Can't be the Only One

L

Ltech

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never underestimate your opponent.

Maybe he's good, I do not know. Because that person goes all-in to earn a few chips, it means that he may not have made the most of what a premium hand is worth. In my opinion, at this stage of the tournament I would only pay with group A of poker cards, like AA, KK, AKs.

belizebum

belizebum

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
Lol at some of these replies. I wonder if any of you play anything but freerolls.

Lots of times you’re in a position where you have a hand. Not a monster but a real solid pre flop holding.

And you don’t want to risk some idiot drawing out with garbage, so you jam. No problem. Fold. Fold. Fold all round.

That is, unless you’re playing in a donkey roll. Lots of those games here at CC. I’ve played in a few of the 888 ones.

I started playing poker online a long time ago. And one of the first forums I joined was a clown show called Suited Pockets. That forum was absolutely polluted with the dumbest things I’ve ever read regarding poker. And one of the mantras that was repeated on a daily basis was how you should never ever lose with Aces. Ever. Like it was a guaranteed winner.

Not saying this place is like that. But. This is 15 years later. Poker has changed a lot since then. Adapt or get left behind.

And occasionally that means getting a walk with Aces and getting 100 chips for your 1500 chip bet. It’s not an indication of your skill level or mind set

Yes its quite different from someone jamming not to get taking out by garbage, but I think we are talking about the ones who go all in, all in, all in with junk to win 100 chips.

XYZ2123

XYZ2123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Depends on the situation. How many BB's is 1500 chips? In freerolls or micro stake MTTs sometimes shoving is the only way to avoid getting multiple callers since no one respects a raise and people call with just about anything.

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It always depends on the situation that you're playing, what's your stance the purpose of exhibiting how this situation happened and just need to laugh otherwise life loses meaning)

oneybiggs

oneybiggs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
they are grabbing that 100 chips before it becomes someone elses,good play sometimes lol.

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Surely they have a weak hand and try to scare their stack :)