MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
For me, the best time to play poker is the weekend. On such days I have enough time to play and study and I always feel the positive effect that I get.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don’t know how for other players, a great time for me to play poker when I have a lot of free time, but it’s only for me that I can play on weekends, I can play a lot of different types of poker in Hold'em or Omaha and simultaneously run several tables with tournaments, so for me the best time is the weekend when I can play great poker!

R

Ricardo_lhp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the schedule is indifferent, you have to set up your grid according to the schedules of the best tournaments, those that compensate more than play. But one thing I'm sure, in the afternoon you find it much more regular than in the evening, later generally it's the recreational ones and you can still find some regulars. Now the best day is no doubt on Sunday, where the awards are fatter :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My advice: Play only at this time when you crush.:D

For me, the best time to play is 8 pm - 2am CET time. Then there are the most weak players.

N

Newstyle_1704

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to play poker closer to night because people who play night most likely came from work or school and are determined only to win
Thus the game becomes more interesting.

RiverLord90

RiverLord90

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel like I play better in the evening then I do in the morning and afternoon.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
home night when everyone is asleep. a glass of whiskey and open pokerstars

And this ^ is why it's best for everyone else to be playing at this time as well
Now the best day is no doubt on Sunday, where the awards are fatter :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Sunday where the fish are more plentiful
My advice: Play only at this time when you crush.:D

For me, the best time to play is 8 pm - 2am CET time. Then there are the most weak players.

EXACTLY!!!
I like to play poker closer to night because people who play night most likely came from work or school .

Yes! In the morning & early afternoon (CET time), you're on the tables with many more 'regulars'.... << the ones who don't go to work
I feel like I play better in the evening then I do in the morning and afternoon.

We should be able to play optimally at any time of the day as long as we're semi-rested and have eaten. Of much greater importance is 'the other players' & at night is when you're going to find a higher % of bad ones, intoxicated ones, & ones who like to GAMBLE (I think WildYetty.. .or YettysWild likes to play in the evenings... but actually he might be just as drunk in the morning so this doesn't really apply to him)

RiverLord90

RiverLord90

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We should be able to play optimally at any time of the day as long as we're semi-rested and have eaten. Of much greater importance is 'the other players' & at night is when you're going to find a higher % of bad ones, intoxicated ones, & ones who like to GAMBLE (I think WildYetty.. .or YettysWild likes to play in the evenings... but actually he might be just as drunk in the morning so this doesn't really apply to him)

I think you're right. It feels like the players in the morning/noon are a lot tougher and more aggressive than the softer and more passive play in the evenings.

But then again, I don't eat much in the morning (currently in the process of changing that!) so that probably has an impact on the play on my side as well.

Sss888111

Sss888111

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I personally like to play in the evening!

A

andrewallenschutter

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would think that it's better to play in the evening.

Joco413

Joco413

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Either early in the morning or late afternoon.

R

RaydonPoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All I know is I'm tired as hell in the morning and don't make the best decisions then

A

AKbadboyAK

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my short online poker history I have started to notice some trends regarding the time of day I am playing. In the morning hours, say 8am till around 3pm, I do very well and rarely ever leave a table down. Then in the evening hours; 2pm-ish until after 7pm, sometimes even until 10pm, I just get murdered. My straights all get busted, nut flushes fall to boats and just about every sort in between like my kicker is smaller. Then after mid-night things seem to reset and my flushes and straights are crushing pairs and such until I have to quit to sleep. Repeat. My time zone is GMT +/- 5:00
Any thoughts/comments on why (Besides it having to do with the players online at those times) or similar experiences to share?

:jd4:
When I play the afternoon lately I'm getting nothing ever losing as much as I play well make better decisions whenever I lose and other times are good.

A

animalitymk3

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Best time for me to play is when i'm fresh and awake. Mornings are the best for me. I've done the best during the mornings when people want to have a fun time at the table.

H

hookmeout

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
during evenings particularly during weekends

slicheri93

slicheri93

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Really depends on what site you play, And if it allows USA players.

I would say in the evening or around 8PM European Time, Since i see a lot of plays playing/online at such times. Most come from work and might be a little tired ;)

But during the Holidays there aren't a lot of people playing so maybe it's the best to play during that time, Like New Years (Eve)

Hope this helped :)

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
for me the best time to play poker is the afternoon, after 14.00 hours, at this time I always play very well and I do not know why.

pcgnome

pcgnome

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are more fishy/rec players in the evening. You can click on the profile in BCP/ACR to see how long they've been a member, and you will find out that many have been around for only maybe a few months or a few weeks.
Don't worry about getting beat by runner-runners or being rivered by 2 and 3 outers. It's going to happen to everybody and its inevitable.
Post a few of these bad-beat hands. There are lots of people here that are willing to help. :)

el_magiciann

el_magiciann

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i'm running ugly at this jokerstars site, cant stand the jokes situations happenning there...`

EVA777

EVA777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I enjoy MTTs. I had been in the habit of playing $5.00 + .50 touneys at 4AM and 6AM EST. I find myself playing against alot of Italians in those particular tourneys with it being around midday there. I have just recently began playing in the primetime versions of those tourneys at 9PM, 10:30PM and 11:30PM EST. I notice a very distinct difference in playing styles between the evenening tourneys, which tend to have more Americans in them, and the early morning ones that have players from a wider range of locations. Depending on your style of play and the style of player you do best against you might prefer playing at certain times.

You correctly noted, representatives of different countries have completely different styles of play. Europeans mostly play calmly, not counting the Italians. I noticed that they play an aggressive game, like the Brazilians. I usually choose the moment when the Brazilians sleep - I do not like the aggressive game.

AndreyMav78

AndreyMav78

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, the best time to play is from 20 to 2 pm. At this time, no one reverses and the optimal state for me is when the body is tired - less adventurous decisions.

jmateuspoker

jmateuspoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Best time to play poker

Time for more concentration and with no or few concerns each has its best schedule evening late morning or even early in the morning

each have their potential particularly according to their circadian rhythm

:jd4:mateuspoker

cleder7

cleder7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always play at night, it's the only time of the day when I have time. But I do not think it's the best time of day for being tired. I think it's better to play in moments when I have greater focus and energy.

Destruct51

Destruct51

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When your Roll is up and you don't start counting down to how much u have left to play with, lol!!! Honestly I really don't like playing with a limited roll, but lately too many bills.