pack of cigarettes and this is not good.
With this we need to do something very great harm to argonism.
6 hours for a pack of cigaret, it so wow, be carefully the smoke will destroying yout lung. stop smoking for better life.

Dmitriy_rus7

Dmitriy_rus7

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Cigarettes have no effect on the game. They calm nerves and kill health. LOL

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not a smoker. And it is unlikely cigarettes will add mind. It can only calm the nerves. I treat Smoking as a bad habit that worsens health.

Mikica1122

Mikica1122

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm smoking more cigarettes while I play, but that does not affect my game. I smoke 2 boxes of cigarettes a day

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Sitting around for long periods of time while inhaling tars, nicotine & whatever into your lungs, how in the world could anyone think this could be bad for you? sheesh.

U

UncleConRon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion

I think cigarettes help when the poker feeling just turned against you. Most sit out then. It is a good idea to sit out catch your breath and have a cigarette to calm the nerves. I also like a cigar at the end of the grueling fight as reward from the eagle.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
one thing i could do now.
reduced the number of cigarettes per day))))))

A

All Rise

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm a smoker and I seem to smoke more when I'm playing

Same here, I smoke so much. Not sure if its the nicotine, or just the idea of having the cig between your fingers. Always light one when im late in a game and push with a big one, afraid of the call and suckout....lol.

S

SatisfyMe

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I heard a lack of sleep is equivalent to smoking. I know players who sleep at the table and their game does not change, meaning they remain solid with or without sleep. This goes the same for smokers. A drunk and talkative player is more dangerous to a good player than smoking or a lack of sleep.:icon_puke

cris1964

cris1964

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hello :)

does cigarettes affect on a poker player game????

im addicted and i feel it doesnt help me play well, as i feel the smoke in my head turning

does cigarettes affect poker playing???

and where apart from home you can smoke during the game .... nowhere is the simple answer, however, what is there to talk about as it is obvious

RiverLord90

RiverLord90

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I vape like a humidifier when I play mtts.

Trillian

Trillian

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Actually nicotine without cigarette smoke is quite comparable to coffeine. And no, contrary to common belief even from doctors it is not listed in the WHO's appendix of cancerogene substances. Why else would it be accessible to minors in most countries as gums or patches without prescription?