BR
Chips
We could define poker as a game of:

Ability:
Mental:
Strategy:
Luck:

Or any other item of your choice.

How many percentages would you put in each attribute?

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Cash poker is often considered a more unpredictable and strategically challenging form of poker, as you have to adapt to different playing styles of your opponents and make decisions with immediate financial consequences.For your chosen strategy to work, it is important to adapt it and approach poker wisely.

Academico

Academico

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Poker is a game that involves both skill and luck, and the proportion of each varies depending on the specific poker variant and playing circumstances. In general, poker can be considered a game of skill and strategy, but with a significant component of luck.

Poker attributes:

1. Skill: Skill is a fundamental component in poker. Players must know the rules, odds, betting strategies, reading opponents, and many other skills to be successful. The ability manifests itself in making intelligent decisions based on the available information.

2. Mental: Poker is a mental game in the sense that players must stay calm, make rational decisions and control their emotions. Emotional management is crucial to avoid making impulsive decisions.

3. Strategy: Strategy plays a fundamental role in poker. Players must adapt their playing style to the circumstances and opponents. This includes betting strategy, hand selection, chip management and many other strategic decisions.

4. Luck: Luck is also an important factor in poker, as the cards that are dealt can influence the outcome of a hand or tournament. Luck may affect you in the short term, but in the long term, skill and strategy tend to prevail.

The proportion of these attributes can vary depending on the poker variant and circumstances. For example, in Texas Hold'em poker, where players are dealt two hole cards and five community cards are revealed, luck can have a greater impact in the short term due to the uncertainty of the community cards. However, over the course of a tournament or long game, skill and strategy become more dominant factors.

The proportion of these attributes is subjective and can vary from player to player. Some might argue that skill is 60-70% of the equation, while others might see it as 80-90%. Luck, on the other hand, could vary from 10% to 40% in people's perception. Ultimately, poker is a unique combination of skill, strategy and luck that makes it an exciting and challenging game.

Mauricio Perrotta

Mauricio Perrotta

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Poker is basically all those points you mention, but the most important one is having money to be able to pay for tickets to all the tournaments you want. salutes

yogo9

yogo9

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
i put;
35% Ability
25% Mental
25% Strategy
15%Luck
and 100% Patience

markdias

markdias

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I completely agree that it's 100% patience, 70% skill and 30% luck...

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Poker is basically 3of the 4 in my opinion. Many will look at luck as a defining factor and it is a factor but not as big in the long-term play of the game. Many decry their luck when the 82% hand gets beat but it is supposed to lose 1 time in just under 6 times. We need to remember we both get lucky and unlucky at times but long term it works out.
Ability 32%
Mental: 33%v
Strategy: 33%
Luck: 2%

jose_saleh

jose_saleh

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
It is a strategy game, if you only depend on luck, you'll never reach success.

Falai_san

Falai_san

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
For me, I think that poker is a game of intelligence, but it depends on luck.
The important thing is to play with the right strategies and methods and wait for good luck to be on your side.
Surely the results will be satisfactory.

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course it is, poker is a mixture of skill, strategy and much more, also luck but in less percentages, that's why in the long run it is very profitable.

VVi10

VVi10

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Of course it is a game of strategy. But is more than that, study theory, luck, mental and ability for me is too important, so you need to know gow misture these things to be a great player.

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Of course, poker is a strategic game. I've heard this expression: "Poker is equal to chess." I completely agree with this expression, the main success depends on how the player plays his hand. Of course, other factors also play a role, but basically it all depends on the player. Poker is called a sport because here players compete against each other, and whoever has more experience, skills and better understanding of psychology has a greater chance of becoming a winner. Luck also plays a role, but not the main one.

ShaDoWGuarD

ShaDoWGuarD

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Poker can be considered a strategy game, but like any game, winning is also a matter of chance. To win even one hand, you should naturally be lucky. In terms of luck and skill in poker, I would give 80 percent of luck, respectively, 20 percent of skill.

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
of course is a strategy game ...but in the end is all about your luck :)

IRINA70

IRINA70

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Yes, poker is a strategy game and it is first of all.

GNuTTz

GNuTTz

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think so- absolutely! Poker is a strategy game- especially when you are deep in a tournament.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Yes poker can be considered a strategy game, there are many factors on which the game itself will depend poker patience The most important thing in poker is to control yourself in the long run Luck is no less important in poker Many factors will also depend on luck, especially in big hands

CNXRegie

CNXRegie

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PH
Chips
We could define poker as a game of:

Ability:
Mental:
Strategy:
Luck:

Or any other item of your choice.

How many percentages would you put in each attribute?
Poker is like mixing different ingredients in a recipe. Imagine it's made up of:
  1. Ability: 30%
  2. Mental: 25%
  3. Strategy: 35%
  4. Luck: 10%
These amounts can change in each game, but usually, being good and smart at poker is more important than just being lucky. 🃏💡🤔🍀

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Well, four characteristics were proposed: Skill, Mental, Strategy and Luck. I think a fifth characteristic was missing: Self-control. Because it won't always be about skill, strategy, mentality or luck. If one of these four is missing, you must compensate with the other three. But Self-control is necessarily essential at all times.

D

dompoker

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion poker is more about luck, no matter how well you play.

Leandro6803

Leandro6803

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
skill = 25%
strategy = 35%
mental = 35%
luck = 5%

in my opinion this would be ideal for an amateur micro and low player

F

Fushicho

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
skill = 40%
strategy = 15%
mental = 35%
luck = 10%

J

Jedrey

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Yes, poker is a game of strategy, skill, excitement, luck, and lots and lots and lots of patience. Plus it's also fun and makes you angry too.

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yes, if you dont have a plan, you already lost.