Chess and Poker

offshore11000

offshore11000

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think both are two difficult games, but they can complement each other when studying poker.:);)

H

Haikala2011

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To succeed at poker you need a certain amount of luck. Chess has absolutely nothing to do with luck.

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Poker is easier, if you play HU against a professional you can beat him; but if we were to play against a chess professional it is very difficult to beat him, that is why I think that chess is more difficult

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Recently,there has been a tendency for chess players to migrate toward poker.Even world-class TOPs turned their attention to the world of new opportunities:-Magnus Carlsen and Hikaru Nakamura.

Skot_Gy

Skot_Gy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I used to play chess at a beginner/ low intermediate level.
In poker you basicly need patience, distributive attention and a lot of discipline.
Nevertheless, in poker you use psychology too, creating unfair advantages (bluff), and also benefitting from luck. These are not available in chess.
In my oppinion chess is harder if we refer strictly to the level of brains involved, but poker is more complex, it spans across more domains (brains, psychology, character, luck, ...)

lukovnikofff

lukovnikofff

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I am playing poker for some years, but I'm a chess lover even much longer time.
These are so different games, one with complete information available, other with partial info.
Which one is easier (for me it's chess)?
Does playing one helps playing other?
How many of you love chess?
Another thoughts?
I don't know how to play chess and I've never had any interest in playing it, but lately I've started to want to learn how to play it! I think that poker and chess are a bit similar and maybe experience in one can help in the other, but I don't know! There will be more time I will try to learn how to play them! Good luck at the tables!

oleg8519

oleg8519

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
by the way, I play chess with a computer and I don't think it's easier than poker

thedarkman

thedarkman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I was a FIDE-rated chess player. A lot of chess players think they can move to poker with the same success. They can't. With chess, the best player or certainly the best play almost always wins. Not so with poker.

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I don't know how to play chess, so only poker.

spunka

spunka

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love playing chess, never gets sucked out or Badbeating ;)

neptunas888

neptunas888

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
To be honest, I can't play chess and I had problems with math in school, but that doesn't stop me from playing poker and counting outs using the formula:cool:

P

pokerD

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
I also like chess, unfortunately I can only play rarely. I like poker easier

P

plusia

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Poker is easy to play..Chess is difficult and needs more brain than luck :giggle:

A

arshuns

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Both of these games require intelligence. But poker also needs other features. Poker is more intense. And that's what he's good at. It is possible to get a lot of emotions in a short period of time.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
played chess for many years the game is interesting I play poker I enjoy the game more and think poker is more difficult as a game than chess my opinion so I chose poker for the future

staytrue001

staytrue001

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Poker more emotional than chess