Building a bankroll

Noroma

Noroma

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I deposited $350 dollars after a long hiatus 70 days ago which is now sitting at $2100, but I would say 6 years of playing on and off has gone into this.

And to make the data more concrete:
It took me 100k hands for me to build the bankroll from 350 -> 2100.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It all depends on how you play and where you play. I try to withdraw what I have earned and do not save up.

S

SheldonMS

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, I believe bankroll is always under construction. As we beat buyins and move up the ABI we have to move up the bankroll.

M

Mercury7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The problem with this question is what does it meant to build it up. A $100.00 bankroll is fine to play $1.00 tournaments

I will take it as a building up to go to next levels. Its more about the volume of play to be honest than a time frame. I have played a 100 tournaments in a month and gone 45 days and not played a 1. It will also vary on the size of the tournaments you play. If your playing a tournament with say 2K players and win you could end up 3 or 4X ing your bank roll in one day.
As for me it vary on time frames. Some sites I have doubled by bankroll in months where others took over a years+.

Each poker player needs a different bankroll: for some, 50-75 buy-ins are enough, for others 100, for others more. Therefore, I did not clarify, I thought people would understand it anyway))
Thank you for participating in the topic.:):)

M

Mercury7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Going on 10 months and I'm almost where I want it to be

It must be a great feeling when you reach your goal, right? For me, all pleasure is not the result (although, of course, it is important!), but in the very process of achieving the goal.
Good luck!:icon_thum:icon_thum

F

firerain

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have built a small bankroll (few hundred dollars) on two poker sites playing only freerolls than small BI MTT for a couple of years. I would have slightly better concentrated on one site. I was over 10x my initial deposit on the third site in about year.

Are you willing to redeposit if you take larger shots with the current bankroll. (Example Having 10 to 15 BIs at certain cash game level)

The question is what do you consider comfortable BR to the OP?

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I created a bankroll on pokerstars of $ 200 in about 3-4 months. And this is thanks to our daily and weekly freerolls. For me, this is a great result.

Sivraj

Sivraj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It must be a great feeling when you reach your goal, right? For me, all pleasure is not the result (although, of course, it is important!), but in the very process of achieving the goal.
Good luck!:icon_thum:icon_thum

Yes sir patience is virtue

IXIX

IXIX

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
21 years later …

I’m still trying to build it 😂

M

Mercury7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes sir patience is virtue

Yes exactly. Not sir, :DI'm a girl.
Today I played for 6 hours, took 2nd place in 2 tournaments out of 4...
Tired but contented.
Yes, patience is our everything. :stupido:

M

Mercury7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Guys, thanks for sharing your stories. :):)
It was very interesting to read different stories and different opinions.
Good luck to everyone in achieving your goals!;);)

Uncloggie

Uncloggie

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
2 cents is all it takes to start a bank roll, lol, a few hours on 888 freerolls?

slicheri93

slicheri93

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
usually i take a portion out from my bankroll and rebuild it again
but it took a few trys cause sometimes you hit a losing streak and you have to get over that inorder to build a bankroll, but now it's going steady everytime i hit an amount i take out 30% or 40% and rebuild it up again it works for me now

Sivraj

Sivraj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes exactly. Not sir, :DI'm a girl.
Today I played for 6 hours, took 2nd place in 2 tournaments out of 4...
Tired but contented.
Yes, patience is our everything. :stupido:

Sorry about that ma'am lol good luck to you and make as much money as possible at the tables you can do it!

INISHTE

INISHTE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
Hi Friend.

After trying various game modes, after losing a lot of money, if I remember correctly it is 5 months, I am a little short of having a positive balance, but I have already built a decent bankroll that it is very difficult for me to go bankrupt.

INISHTE

INISHTE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
Hi Friend

That would depend on your goal.
Someone who is happy in their freeroll comfort zone ..... is on their own easily. Someone who plays bankrupt will never be satisfied.
In between there is a happy middle ground in my opinion.
Exactly, that's what I base myself on, for the betting area that I do, I am very comfortable with my 50 dollars, but obviously I am in the process of continuing to increase to bet at stronger tables.

T

TonyTadzh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have no bankroll, i play only freerolls and if i win some cents, soon i lose it t

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
How long did it take you to build your bankroll?

I use 200 B, when I focus on playing by challenge, about 20 days and I'm at the gold level, dealing with PS.

I'm talking about $300, above that, I withdraw.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It all depends on the availability of time to play and work on the game, patience, efficiency, perseverance. Roughly speaking, at least half a year.

lukovnikofff

lukovnikofff

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
How long did it take you to build your bankroll?
Everyone has a different bankroll and everyone has a different skill and level of play, so everyone spends different time building their bankroll! It took me more than six months to create my bankroll, but I created it with $ 0 and played only freerolls that everyone plays, then I found out about this wonderful forum and its wonderful freerolls, started reading other people's experiences and sharing my own, after which I got access to private freerolls where you can play good poker and earn money for your bankroll! But my goal was not to win a lot of money, my goal is to learn how to play good poker and play it with good opponents! I want to wish you that you quickly build your bankroll and win a lot of money! Good luck at the tables!

D

Dolllores

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
MTTS

I started with freerolls and built my bankroll up to about 1,000 within 3 months, using the proceeds from the freerolls and entering small MTTS

Z

Zirkzee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you only want to build your bankroll with freerolls then of course it will take time. But if you are patient it is possible to build a decent bankroll and then start playing in the low limits. Bankroll management for the Big Stack Strategy looks like this: You always join a table with a full stack (100 big blinds). 100 big blinds equal one buy-in. Once you have 25 buy-ins for the next highest limit, you can move up to that limit. If you only have 25 buy-ins for the next lowest limit, you must move down to that limit.

mateuszjason

mateuszjason

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
I love to play satelites to big tournys with big prize pool.

If i can get a ticket for it, first step is behind me. Next step is be in money :) For me its quite easy be in money and then is a massive boost to my bankrol.

If im lucky in short time i can make a good bankrool :) then i try play micro tourneys mtt and hit as much as possible final tables and won tourneys ofc

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management