johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I go outside for a smoke on the :55 break, Don't smoke in the house at all. Has a calming effect. I like my :55 break, just hope it's no raining!

DomGov

DomGov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is actually a lot of evidence to support the fact that smoking can have a tangible negative impact on your cognitive function; the most basic reason being you're getting less oxygen than non-smokers.

I also truly believe that if you can quit smoking, you can accomplish anything.

I smoke myself and would LOVE to quit. Great life/mental/health, and personal growth goal all around.. that I know would serve myself and others well, if you could accomplish it.. you'd definitely benefit at the tables.

demibar

demibar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I get rid cigarettes but when I smoked it really doesn't effect my play I quess alcohol does

Zhubiitis

Zhubiitis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hello :)

does cigarettes affect on a poker player game????

im addicted and i feel it doesnt help me play well, as i feel the smoke in my head turning

does cigarettes affect poker playing???

of course not if you smoke every day you smoke and its all right cigarettes helps me with tilt :D

monstr999999

monstr999999

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it helps me to calm my nerves..)))
:dancing2:

P

pokerpick311

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I leave you a summary
Some studies have shown that nicotine in cigarettes increases concentration and attention (which makes smokers feel more alert), but cigarettes contain many other substances. 4,000 chemicals in total, of which 50 are toxic by nature: the carbon monoxide that derives from the smoke expelled by cars, butane, and arsenic, ammonia and methanol in the gasoline of rockets, for example. It is believed that the long-term accumulation of these toxic chemicals can damage the brain, which would generate deficits in learning and memory, essential for daily tasks such as remembering a medical appointment or taking medicine on time. They also affect the executive function, which is the one that helps us plan tasks, pay attention and ignore distractions. Without them daily life would be much more difficult.

A

aj43615

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't feel like smoking cigs actually helps me or hurts me in playing....besides I smoke more so it's hurting my pockets lol...but I posted on another thread about drinking and playing...I think a drink or two helps me....but I intend to drink to much when playing and get to brave with my hands and it hurts my playing badly...but I don't feel that cigs hurts my playing....doesn't bother my play whether or not I smoke

wlad20082009

wlad20082009

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
In my way. Especially during the game . Yes it helps after a hard tournament , relieves stress . But this is not a panacea .

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play more reserved and calm, but I try to quit Smoking. I hope another attempt will be successful)))

P

Pwohar43

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They are a major health hazard. To smokers, and non smokers. This thread should be removed

paulinhlt

paulinhlt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh man, cigarrets in poker live is a bad idea, in brazil smoking is not allowed

Helloween

Helloween

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was lucky in this. I never smoke while playing. I forget about it during the game, but so far I have not been able to completely abandon this bad habit.

ScottieDuncan

ScottieDuncan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't smoke, and, cigarette smoke is distracting to me when playing. Smokers should be polite about smoking at the table.

J

jospel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
cigs

cigs are disgusting, quit now before is too late

hello :)

does cigarettes affect on a poker player game????

im addicted and i feel it doesnt help me play well, as i feel the smoke in my head turning

does cigarettes affect poker playing???

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yo tobacco should be illegal by now.

Kertooie

Kertooie

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i used to vape quite alot after quiting smoking, (vape while playing poker online) vaping is a nice transition if you cant smoke inside your residence while you play, although quiting smoking/vaping ofcourse has left me with a lot more patience and a better mindset going into tourneys sitting at cash games etc

H

have

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
don;t

don't you like 2 years olds telling you what to do they know it all? but seems like we've lived through it all and most of us survived .but smoking kills us at 99. finally got us I guess havefunAA:D

M

mulliongc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have never smoked, have never once in my 71 years drug a cigarette to my lips, although I have spent many hours taking in 2nd hand smoke. If you are concerned about how smoking affects your poker play you are grossly misdirecting your priorities. I have never had any of my friends who smoke bless the day that they first put a cigarette in their mouth. Every one of them describe smoking as a "filthy habit" that they despise. The general health consequences, especially as one grows older, far outweigh the so called "calming affect" or "other benefits" of smoking. Positive aspects of smoking???? You have to be brain dead to believe there are any benefits to smoking that outweigh the dileterious aspects. If you can possibly quit you will some day look back and bless that event.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm a smoker and I already have a habit of smoking, but I agree with
neiroob - When I lose a very important distribution, smoking helps me calm down.

grindmylifeaway

grindmylifeaway

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Smoking While Playing

For starters I like to consider myself a casual smoker. Back in my youth I would smoke pretty heavily after school and after sports and stuff. But as I have grown older, I kind of fell into more of a healthier lifestyle and replaced my not so healthy vices with running and weight training, bike riding, rafting and things like that ( due to my location). I was talking to a friend of mine the other day and she had mentioned how she just doesnt enjoy playing with out taking a couple hits before during and in the middle of her playing sessions. I have no ill feelings either way. To each his/her own...but I was just thinking about how out of it I used to be at times and couldnt really see a benefit in being stoned while playing..Anybody else smoke or drink during their grind sessions? and does it make your play less affective or sloppy? Or does it bring you to a "new level"??? just curious :D

Herkstwin

Herkstwin

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Anything that negatively influences your thinking should be avoided when playing. Anyone who thinks they play better on alcohol or drugs is welcome at my table - and please - drink lots, toke lots, sniff more, whatever you think will make you a better player.

Destruct51

Destruct51

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everyone is open to do whatever they want at home, me personally. Yes, I am healthy. All other information is for behind my screen, lets just say I don't do anything illegal or drink. Lol!! Way to honest!!

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I smoke a very long time and I already have a habit, but I smoke sometimes during the game so as not to pause and go out, my wife constantly drives me outside so I smoke outside in the courtyard, and sometimes I drink beer and I play poker, I'm already so used to it that I probably can not change another!

101ABN

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some of my biggest tournament wins have been when I smoked a little to relax. It helps level me out and make me immune to tilting.