GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
hello

Both are games of skill and strategy, if there are similarities, for example in chess, a bad or good move determines the game, perhaps the same thing happens in poker, it depends on the decision you make determines the victory or defeat.

L

Luqitazzz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a strategy in Poker and in the long run it pays off, so I keep sticking to that strategy that I only use in MTT tournaments and apply them to all hands, it also depends on the situation at the time of the tournament, but I have one if .

S

seraxel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The life strategy of study, practice, following a coach, keeping a healthy lifestyle, and always getting better will work for both games!

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker and chess are nothing alike.
For example in poker, a bad player can win a tournament. but in chess a bad player is never going to win anything.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
They compare chess with poker but they're different, i.e. despite both games demands strategies and skills, there's no luck factor in Chess, only the firsts. We could say the only common factor you have in Poker and Chess is patience (I'd say different types of patience):rolleyes:.

Last edited:

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the most important thing that can come to poker from chess is the calculation of possible options, otherwise they are not very similar to each other.

Z

zerosalex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In chess you want to think ahead. In poker you can do things early on the table to set an image that can pay you off in the future.

poxerator78

poxerator78

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Patience and discipline is my strategy, but it is very difficult to maintain,,,I am still learning how to play poker in a new/professional way/// so I have room to grow// read books to study the world of poker

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I use a very simple but effective strategy. I just don't play with junk and I'm always patiently waiting for strong cards. My strategy is simple but effective.

Skot_Gy

Skot_Gy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
While both need discipline and patience, chess lacks the Luck factor, which can have a huge impact ocasionally.

R

ronn6583

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In poker and chess, the common thing is knowledge and skills, and the main thing is the ability to work on oneself.
In chess, there is also a luck factor. For example, in the USSR championship, grandmaster Kupreichik did not see an elementary move that wins the game (Harry Kimovich was his lucky opponent). (Kasparov - Kupreichik Minsk, 1979)

sincos

sincos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In terms of strategy, it is difficult to find a connection between chess and poker... But in poker, it is important to study 1-2 strategies in depth and learn how to apply them...

SopianaeExtra

SopianaeExtra

between my 2 ears
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
In Chess, one bad move can (and will) cost you the game. In Poker you can at least minimize the damage done with one of your bad decisions, e.g. when you underestimated your opponent's hand or when you fell for his bluff. And more often than not, luck is able to equalize many dire situations in a later stage of the game.
Chess is more brutal and unforgiving than Poker will ever be (by its design); it's not really practical to draw comparisons between those two.

R

Redman1902

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is a game of incomplete information, while chess is a game of perfect information. This alone makes the strategic approaches different. It is this difference that makes it so valuable in poker to have a position on your opponent.

L

LOOPY

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is the element of luck in poker besides decision making. In chess, not much luck, unless the opponent has a brain fart.

D

Daen27

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would like to learn chess. Sometimes I watch Carlsen's game, I don't understand anything, but I'm interested.

willjosp

willjosp

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
correct, maybe you should apply chess strategies to poker in chess there is a saying that the threat is stronger than the execution here you can go with all and if the player has nothing he does not pay and you can bluff

ChubbySin

ChubbySin

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are many strategies in chess that allow you to get a good result. Is there any strategy that could be applied adequately in poker?

I'm a bad chess players :eek:, however Playing Poker, mainly Ring Games, my bankroll is often positive:cool:!

In my +15 yrs´s Poker experience and paraphrasing FRANK R. WALLACE I would dare to say:

"The ability to play good poker does not correlate with intelligence or the ability to play games such as bridge or chess. And, ironically, poker is a game of neither skill nor luck, but rather, is a game of discipline, aggression, and effort."

Stay cold and stack cash.