Chips
i'm win 50$ New Player Freeroll , and win 15$

B

bigpick76

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i have won quite a few freerolls on FT i won the u.s. freeroll once ive final tabled it multiple times ive won the 19:40 the 23:40 and the omaha freerolls at least once with a few final tables in each except the omaha the win was my only cash in it the razz ive final tabled one time and the horse never even been close to the money but i usually play the same way very tight very aggressive and hammer your big hands cus theres usually always someone to call barring the bad beat and the good old "cooler" i usually run pretty deep in these but as u get to a point to where someone knows you and knows your style change it up a bit get kind of trappy or sandbaggy with the bigger hands and again you should have some success aside from the bad beats and coolers..............but hey like they say "thats poker"

Z

Zingmaster

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
don't bluff until the final table! try to spot the calling stations.

F

Flushbuster

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually try to double up early because I don't want to sit there for hours unless I have a chance

L

LvilleSlugr

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
win a freeroll... Do you think the only way to win a freeroll is to double up early with a lot of luck ? or there still is a part of skill somewhere? i would like to know if a player as already won 10-15 freerolls or something like that.. but i dont think its possible : D the best way to win freeroll ? PUSH AND PRAY thx

Well, I don't know if I would recommend doing this or not, but, I have seen many people create multiple account on a single site. They then register each of their accounts for a given freeroll. Once the tournament starts, they play almost any hand in hopes of getting lucky. Basically, they play progressively tighter as each account either wins or goes bust. This is why you see so many people playing stupid early in the tournament. They are trying to win big fast or move on to another account. I have never done this but am constantly aware of the fact that it is being done.

wobb803

wobb803

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I first started this little online poker venture, I said I will NEVER invest a penny of my own money....I was playing for play chips at UB for about 6 months then someone told me about selling play chips on ebay so I sold about 15 million play chips for about $25 per million! So that was a sweet start to real money with no investment, then I also heard about freerolls where you can get in for free and win real money.....I played in a lot of these and 1 night at BetUSA I won back to back $500 freerolls with more that 1,000 players in each one, that was just absolutely a miracle...then I started to get in real money but-in tournaments and ring game play and stuff and I recently won a 50K guarantee tournament at bodog for $12,500.00......what a great game......My freeroll game plan, not that I play many of them anymore is to play in these just like you would a $109 buy in tournament, if you are not going to give it your all, don't waste your time......

H

hairpiebush

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
anyone know todays bodog tourney password

MissVien

MissVien

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good job wobb! How long have you been playing?

MrMuckets

MrMuckets

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have a motto,
"Survive til five then come alive"
In other words i play super tight at the beginning and then after level five which is usually the first break I play my usual game. I've cashed in a bunch of freerolls but only outright won two i think.:):)

Theblueduce

Theblueduce

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Although I have never won a free roll thats all I play anymore. I get into the money quite often. I am TAG at times and loose at times. I agree with most commetns here as to be TAG and although luck does play in it, without a good game plan going in, that luck will not get you to the end as often as good solid play.

D

DeNyd

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
play extremely tight in the beginning then play more loosely..hopefully get a nice stack and then u have to be a very loose bully

whitewolf

whitewolf

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I Play solid starting hands early and try not to get into multi player pots to easy to get taken out with junk hands. After 1st break I can loosen up and try to accumulate chips bully with the good hands or big chip stack.I Widen my hand range after the bubble.

P

p0cketAz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i agree... if your going to sit and play poker for 3 plus hours... for 15 bucks you need to gain a healthy chip stack early and make moves you wouldnt ordinarly make in a real money tournament

Exit141RTe1

Exit141RTe1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try patience at first part of the tournement. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I have had big hands splashed by junk. Go figure, but I keep plugging away.

P

paumarhas

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well i haven't won any, but i have ITM'd, numerous times. and the only thing different that the winners would be doing is being more aggressive and pushing harder then me.

and sometimes, (i hate to say this) i think there's a luck factor involved. i know you have to be skilled, but the cards have to come your way also. i've often wondered what seperates the winners from those like me who just itm.

for me i have to work on my patience and hand selection, not to forget using my position more.

i don't think there's any one formula, since your opp's will vary so much in each tourny. and my notes don't seem to help much since very seldom do i see the ones worth marking again. maybe if i keep at it i'll catch up to them. lol well gl on the felt any way :)

donallavery

donallavery

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
hi i love freerolls ive bein robbed a lot of times at the start u get all kinds of all-in's unless u got a big hand fold let the donks knock each other out wait..............patience is a major factor in winning and folding is another no when to fold dont be tempted to call when theres a good chance ur beat ive cashed 10 r 11 freerols but ive made huge mistakes im no expert

E

eric_kk

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
ive only won 1 freeroll at ultimatebet and it was a lame 50 freeroll lol payed 15.00$ for first almost wasn't worth it playing for over 3 and 1/2 hours. i play tight till the first hour my goal is double up.. after the payouts guarantedd i play crazy &^&& and if i can double up 1-2 more times from there i play tight again till the final table.

SHERMSTICK

SHERMSTICK

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
2 Cents

Hello All:

I just want to say that since i've been here at CC i've placed in several freerolls / as well as cash tourney's. I think if you use the method given here by one of our own, you "should" def be in the money:) .

https://www.cardschat.com/poker-strategy.php, again thx CC;) .

SHERMSTICK:cool:

Ice Wolf

Ice Wolf

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No way. Skill will take you the furthest no doubt. It takes a couple of hours to win a freeroll anyway so you might as well be patient and play your cards. Push and pray is for late and on the bubble, and KOing an extremely low stack. Ive only won one but final table appearances are around 15.

Last edited:
P

piper_p

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
it is too hard to win freerolls because its too hard to not make any mistakes, and someone will fish out on you eventually.