M

martDdart

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
Jobs that you use your body and you work on your own not in a team.Reason:after working with your body it is nice to sit down and play poker,working on your own improves your skill in taking decisions which helps you when you play poker,less risk of getting covid then teamworking.

laihuynh

laihuynh

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VN
Chips
I think it's probably a management job that captures customer psychology.

Attachments

• 1708104321251.png
    1708104321251.png
    312 bytes · Views: 1
S

satriyo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Night watchman in front of their cameras...they have all night to play

DiazPoker3101

DiazPoker3101

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I don't believe there's a job that's suitable for a poker player because if you're a professional poker player, you wouldn't need to work anymore. But if you ask me what job is most similar to poker, I'd say trading, as in that job you evaluate the cost and benefit of each decision you make. The greater the risk, the greater the reward. There are decisions that may be losing in the short term but winning in the long term. Similarly, in poker, there are times when you have to make tough decisions that go against your strategy, whether it's based on reading the game or just a gut feeling.

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
i dont think that something like this exist :) , but poker , in fact, could be a job :)...I hope that how is trying to do this must be very discipline in all he does or she does :) and all i can do is to wish him control on his action everytime and of course good luck :)

TulasMoreno

TulasMoreno

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
Any homeworking i think, same place and everything, it has its pros and contras.

Marcwantstowin

Marcwantstowin

Member of the T.S.T
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I would say the perfect job to have depends on whether you want to use poker as a living or as a hobby/ interest. If you are reliant on poker earnings to live your life, then you have to make it your job. As Pavel has mentioned, this would take a lot of discipline. You must know when enough is enough, try to lead a life that is compatible with the poker lifestyle. Playing half the night, sleeping in some of the day, this probably is not compatible with a wife and 2 children in tow, who need "normal" situations, with eating, living, schooling etc.

If you do work I would say a job that is say 4 days, or nights at work and then 4 days/ nights off, however, this also cannot be favourable to a happy home family situation.

Overall, I don't believe there is a "perfect" job for playing poker. We all just need to strive to be better, however we can, and hopefully one day when you bink a good tourney, say the Sunday Million on stars, (mind you the payouts for that have reduced recently), you take your $55K and treat those who around you, who have put up with your moods or moaning about your aces getting cracked, (I expect we all do that at some point), treat them to a holiday and deliberately forget your laptop for those 3 weeks.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A job that you can make your own schedule it's ideal if you want to have time to play poker.

Veralt

Veralt

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
While the job you have doesn't leave you too tired and unable to play, I think it could be any job. Because you can really play poker online at any time nowadays. Now, if you're thinking about specific tournaments with particular schedules, it becomes more complicated, as you would need more flexible jobs in terms of hours. And if not, you could become a poker teacher. 🥁😂🎅

M

MF.Brn

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
First, a professional poker player, then some work from home office, preferably without a fixed schedule.

Sintubai

Sintubai

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1) Photographers, Djs, Sports Traders,..
Some professions can have more time available to play poker regularly, and also have their work happening... depending on the time available, you can play spins, cash games, sit n gos, hypers and have a reasonable volume of games in 2,3 or 4 hours.. and of course you need to take some time to study poker to try to improve your results each time..lol ;)

xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I was playing as a pro I always kept a PT gig bartending. The hours were good, the money was great and by the time I got off and got to the poker room, a lot of the whales were already drunk and spewing out money.

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
The best job for a lifestyle associated with playing poker is a pensioner, I play when it’s convenient for me and without time restrictions, I also earn extra money on the Internet - tasks, subscriptions, likes.

ztibor72

ztibor72

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
Professional Poker player.
If you have to work alongside poker, then let your job be what you love and let poker be just a hobby.

neptunas888

neptunas888

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
It’s good to work from home, sit, drink coffee and work:D And you don't have to go to work early in the morning