Bodog 940pm game

Y

ytown17

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Anyone know why the $1000 guaranteed game daily on bodog at 940pm changed last week into a $500 game? Could bodog really be making that much of a profit by doing that? What a cheap cheap poker site.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I heard that it was done because Calvin Aryee likes to make FRWs cry.

Damn Canadian bastard!

NoWuckingFurries

NoWuckingFurries

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Anyone know why the $1000 guaranteed game daily on bodog at 940pm changed last week into a $500 game? Could bodog really be making that much of a profit by doing that? What a cheap cheap poker site.
As it's a freeroll, rather than making a profit I assume that they will be making a loss. Zero income and $500 paid out makes a loss of roughly $500, according to my calculations scribbled on the back of a matchbook.

Now let's take a look at the freerolls on other sites, what do we see? A twenty euro freeroll, a fifty euro freeroll, a one hundred dollar freeroll, a one hundred and fifty dollar freeroll. What are Bodog giving for their freeroll, wow five hundred dollars! That's awesome! All praise to Bodog for being so generous with their money that they give away for free! :rolleyes:

M

Madness_does

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah it used to be $1500, then it went to $1000 and then they made a $500 freeroll, now its all $500, dont worry real soon it will be down to $100 then not even worth playing, online poker has gone to shit, plain and simple as far as free rolls go, every single site has cut their free rolls or just dumped them all together, one has wonder they are probably losing a lot of money. On the good side of the news, someone in congress is really pushing for the US gov. to regulate online poker, and if that happens, we should see some sweet deals.

Now as it stands there are no more $1000 freerolls, bodog and pokertime were the last, poker stars I dont count cause you have to go through a donk fest to to get to their free rolls. Because of this my online poker time has been cut in half if not more, the hell with giving them anymore money, cause now you have no way to build a bank roll if you lose. And for all of you complaining that they are losing $500 bucks be happy, BS they use that $500 as a tax write off, they make millions upon millions, either people are getting fed up and saying the hell with giving more money due to suck outs and bad beats, or they are getting greedy. Either way private free rolls is the only way to go it seems.

Y

ytown17

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
BD

As it's a freeroll, rather than making a profit I assume that they will be making a loss. Zero income and $500 paid out makes a loss of roughly $500, according to my calculations scribbled on the back of a matchbook.

Now let's take a look at the freerolls on other sites, what do we see? A twenty euro freeroll, a fifty euro freeroll, a one hundred dollar freeroll, a one hundred and fifty dollar freeroll. What are Bodog giving for their freeroll, wow five hundred dollars! That's awesome! All praise to Bodog for being so generous with their money that they give away for free! :rolleyes:

No your math is awful. Instead of giving away 1k, they are giving away 500. Thats $500 extra in their bank account, none in your freeroll winners'....in the calculations on the back of the back of MY matchbook. (Sorry I used to front to miscalculate like you did.)

Back to issue at hand, I was simply asking for a reason, not grief. They only permit 3500 players in the 500, as opposed to 5000 in the 1k. As another poster mentioned, it was a huge draw to the site. Why, from a business or legal perspective, would bodog not want another 1500 players looking for a reason to deposit?

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe it wasn't as big a draw as you think. Something tells me that Bodog's marketing people figured out that offering a $500 FR instead of $1000 would be more cost effective.

Did you stop playing them when they dropped it to $500???

NoWuckingFurries

NoWuckingFurries

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Following the passage of the Unlawful Internet Gambling and Enforcement Act in October 2006 Bodog.com suffered significant financial losses during 2007 and it is estimated that the net worth of founder and CEO Calvin Ayre’ will drop by $500 million in the first year.
According to sportsgamblingreview, anyway.

pitter22

pitter22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
that just seems like a smart move by the company where other freerolls on other websites are in the range of $20-$150.

A

ayasak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just a way to cut cost, i guess.

less $500 a day = keeping ~$15k more per month

A

Adventurebound2

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
No your math is awful. Instead of giving away 1k, they are giving away 500. Thats $500 extra in their bank account, none in your freeroll winners'....in the calculations on the back of the back of MY matchbook. (Sorry I used to front to miscalculate like you did.)

Back to issue at hand, I was simply asking for a reason, not grief. They only permit 3500 players in the 500, as opposed to 5000 in the 1k. As another poster mentioned, it was a huge draw to the site. Why, from a business or legal perspective, would bodog not want another 1500 players looking for a reason to deposit?

According to my matchbook his math was correct. If you give away $500 your bank account has $500 less in it. Now if you give away $1000 your bank account has $1000 less in it. Perhaps you mistook "their bank account" to mean frw's account when it means Bodog's account. btw, with 2 $500 games a day that would come to $365,000 a year loss in freeroll payouts alone. Yet people complain.

It was a lot nicer for players when it was 2,000 players going for $1000 then now but none the less it is still a loss for the company. (don't forget business operating expences it takes to put on the game, things like employees, equipment, utilities, buildings etc.)

Top 10 Games Bodog Poker - Bodog PT - Bodog ES - Bovada