Bluff your opponent, on the trash hand, and then change your mind, your feelings?

A

AllOut

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You don't bluff with garbage hands as I don't even sure how you get there without any connection to the board, probably instincts.. But at least bluffing has own strategy behind it, for example holding blockers in your hand would play big role for worthy bluff. Otherwise, if you put your opponent into something or feel some weakness, you might put pressure on him with absolute nothing, but it won't work 2 out of 3 times against good players.

4e kogo1

4e kogo1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker

yeah, I often bluff and this is one of my main mistakes that I work on, what did I feel when I realized that my aponent had bitten me, oh this feeling of frustration, it is usually followed by a tilt))

O

orlie

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This type of situation has happened several times, bluffing is part of my game, so it happens too much to me.
When someone decides to pay I just hope a miracle happens lol.:goodnight
Hope for a miracle is the best and only thing to do

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
hello

poker is a strategy game there is much speculation if I have done it but it does not cause me remorse to do so is part of the game !!!

M

malibuflo1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You don't have to be remorseful because bluffing is part of the game.

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Cool. I even remembered that I had such an experience a very long time ago, at the dawn of my poker games. A beginner is always easier to read than an experienced player.

M

Mito2

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Bluff

Once you decide to make a bluff, STAY WITH THE BLUFF!

You also need to take emotion out of the hand. Clear and steady kind wins the battle every time over emotion!

filippfilm

filippfilm

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Have you ever had a situation where you decided to bluff your opponent on a garbage hand, hoping that he would throw out the cards, but then changed your mind, and he thought about it. What were your feelings at that moment?

There are such situations. This is normal - it means you feel the thread of the game and you understand a hundred opponents can read you. It means you are progressing. Poker is not a game of emotions at all, it is important to think in it in every hand. And this requires a lot of concentration of the mind. It is not always possible to think in this and the complexity of poker, it takes a habit and desire for this process :jd4::):jd4:

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Really don't getting caught bluffing. Part of the game, have to be able to sell a bluff. When you can't, have to accept it and move on.

Forum games it something that should have a high success rate. Playing public on-line it is not as easy to get someone calling all the time to fold.

lanelane

lanelane

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I only rarely bluff. This is one thing I should improve on and the other is throwing. I’m having a hard time throwing a hand once I’ve gotten into the game with it once. Many times I don’t throw even when the situation is completely out of the question.

Martin Carreira

Martin Carreira

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that the opponent sees that and realizes when we have that doubt and maybe he ends up paying us because it takes us a long time to decide and he noticed that in our game. By playing faster, the villain may think that we have something on the table or a high pair already on our cards pre-flop.

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Have you ever had a situation where you decided to bluff your opponent on a garbage hand, hoping that he would throw out the cards, but then changed your mind, and he thought about it. What were your feelings at that moment?

I don't think there is a poker player who hasn't had this experience, in this case the opponent doesn't trust their cards even if they are strong or vice versa uses the submarine skill , which makes us more excited and greedy. But the opponent doesn't back down and fold his hand and do what needs to be done. It makes us feel disappointed and defeated :(

peaceofcoke

peaceofcoke

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, when I first started to play poker, I decided to bluff before the cards were dealt, and guess what, I sucked!
If you decide to bluff on a whim, than you have no grasp of the game. I am far from claiming to be a connaisseur, but with the little experience I have, I can bequeath to you my experience in three words. READ THE TABLE!

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I bluff against strong players, it is easier to convince them that I have a strong hand.Against weak players I never bluff, they never believe)))So I take all the chips from weak players only with a strong hand, otherwise there is no way)))

TCHUCO2005

TCHUCO2005

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It depends a lot on the tables or tournaments, weak players like me tend to pay more, strong players, expect good hands and try to win as many chips as they can.... time comes for everyone, including in the game

P

poker hp635

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
feelings are such that next time with the best card I will play like on a bluff with garbage and feelings will change dramatically what is worth bluffing to enjoy the game

H

Hsac

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I give up on bluffs all the time especially when they re-raise. I finish them off all the time too, especially against tight aggressive players when they don't come back at me. I never try to bluff a calling station.

spectralwave

spectralwave

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Always bluffing on detected hands of your bad opponents, done your reading will never hurt your range too much, but bluff with some purpose and with some inducement.

ipagan

ipagan

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I did this a few times and my feeling was - "omg that was the most idiot way to loose chips"...I play mircrolimits and freerolls for now and I think it 90% of the time is pointless to bluff. Most times the opp has something and here I go again with the "omg that was the most idiot way to loose chips" + "omg why I did this again"

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands