The Big Game

xliuksasx

xliuksasx

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
LT
Chips
Do you think there is something usefull to learn in The Big Game? Or it's just an entertainment show?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you mean pokerstars TV-Show from 2010-2011, then its to old now to learn any but the most basic strategy. But as I understand it, there is a new series to be aired in 2024, and this will of course show more current strategy. But if its the same format, there will still be adjustments to the loose cannon especially towards the end of each episode.

And in general people tend to play more loose, when a cash game is streamed, since its part poker and part entertainment. So I dont think, they are the best way to learn poker to be honest. You might actually learn some losing strategies, because a lot of players will try to put on a show for the fans. And if they play somewhat "correct" strategies preflop, they might not be invited back again, because they are not creating enough action.

Streamed MTTs are better, because people come to play the tournament, they dont need an invitation to come back and play it again, and they only end up on the stream, if they are placed on the feature table or reach the final table. So here you will see people, who actually try to play well and win, and they will not play any different, because its being streamed. Or at least not in any significant way.

Captainine9

Captainine9

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I believe watching any kind of poker content is a kind of study. But we need to learn from the best, as in this show, knowing that the situation they're playing in is really different from ours.
Btw I believe The Big Game should return lol

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I think you just need to treat this program like an entertainment show, and that's it, if you really want to learn poker, you need to watch professional games and take high limits where the best players play and do actions there you will definitely learn

Top 10 Games