Can't be the Only One

Cody5991

Cody5991

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't be the only one who laughs at people who go all in with about 1500 chips or more to win like 100 chips...Anybody else laugh at this way of thinking?

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They know nothing.. implied pot odds, expectations..

If you know anything about pot odds, implied odds, you'd never make the low-reward-big-risk upside down bet, unless you're donating, building the pot because you know its your last hand of the day; win or lose.

Expectations-wise, if you play CChat tourneys, with grinders, when you shove, the ones not holding superior cards, will all fold; you scare off the big pot, instead of building it.

Q

Queev14

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hate these all in guys, but u can use it and waite for good cards and beat them :)

Spaceman

Spaceman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I laugh too, waiting for a monster hand to call them. And when that happens, I laugh very hard
Until river comes and they laugh even harder:D

R

rwade626

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
More annoying than the all in with nothing for small pots, is when you finally get a hand to call them with, and get beat by raggedy garbage!

S

Streetwylde

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Such is the Donkinfested FreeRoll tourneys and Low stakes poker. It will never change.

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can't be the only one who laughs at people who go all in with about 1500 chips or more to win like 100 chips...Anybody else laugh at this way of thinking?
hi hi
yes i agree but not really laugh cause that was me not long ago
before learning more about poker my mentality (blonde lol) was to win POTS... winning a pot was a victory regardless of the chips
so yes i could pull stunts like that, congratulate myself when i won the tiny pots
and when a stronger hand looked me up ... i was busted and out of the MTT

Bozovicdj

Bozovicdj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

My best guess is that you experienced this in the CC freeroll tournaments.

Take into consideration that everyone starts with 75BBs, and in less then 30 mins you will be having 50/100 lvl so your stack really thins out.

That being said, these freerolls are much more like some turbo tournaments out there, so shoving early isn't that bad. Especially if the shover knows his opponents and thinks it is likely he will get one call from worse hands.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I think some of them don't have confidence in their post-flop play.

Instead of calculating a bet that their opponent will call - they just shove avoiding the issue altogether.

Pick your spot and pick them off!

Good luck !

I

insaneiam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I laugh at those that go all in when the pot is only at 100 bucks, makes more sense to bid smaller and build the pot to me. a person is more likely to stay on a smaller bet than they are on an all in bet. would you agree?

V

valanddon

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I don't like anybody who always go all in and play a game of chance.

belizebum

belizebum

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
Been playing online for about 15 years. Took a little break a few years ago. Came back and all of sudden, everybody is going all in all the time. It was never like that years ago. Oh how I loved online back then. Now it seems every donk is at every table. Yep, you just have to hold out and wait for your spot, and hopefully take them out. I get annoyed when they go all in and get called and win over and over again. Seen them with huge chip leads...just depressing. LOL.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I agree with some statements , the easiest play in no limit poker is go all in.The people who open shove 30+bbs or 3bet shove something like 40bbs+ are auto labeled donks by me.I feel that they don't understand the game or they don't know how to play post flop where all the magic is.

Apparently you are talking about a freeroll here , will they play the same way in a real money game?Who knows?

The only time someone should open shove wide and deep is maybe when you are running at the bubble phase or when you facing ICM spots.Of course in order to apply those plays your opponents must understand something about poker!

Best of Luck!

W

wpilson70

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol at some of these replies. I wonder if any of you play anything but freerolls.

Lots of times you’re in a position where you have a hand. Not a monster but a real solid pre flop holding.

And you don’t want to risk some idiot drawing out with garbage, so you jam. No problem. Fold. Fold. Fold all round.

That is, unless you’re playing in a donkey roll. Lots of those games here at CC. I’ve played in a few of the 888 ones.

I started playing poker online a long time ago. And one of the first forums I joined was a clown show called Suited Pockets. That forum was absolutely polluted with the dumbest things I’ve ever read regarding poker. And one of the mantras that was repeated on a daily basis was how you should never ever lose with Aces. Ever. Like it was a guaranteed winner.

Not saying this place is like that. But. This is 15 years later. Poker has changed a lot since then. Adapt or get left behind.

And occasionally that means getting a walk with Aces and getting 100 chips for your 1500 chip bet. It’s not an indication of your skill level or mind set

W

who115

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I see that a lot especially in re-buys. Amazing how many times they get called and still win!!

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do in most cases but if you’ve seen someone at you table call off on jams like that it can be a great way to get all the chips in the middle when you’re ahead with like AA or KK

Havik

Havik

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

It is a bad play in most situations, but you can find situations where it actually works out good.

B

BigRivers

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some times I shove all in because I have to leave for 20 minutes, and I want to either double up or lose rater then blinding out. When playing live, if I am at a tight table I might shove all in with 2/7 and show just to loosen up the action. So there are other reasons to donkey bet then to win a couple chips

Last edited:
TheniT

TheniT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Actually a lot of players do that sort of thing, especially the beginners. I think they are not caring about the tournament, the good side of it all is that you can explore them.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have seen it many times and I have never understood it, I do not know if it makes me laugh but I do not understand why some players decide to risk their entire stack for such a low pot

Erpherk

Erpherk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have laughed to myself a few times and folded, when i have a huge stack and make small raise then the other huge stack at the table jams all in for like 1000 bb and wins almost nothing. and in my mind there is no reason to call unless i have AA KK with no info about the player.

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, maybe they just go all Bank hoping to double me laugh more when people in the initial stages, when the blinds for 15 to 30 sometimes put 300 or 600 it looks so very funny sometimes, like, Hey guys I have AA or KK I have a go with me all in! Funny guys! I like them!

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Everything is clear here, such players do not want to waste their time, which is why they play so aggressively and besides this is freeroll, not today so tomorrow.I like these players,sometimes I play like this:D

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i dont laugh because thats annoying

kowrip

kowrip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

This is a totally silly move. If you make this move against players who have even the most basic poker knowledge, then you are generally only going to get called when you are crushed. So, you'll win a tiny pot 80% of them time and lose your entire stack the other 20%. Even if you have KK/AA, you're still going to make more money in the long run making a smaller bet.