Best Poker Advice Ever?

B

BBKICKS213

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok, I want everyone to put down what the best poker advice they have ever received. You can put the situation, or just a sentence, I think this would be a good learning thread also

titans4ever

titans4ever

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Taking a beating

Best advice, don't just watch what hand wins the pot, watch what everyone will take to the showdown and lose with. You can learn alot more from that hand.

S

Sorn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never bet more than you can aford to lose.

Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Charcoal Mellowed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't get married to a hand. It doesn't do any good to showdown four kings if your opponent has four aces. Be able to lay down the big hands when you KNOW you are beaten.

B

BBKICKS213

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I like, don't call an all in unless your thrilled he made it

RammerJammer

RammerJammer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"Be highly competitive...but do it with class." -- :adore: Doyle Brunson

S

sk1zz0t

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
"The man sitting next to you has the same odds as the man sitting next to him at the start of every hand."

That's not really advice, but I think it made me a little more aggressive in my bets and calls.

S

slobberdawg

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
BBKICKS213 said:
Ok, I want everyone to put down what the best poker advice they have ever received. You can put the situation, or just a sentence, I think this would be a good learning thread also
"if you cant figure out what the other guy has....GET OUT'

efranto2286

efranto2286

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Greetings ... Knowing how to throw the cards at the right time will give you another chance to play again.. :D

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Fold and live to fold again

If you continue digging up threads which are literally older than you (quite old for forum standards) you may not even have this chance again ^ (live to fold?) :hmmmm2:

T

theStarfish

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Be patient and take your time before deciding.

J

Joe1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
play with a lot of patience and play without fear, i would recommend this to someone starting the game

Y

yoshi352000

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"If you're not first, you're last" - Ricky Bobby

jaymfc

jaymfc

R.I.P DJ & Buck
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you continue digging up threads which are literally older than you (quite old for forum standards) you may not even have this chance again ^ (live to fold?) :hmmmm2:
I wasn't even here yet :eek: it only 17 years old :eek:
one old thread had like 12 replies 15 years ago and someone replied anyway and it now has
over 40 something just this month. :eek:
shocking how they go that far back and still don't realize how old the post is :eek:

davidjavi31

davidjavi31

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
concentration is the key

The best piece of advice I've been given that has helped me a lot to be a competitive player is to stay focused and analyze the whole context of the hand, from the position Villain plays you to the stack he has.

barbados

barbados

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
The best poker advice is not to listen to anyone's advice. And don't listen to my advice either. Play your game.

I

iLoV3P0ker

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Listen yourself. Play what you want and trust yourself.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
. Don't be afraid to "pull the trigger" with your bluffs, try to play strong hands more quickly and aggressively, take your time with decisions, use the time bank to think things through.

Whompus

Whompus

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
"dont chance bad odds. but forget the odds when you take a chance.. learn the game as you go and never under estimate it,.. respect it always.. and good players dont just sit a wait on AA or KK. get a feel for the table then play your A game..." what my grandpappy use to say!

Mundug

Mundug

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I guess most people waste money and time play in poker. That is reason easy win and good bankroll build. They often few years later become poker pro. But they forget half people win half people lost. So hurry grow up or hurry bankrupt. My best poker advice is dont afraid and dont wish take money only love poker its good advice.