Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
It's all just poker.

What would you have said if Cheong just had Ace King and Candio made the correct call with a pair of fives.

I would've said (err.. 'would say')... um.. he didn't. He wasn't putting his chips in with air (obv). So I don't even see how your comment is relevant.

P

postflopper

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
cheong's a friend of my cousin in the states, i've hung out with him when i was over there a year back. laidback, cool guy, doesnt talk much but easygoing and a honest guy.

never expected him to be such a powerhouse on the felt though. reminds me of john juanda.

COME ON CHEONG!

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What would you have said if Cheong just had Ace King and Candio made the correct call with a pair of fives. (and then Cheong sucks out catching an Ace or King).

what would you have said if cheong had two cards that had pictures of elephants riding tricycles?

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemist
What would you have said if Cheong just had Ace King and Candio made the correct call with a pair of fives. (and then Cheong sucks out catching an Ace or King).

what would you have said if cheong had two cards that had pictures of elephants riding tricycles?

ha ha ha... love it!!!

illphillllllll

illphillllllll

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the "what if" is irrelevant. he had a pair of 5's and thought he was ahead, i think he is a capable player that guessed wrong and got lucky. i respect players who are capable of making moves they feel are correct, it wasn't some donk off imo, some who viewed it just might not understand his level of thinking or what he perceived as his opponents holdings. i was rooting for cheong to win it all but can't hate on another player for getting lucky against him. i see why people are offended by his celebrations also, i didn't view them as unsportsmanlike, just a man who went from the brink of elimination then became chipleader in the biggest tourny of his life. couldn't imagine the emotional swing of a situation that big.

tami jo darling

tami jo darling

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I loved it!!! I really think....He was going on his gut..He was praying after he saw the aces ...so he felt it preflop imo ..I'm new..but I tend to think every1 esp. big stacks are bluffing...and if I feel like I'm being bulied I can't say I would fold/.....lol Exciting hand! Thnx for sharing!!! xoxo

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
..I'm new..but I tend to think every1 esp. big stacks are bluffing...and if I feel like I'm being bulied I can't say I would fold

Quote from Jennifear's article > "The Mistakes LowBuyin SNG players are making the most" {'Jennifear is a well-known poker coach, specializing in lowbuyin SNGs & and an author of many great articles}

" - Not believing opponents might have a hand.

Many players are calling big bets with marginal hands, failing to realize the bettor may very well have a hand. Some players instantly put their opponent on a given hand and keep that thought in their head without an open mind that their initial read could be wrong. They see an opponent bluff once or twice, and then think they have nothing and are just trying to steal the pot. Be sure that you have a solid read before you make a marginal call."

... sorry... just seemed suitable

sbcv202

sbcv202

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
So ESPN's broadcast of the 2010 WSOP Main Event has been pretty humdrum to this point. Not really too many interesting hands this year. Then this happens with less than 3 tables remaining:

YouTube - Filipo Candio gets lucky on World Series Of Poker 2010
When you come back from behind in that big money situtation how can you not show emotion? I have watched loud drunk people cheer louder on the craps table over a 10 dollar bet! I felt worse for Matt up against JJ

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Um, you don't put your opponent on a hand, you put them on a range of hands. It very well may be that Cheong has a lot of air in his range but even his air has at least 25% vs. a pair of 5s, no kicker. The problem in Candio's case in this particular hand is that since overpairs are a huge part of Cheong's range, he is essentially drawing to a 2-outer or miracle (like what happened) since the board is already paired.

PoKeRFoRNiA

PoKeRFoRNiA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Honestly, at beginning, I thought Candio was just horrible. But now, I realize that I was ignorant. Cheong is hella aggressive. I ended up watching Main Event final table again. Cheong 3-bets with shit load of rags and 6-betted all-in with Ace-rag during 3-handed using short-stack to his advantage. With a loose-aggro villain like that, I would prolly think my pair of 5s are good in that spot as well. I wish to retract my previous posts.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Honestly, at beginning, I thought Candio was just horrible. But now, I realize that I was ignorant. Cheong is hella aggressive. I ended up watching Main Event final table again. Cheong 3-bets with shit load of rags and 6-betted all-in with Ace-rag during 3-handed using short-stack to his advantage. With a loose-aggro villain like that, I would prolly think my pair of 5s are good in that spot as well. I wish to retract my previous posts.

Keep in mind that the hands they show on the tv broadcast are a very select few (so it's difficult to make many player reads & 'meta game' stuff). I listened to the live broadcast of each & every hand as they played out... was an interesting game for sure. Cheong ruled & for sure Candio made some wild plays imo.

WSOP Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands