The best bankroll value to start at Poker.

fa1920

fa1920

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To my taste with 100 dollars is more than enough and comfortable to start in poker, 300 or more seems like an exaggeration, but it is clear that if you invest more chances you will do better (if you do things right) but that is not the idea, not all have large amounts to devote only to poker. That's why 100 dollars, which is a neutral number, so to speak, seems perfect to me.

TerryBLE

TerryBLE

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What the necessary bankroll for you to be profitable? Is this, Now if you're profitable and you want to jump steps, that's fine

Ovuvuevuevue

Ovuvuevuevue

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It all depends on your skill level and desired outcome from poker. If you're only playing as a hobby you wouldn't really mind losing 50 or 100 dollars if your job gives you the opportunity for it. If you're playing as a part time job then you'd need to be a bit more conservative to keep the income as constant as possible. If you're a professional player then you need to follow very conservative buy-in limits to reduce your risk of ruin. Obviously if I'm a multi millionaire I wouldn't join a $100,000 buy-in tournament without knowing good poker. It just wouldn't be good business. That's why you need to set realistic goals for yourself depending on your situation.

S

Souza322

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just buy a bankroll that does not affect your real life finances, i thing if you play in high tables you can find betters players...

T

Tuan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I put up $3000 to play 1/3 blinds, I am not sure if it is correct, but I am comfortable playing tight style. I would suggest $6000 bank roll for people with a Loose Aggressive. Or you can have a day job and feed your poker bank roll, that is the best option I believe.

oneloy

oneloy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
each deposit depends on the discipline! $ 100 for sng will be enough! even $ 60.

roterdama

roterdama

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
bankrool

Mee deposit about 200 euro in fweu times abautt 30 euros one deposit! at the moment i broke, because beter put all deposit 200 euro! Now i waiting my salary and deposit 300 euro and play mtt by in abaut 1-5 $. An see what hapens! Good luck evrbody at tables!:confused::icon_rr:

savaxz

savaxz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Min dep for me is most good deposit.
I made 30,40, 50 from it.
5$ is my comfortable dep

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The bankroll is the most important in poker can be a good player, but if you have good management of bank, you can lose all your money.
As bankroll you need to start playing poker, depends on what your goals are, for example, if you want to be a professional player, and earn thousands of dollars, you have to have thousands of dollars to win thousands of dollars.
For example, if you sit at a table in cash with $ 10 and double your stack, you win $ 10, but if you sit at a table with 2000 dollars and double your stack, you have won 2000 dollars, but the counterpart is that if you lose also lose a lot of money, so it's important bank management.

vovqa93

vovqa93

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Zero is the best. You learning, trying to get experience. Lets say play few monthes freerolls, try get some cents/dollars, get into sng/mtt etc. Feel how much work and patience poker needs. Then you decide, how much money can you invest in your work, can you handle it or not.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
, in my opinion the most correct amount for them to win money in poker would be around $ 200 $ 500, that would be the amount lower than a bankroll of who wants to profit from poker must have.
There are people who wish to become professional in poker so the correct value of a bankroll in my opinion is between $ 1,000 and $ 5,000, under these conditions the game will be played at tables with more conscious players.
The values ​​influence with certainty the game, the smaller the buy in, the worse the players that bet with anything, do not follow the standard of the game and neither has, and the higher the value of buy in, the players are more professional.

when you say 'they'... who is this referring to & how would you know what would be good for them?
ie. What if 'they' are able to be a profitable player online, playing 100nl 6-max nlhe? Should 'they' deposit $200 to $500 & is that the correct amount to be profitable?

ie. What if they have shown to have a positive ROI playing in $10 to $20 buyin MTT's online. Is this $200 to $500 still the correct amount to be profitable?

What I'm getting at is >>>> It is going to be different depending upon the individual person who is playing.
Also, suggesting we'd need to deposit more dollars so we can avoid bad players is just wrong. Sure in the freerolls & super micro games there will be a ton of variance and quite often it'll be difficult to read some of the opponent's ranges ( a) because they could be soooo wide b) because of their lack of knowledge & skill, and their own inability to read hands & ranges, they might be over-valuing their hands resulting in overplaying them ). BUT, bad players are also the EASIEST to win money from!!! (without question).

The optimal amount to deposit (to start out with) is an amount that enables the player to play at limits where they are profitable.... 'or' where they enjoy playing.

AlexDriver

AlexDriver

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think for beginners from 0 (freerolls) to $100 very comfortable bankroll.

S

sibird

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The value of bankroll is just as important to start with in poker as it is in-game knowledge.
Through the bankroll it is possible to exert horizons in the game and still plan as far as it can and should arrive.
Most people in fear start poker with a $ 20 to $ 50 bankroll on their first deposit, in my opinion the most correct amount for them to win money in poker would be around $ 200 $ 500, that would be the amount lower than a bankroll of who wants to profit from poker must have.
There are people who wish to become professional in poker so the correct value of a bankroll in my opinion is between $ 1,000 and $ 5,000, under these conditions the game will be played at tables with more conscious players.
The values ​​influence with certainty the game, the smaller the buy in, the worse the players that bet with anything, do not follow the standard of the game and neither has, and the higher the value of buy in, the players are more professional.

It is true that with higher buy-in there will be more conscious players who follow the standard of game and there will be more professionalism. Play will be very interesting and amusing and decision making would be much easier due to the fact that you can read others minds. Usually in such situations your win or lose would be very marginal. If someone playing with KJ then you might be winning with KQ.

Profit making would be tough or just a marginal win. As you can read their minds they too can read your mind.

But forgive me if i disagree with you. Making easy decisions does not sound like professional players. Professional players make tough decisions in tough conditions and work out their way to get the maximum.

R

Ricardo_lhp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that this question of banking is a matter of planning, the person before everything has to be planned to play poker for money. Not everyone can be profitable in the game for wanting to make deposits after deposits and not understand all the dynamics behind the cards. And this question of depositing higher to play higher levels also seems wrong, because it is the one that are exactly the guys who study and dedicate themselves to this, so you will have a lot of trouble if you start with these limits. The best even without doubt for beginners is to start at the low limits because the players are very bad and have no idea what they are doing, it is a money mine!

jmateuspoker

jmateuspoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bankroll management

I now have the following strategy

For MTT Tournaments I prefer to play with 300 buyins tournament field with up to 45 players can play with 50 buy ins with comfort already tournaments above 45 players play with 100 buy INS

For rebuy tournaments use at least 400 buy ins following this rule we will hardly break our bankroll

:jd4:mateuspoker

T

thaliko86

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My first win in poker was in a home game organized by friends years ago. I remember that some of these friends invited me to the game (of which I had no idea) and they explained superficially the growing sequence of the best hands in a logical way. Playing intuitively and paying close attention to the actions of the table I managed to get third place and win a small prize in Reais (Brazilian currency) which fascinated me by the game and encouraged me to learn more about the game and its many possibilities. Since then I've learned a lot and evolved my game to the point of stamping on MTT and SNG from various buy-ins. I still play with these friends sometimes and it is always very good to be with them, because just as I, several have also evolved their game.

P

PokerDev

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I risk only $50 at a time on the sites and $200 for live poker--sometimes that is my budget for the month...

I have been listening to Charlie Carrell--He says 20 to got up and 17 to go down.

That said, I am playing zone on Bovada starting at the lowest .02/.05 limit with $25 and am up to almost $40 in one day.

Hopefully I will soon have the bankroll to play my current stakes :D

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management