Are chips leaders just gamblers?

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Are you being chipleader very often? There must be some very good play in order to achieve that.
this is me in a tourney right now as we speak.
I'm always the chip leader even when I'm not
5c82c9f1f9cb98d4542305b0fadc1d49.jpg

Atararo14

Atararo14

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Not often, a good player can be a cheap leader because he knows how to make the good spot profitable and value to the maximum against a weak player

ToNy70929

ToNy70929

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UZ
Chips
Chip leaders feel self-confident and put pressure on opponents at the table, especially in the later stages of tournaments.:)

venycyos

venycyos

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing as CL is great, but to be good you have to know how to play in every stack size scenario.

N

nutself

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have read em all in the sense new books just restate the old.
I live Poker
That is inspiring, I want to read more books now:)

Last edited:
Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I play poker for the sake of the game. Of course, money is important to me, but during the game I first of all try to make good and quality decisions. It is not money that brings me the greatest pleasure, but the game itself and my victory.

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I've often seen players who are in the top 3 in the middle of the game but who can't make it to the FT.
And intermediate players who take the leap from the middle to the end of the tournament.
I particularly struggle when I am chip leader as I tend to play looser.
Luckily I'm learning to master this and make my game more consistent.

Izzeee

Izzeee

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
No ot at all. A chips leader that stays in that positon, or at least top 10 is just a good poker player.. They likely wait for their spots and know how to properly use aggression.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
Poker is my hobby that gives me pleasure. I play for fun, I try to be patient and thus defeat my opponents. I don't consider myself a gambler, and in general, I'm more inclined to see poker as a sport.
Good luck.

Piligrin66

Piligrin66

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is always bad to be the chip leader in the beginning, since these players, as a rule, end up outside the prize table zone at the end of the tournaments, this has been noticed more than once, it is better to be the leader at the end of the tournament, then the chance of luck is higher.

slicheri93

slicheri93

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it depends if it's a KO tournament chipleaders will 99% of the time play a gamble for the bounties thats why you play them right? to get a lot of bountys otherwise you would just play a normal mtt right?

But everyone takes a gamble here and there especially in KO'S more so then normal MTT games

Swat1197

Swat1197

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Chips advantage is very important specially in late MTT as you can put more pressure on your opponents with a wider range and even facing allins against 10 or less bb won't put your tournament life in danger specially against tight players when you know you jave 2 live cards at least... But running good helps too...
If 2 live cards))

AlexStar1981

AlexStar1981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have had situations when I was the chip leader, and literally in the next three hands I was knocked out of the game. And it's not because I was playing with garbage. Just no luck.

BillyR23

BillyR23

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Being aggressive is very important in mtts and that's why many 'mtt experts' advise us to play more hands early in the tournament to try and build a big stack so we can manage mid and late stages better... Obviously, if you can be chip leader is even better as you can 'bully' everyone at your table- most of the times chips makes more chips...

Also, don't let people affect your game because they throw things or write something in chat, stay focused and try to play every hand the best you can and hopefully have good results/ experience at the tables :)

T

TonyTadzh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Chip leader is only very lucky guys

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is unlikely that with the hands of JT and QJ you will be at the top :) :) :)

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Painstaking work and work on the game is the fruit of victories.

N

Negan92222

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Patience, wait til you have a winning hand and allow them to play themselves into trouble.

Igor G

Igor G

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If I win, I owe it only to my own skills and experience. I'm not used to relying on luck, although sometimes it's luck that decides our outcome. However, for me, poker is more of a sport than a gamble, and I try to just play the right game.

Related Gambling Guides: AU Gambling - CA Gambling - UK Gambling - NZ Gambling - Online Gambling Poker Chips - History of Chips