BOOKS

thelynx

thelynx

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi ,
I would like to read/get some advice regarding good poker books.
I am one of those guys that like to improve my poker in different poker games. So advice books about holdem NL/FL, stud/ omaha/ omaha H/L would be apreciate

/Jerry

Stick66

Stick66

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi ,
I would like to read/get some advice regarding good poker books.
I am one of those guys that like to improve my poker in different poker games. So advice books about holdem NL/FL, stud/ omaha/ omaha H/L would be apreciate

/Jerry
There have been many past threads about good poker books. Try the forum "search" function.

[edit by Nick: Searches are only viewable by yourself and expire after a few hours unfortunately, so links to other people won't work]

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
You could also take a look at our poker Guide. In the left column, click on Poker Books, and you'll find some great recommendations.

AlurOne

AlurOne

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i just read caro's book of tells, and i highly reccomend it. it reads well, and i instantly applied concepts from it. i think everyone should read it.

Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Charcoal Mellowed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i just read caro's book of tells, and i highly reccomend it. it reads well, and i instantly applied concepts from it. i think everyone should read it.
Yes. Even if the book is old and the pictures dated, there is a lot of info on tells that can be learned. I've looked at many other books dedicated to tells, etc out there. Most are just regurgitation of common knowledge put out in so many forms and forums. Caro's isn't the only one (and it is older with some recent updates), but it is the best one on tells overall. So read any others you like, but this must be included.

For Hold'em tournaments, Harrington on Holdem volumes 1-3 (read them in that order) are the three top books out there in my opinion. There are other really good books, but I put these three on top.

Also, do use the search function to find more info. Here is just one link that I found searching. There are many others, too. Five to ten minutes of lurk search and you're good to go.

Last edited:
t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
. So advice books about holdem NL/FL, stud/ omaha/ omaha H/L would be apreciate

/Jerry

You might want to pick up Super System 1 and 2 since those books cover all of what you listed.

quazar66

quazar66

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The pokerplayers bible is a good starter book for other games like omaha. But it is just basics.

thelynx

thelynx

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks, i wanna go for harrington. Caro's book about tells, i already read and some nice informatation.

AlurOne

AlurOne

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just started reading harrington's vol. 1 - so far very good!

quazar66

quazar66

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes harringtons books are great. I learned alot from both books. After reading both I think I might change my game from limit to nl. Using the info in vol. 2 I made it to 7th in a tourny last week.

AlurOne

AlurOne

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i finished harrington's v.1, and just bought v.2. looking forward to it, as the first one was very good. . .

thelynx

thelynx

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I read Hellmunth book about fixed limit where he described players as different animals and I tested to play Limit (Holdem) for the first time and after his adviced and it worked very well in low low low limit. Unfortunstely, I do not know the name of the title in English cause they translated it into Swedish. If someone curious, I can find out

F Paulsson

F Paulsson

euro love
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I read Hellmunth book about fixed limit where he described players as different animals and I tested to play Limit (Holdem) for the first time and after his adviced and it worked very well in low low low limit. Unfortunstely, I do not know the name of the title in English cause they translated it into Swedish. If someone curious, I can find out
"Play Poker Like the Pros."

Where in sweden are you from?

V

vansmiff

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Harringtons very good, just remember everyone else has read it as well!

NewSetUp

NewSetUp

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't care what anyone says, DAN HARRINGTONs books are by far the best. His books have improved my tourny play so much that now I win frequently where before I lost constantly. For ring play I'm not sure who to recommend.