bubble

B

bigjimreeves

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
dont you really hate to end up just one spot from the money? sometimes it really feels bad to end up like that as lately seems like its been happening to me a lot. it is like you wasted al that time and made good calls and plays just to end up a loser like last place was. at least feels like it to me

Nickmond

Nickmond

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Been there...It actually gets to the point where you'll be a spot or two out of the money and all of the sudden you see AA or KK, and you get this feeling of dread cause you feel like you have to play, but you know one way or another it'll probably be your last hand...It can really mess with your head and your game.

P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course a lot of people cannot get to the bubble at all, me I would rather bubble now and again(I mainly play sngs) and know I am getting a good chance to cash or even win. The opposite is that you go out early which people may say at least your not wasting your time but I disagree, every hand you play shapes the way you play the game so more experience is good right?.

Over time if this keeps happening think on your bubble play, are you being too tight and pushing when everyone has the right odds to call? Are you adjusting your all in range or waiting for monster hands?. Bubble play is something I am just coming to understand and I am just learning a little on ICM and I am coming to realise this is how some players win tourniments. Reading Gus Hansens "Every Hand Revealed" its amazing how much value he gained from the bubble and if you watch the table at bubble time usally there is a player raising every other hand and stealing blinds. I want to start being that player!!

TheUndertaker

TheUndertaker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never got knocked out on the bubble but I could imagine how that would suck.when I'm on the bubble I just try and wait it out until the bubble is burst,when I'm on the short stack I will be sitting on the edge of my seat.