chess strategies in poker

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is a game of imperfect information. Staying balanced and good adjustments to population/opponent tendencies is very important.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Yes, having a high level of luck will be enough, but seriously the strategy is simple there is a card play no discard

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
For me, coincidences of chess with poker.
Concentration, discipline, patience, intelligence, mistakes, they are very thoughtful games, adapt to your opponent, strategy, I think not much more, I forgot something there.
As for differences, in chess there is no luck, the only luck you could have is that if you play with Magnus Carlsen yes or yes on a certain day and the game is not postponed, he wakes up with a 40° fever and you win . Then there is no other luck.
On the other hand, in poker the luck factor is always important.
In poker you can make a bad play, which due to the luck factor can be transformed into a great play. This in chess does not happen.
In chess you can plan an important series of future moves. In poker you can't do it, unless you are close to a bubble and plan how to play to get into an ITM.
In chess a bad move can cost you the game. In poker a bad move can cost you to drop positions in an MTT and move on.
In chess your opponent moves a knight and you already know what his intentions are. In poker an opponent 4bets you and you really have to assume that he has intentions, but you'll never know if it's a serious bet or a bluff unless you call.
Poker is a game of risks, if you have a strong hand and you go all in you really don't know if you are going to win the hand even if you have AA in hand. On the other hand, in chess I can make you suppose that I take the risk of letting myself eat a queen, but that risk is not such because almost always that move ends in a very possible checkmate move that you are sure will be.
In poker you can guess your opponent's moves, but in chess you really know that the opponent has a series of safe moves to make and so you must act accordingly beforehand.
And well surely there will be many more differences.
I do know that both chess and poker are all difficult games to play at a good level.
And the other similarity is that they are both beautiful and wonderful games.
Greetings friend, very good post:):):):giggle::giggle::giggle:

Duxflux

Duxflux

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are many strategies in chess that allow you to get a good result. Is there any strategy that could be applied adequately in poker?
First of all, it should be kept in mind that both are located in the same strategy spectrum, but quite far from each other. Chess is predictable and theoretically almost without luck factor, while poker involves much more luck components.
Therefore, in my opinion, only the intersection of the two games could be used to negotiate a stragety.
For example, in chess you ideally have to anticipate moves. In poker this is also an advantage, but it becomes dependent on the luck factor. Therefore, you need to analyze your opponent much more than you need to anticipate moves. In chess, on the other hand, analyzing your opponent is much less useful than in poker.
But that's just my opinion and doesn't have to be true :) Correct me if I have a wrong way of understanding.

Lipki3

Lipki3

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
of course, strategy is present in both chess and poker, but it is difficult to compare these games

nerobs9

nerobs9

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Hello.
Unfortunately, I don't play chess and it's hard for me to answer this question. But if you have ideas on how to adapt at least one strategy that will start to bring you profit at a distance - I think it will be great)

P

Peteski84

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Both games dont really compare. They are both great but have vast differences between them.
For instance in one you can always see your opponents hand, while in the other you cant until specific points in each round.
They both require great tactics, some degree of intelligence and a level of skill.

P

pokerD

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
Chess is another game, perhaps patience is what can be used in chess.

gravii2011

gravii2011

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Poker also has strategies, but they don't help in all tournaments, poker also requires luck.

O

OLexZTS

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cannot be used in relation to poker. Incorrectly asked question.