luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
my best fold hasn't come yet, because I'm waiting for it, when I have good cards, for example JJ or QQ, I tend to go all in, but in order to survive, it's also sometimes a fold

YLAN

YLAN

Sida Nga Taraki
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good for you. He could even have AQs & flop a flush. :)

kunkgreen

kunkgreen

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In fact, depending on the stage of the tournament (if it is a tournament), and information about the villain...
Very few villains would make me fold AKs in the sbxbb situation in a cassock or unless I was close to the ITM.

Except in close-to-the-money situations and knowing the villains a lot, life has led me to believe that AKs are too strong to fold preflop in certain situations! ...but like everything else in poker there is no absolute truth.. that will of course depend on other dynamic factors.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I think you made a good fold, you have to accept that it is more important to lose a 4X than everything you have..

Academico

Academico

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
sometimes it is a good fold to drop Ak as they say in other comments it also depends if the moment of the tournament is close to a bubble it is easier for me to fold if it is to enter itm or ft also the amount of bb that I have versus the villain

A kiravio

A kiravio

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I have AKss on sb, all folds and bb 3-bet, i 4-bet and bb tell "all in" very fast. I fold because this men is sure. Teaches me AA :(.
Often expect a reraise from some and with a pair of twos. And that's often how many good hands in our game are exhausted for someone's ton

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
Stack sizes, please. Cash or MTTs?

nakiesQUensyyy

nakiesQUensyyy

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Well, depending on what opponent you are playing against, there are also weak fish against which your AK will be perfect.

almir nicolau

almir nicolau

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Would this be a situation of blind war smal vs bigblind?, if so!, in this situation it depends a lot on the eloved stacks to apply a 4bet fold I would prefer just the call to play the postflop, usually in this situation in the medium long term it will be very bad to fold because the situation closes with just two players and you have the top of the range you would be losing only pair AA and KK and flipping with all the pairs you would play that way, as you have AK you block the range you are losing as there are few combos hardly the villain there will be this range. sometimes cooler happens but it's part of the game!!

044hero

044hero

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is very little information in the message of topic starter to understand whether it was a herofold) Or just fear and self-doubt)

iceheart888

iceheart888

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I have AKss on sb, all folds and bb 3-bet, i 4-bet and bb tell "all in" very fast. I fold because this men is sure. Teaches me AA :(.
I think the hand is not played correctly, I think the standard blind vs blind is shove, he can put pressure on you because he doesn't believe your hand,
but here it also matters the stake you play at, the level at which the tournament was plus what stacks you had

lauestla

lauestla

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I did my best fold last Thursday in a live poker game.
I was dealt QQ on the button. I raised 10BB and 2 players called.
Flop 7 5 8 hearts.
One of the opponents bet half pot.
I had a look on my cards to confirm I did not have the Q of hearts.
And I fold. Villain had called my big raise preflop with T2... of hearts of course :rolleyes:
And he finally knocked out the other player involved.
I was happy with my move :)

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips

My best fold:

Two places away from the Bubble I was dealt A/A and two players had already gone All-in, I tanked for the remainder of my time bank, so desperately wanting to call and make a treble up, but my "Gut" kept telling me to fold which is what I eventually did.

Low and behold when the cards were turned the shorter of the two had A/A and the chip leader had K/10 suited, The Flop came K,10,7, and the Aces got cracked yet again, I held on for another 30 minutes making the money and was amazed at my own resolution of not falling in love with any two cards.

If your senses are telling you to fold, then Fold!

GarotoMaroto

GarotoMaroto

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I would shove the AKs anyway XD
God bless

aissam18

aissam18

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To be fair it's a good fold but you will be tested more and more and there will be more scenarios like this and you should know how to fold strong hands to win tournaments

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Nice fold to the better hand. I have some regrets folding to the better hand, but only on the turn, lol. Folded 2-pr to a made flush, once, but would've filled up on the river. I would have been the 3rd all-in player in that pot. Hindsight, right? 🙄
My best fold was a lesser full house. Avoided a Rounders situation.

ms_attack

ms_attack

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Would this be a situation of blind war smal vs bigblind?, if so!, in this situation it depends a lot on the eloved stacks to apply a 4bet fold I would prefer just the call to play the postflop, usually in this situation in the medium long term it will be very bad to fold because the situation closes with just two players and you have the top of the range you would be losing only pair AA and KK and flipping with all the pairs you would play that way, as you have AK you block the range you are losing as there are few combos hardly the villain there will be this range. sometimes cooler happens but it's part of the game!!

I see this similarly, in the long term a call is better in this situation. Of course it happens from time to time that you hit AA or KK in the blinds with AK, but this is very rare and as you write part of the game.

Of course, you have also done nothing wrong with your fold in the situation if you had such a gut feeling.

However, I tend to call, because if it was a tournament, I also want to win the tournament. You have a very big chance to increase your chip stack with this premium hand. I hate it when it's close to the money and you have to fold all the time just to get in the money and then you get knocked out to one of the lowest money ranks because you have hardly any chips left and you get called by the bigstack with weak hands and you get knocked out with AQ against 84.

nameless

nameless

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Good and difficult fold congrats i dont think i would fold that only maybe is the villain is super nit

chipsa

chipsa

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I had trio in trio at the table and the rival had a ladder, however it took me time to see what their stakes were on that hand.

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
My best fold was in a tournament where the winner got $780 and with 13 players left I got KK and villain ended up all in on board 779T, after thinking I folded my hand and villain showed full house. In the end I was in third place

Mantinhoo

Mantinhoo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
LT
Chips
I remember when I accidentally folded AA, but my opponent had a straight flush. That's what poker is ;)

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Folding in poker is a tricky decision for beginners. They are bad at knowing when to keep fighting and when to fold.It makes no sense to abandon the idea of folding when there are bad cards in hand. Of course, there are exceptional cases where you can break the pot with a weak hand. But if you constantly hope for luck, then in the near future you can lose your bankroll.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The problem most times when we fold is we never know if it's good or not unless they show. There are many times I think I made a good fold but to be honest I really don't know. I made a sick one once preflop. I had 3bet and was 4 bet all in. The problem was I knew this player extremely well from years of our games. She was a super tight player who rarely raised. I sat there for about 5 minutes try to put her on a hand but really was asking what she was 4 betting. What I could not recall was the last or even a 1st time she had ever 3 bet a hand. I had never folded this strong of a hand before but did this day and face up on the table. The table looked stunned at my cards, and she proudly showed her aces. Yes, I folded for the 1st and only time so far pocket kings. If I had not player so long vs this player, I could have never made this fold.

Folding in Poker