Rumengh

Rumengh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Chess develops logic, analysis, planning, memory, concentration and attention. All these skills enable you to become a good poker player
Here is a man who thinks like me is glad that so:) . This is a great forum and I am glad that there are different opinions as interesting

andsws

andsws

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
RO
Chips
Both are excellent games to develop your mind, only that poker is currently more popular than chess because you can earn a lot of money.

Personally, I think that someone who plays poker and also plays chess has an advantage over who does not play both.

So Im lucky :))

SAKhur

SAKhur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In these games, each action is directly subject to the laws of logic. Each move is justified and carries meaning. Unlike chess, poker is a game with incomplete information. That is, players do not know what card is in the hands of opponents. They can only assume it with a certain degree of probability. As a young man, I became interested in poker and it had a greater impact on me.:D

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that chess gives better learning logic but poker gives much more money, so many chess players play poker because here is the ocean of money.

Igorek1313

Igorek1313

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
nothing in common ... there are many variants of the game development in chess. in poker, they simply cannot calculate too many factors that can affect the game that are not predictable. poker is life. chess memory.:cool:

mitroff

mitroff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For fun, write when playing chess was last not online, but in the old fashioned way on the board.:cool: I played about two years ago, now there are no opponents for the game and the board is gathering dust in the garage.:(

thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Poker or Chess?

Good afternoon everyone.
I really like to play chess, study openings and variants, I play chess every day, on the sites:
lichess
chess.com
chesstempo
The chesstempo, in my opinion is the best site to review matches of the best chess players in the world.
And on YouTube, Reydama channel, there are videos of the main matches, the championships and chess tournaments.
I love playing poker, in my opinion the main difference is that poker is much more exciting than chess, and the more exciting a sport is, the more popular it is, because of this there are many more poker players.
Regarding the complexity of the game, I believe they are the same.
Being in chess, player Magnus Carlsen is the best in the world.
Carlsen became the new world chess champion in 2013, beat Anand.
Magnus Carlsen retained the title of absolute world chess champion by defeating Indian Viswanathan Anand in 2014.
Magnus Carlsen once again held the title of absolute world chess champion by defeating Russian Sergey Karjakin in 2016.
Carlsen faced American Fabiano Caruana at the 2018 World Chess Championship in London, and retained the title.
In poker it is difficult to say who is number one.
Poker has a large number of excellent players:

André Akkari
Daniel Negreanu
Phil Ivey
Scott Seiver
Erik Seidel
Phil Hellmuth
Tom Dwan

And there are many other players.
In online poker, in my opinion the best player is "girafeganger7"
If you agree or disagree, please leave your comment.

jadaminato

jadaminato

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As to almost all who come to comment on this thread, I like both. I think they have obvious differences, in chess there is no "psychological game" with your opponent. Well, in a way, yes, but it's not the most important thing and you definitely can not fool your opponent like in poker. But both require patience, observation and analytical thinking.

barbados

barbados

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Chess develops logic and memory. Poker develops intuition and strategic skills. Both poker and chess allow you to have a great time.

James_Harrison

James_Harrison

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Although, i dont really have much of a background in chess, (i have been playing poker for 20 years). Chess is what allowed me to predict that online poker was rigged.

It was the chess playing robots that got me thinking. Sure enough a couple years later massive bot discoveries were made thanks to YouTube pros really looking deep into this.Chess robots, now poker robots designed to be unbeatable and taking millions out of the game in a short period of time.

REMEMBER just because they are now telling you its rigged, just because they tell you that they remove hundreds of bots a month, dont support them ! dont support the cheaters and criminals ! the fat goblins of the world that are running this forum even ! Their life is ruined, dont let them ruin yours.

Last edited:
Dejange

Dejange

CC Delija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Good afternoon everyone.
I really like to play chess, study openings and variants, I play chess every day, on the sites:
lichess
chess.com
chesstempo
The chesstempo, in my opinion is the best site to review matches of the best chess players in the world.
And on YouTube, Reydama channel, there are videos of the main matches, the championships and chess tournaments.
I love playing poker, in my opinion the main difference is that poker is much more exciting than chess, and the more exciting a sport is, the more popular it is, because of this there are many more poker players.
Regarding the complexity of the game, I believe they are the same.
Being in chess, player Magnus Carlsen is the best in the world.
Carlsen became the new world chess champion in 2013, beat Anand.
Magnus Carlsen retained the title of absolute world chess champion by defeating Indian Viswanathan Anand in 2014.
Magnus Carlsen once again held the title of absolute world chess champion by defeating Russian Sergey Karjakin in 2016.
Carlsen faced American Fabiano Caruana at the 2018 World Chess Championship in London, and retained the title.
In poker it is difficult to say who is number one.
Poker has a large number of excellent players:

André Akkari
Daniel Negreanu
Phil Ivey
Scott Seiver
Erik Seidel
Phil Hellmuth
Tom Dwan

And there are many other players.
In online poker, in my opinion the best player is "girafeganger7"
If you agree or disagree, please leave your comment.

Veselin Topalov is a Chess World Champion and won a significant amount in poker game, but I am not able to quote it here :p