Best all around celebrity player?

GDRileyx

GDRileyx

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree that Kaplan is the best celebrity player. He's crafty and unpredictable, and can hold his own with the big boys.

Tilley doesn't just play a ditz, she is one.

Phil Laak is a much better player than he gets credit for, because he undercuts it by being wierd. I didn't think much of him the first few times I saw him play. The first time I saw him play, he was seated between Brunson and Hellmuth and seemed totally outclassed. But now that I've seen him more often, my opinion of him has risen, especially when he is interviewed on Poker After Dark, and you get some insight into his thought process.

Exit141RTe1

Exit141RTe1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I had to pick two, for me it is Gabe Kaplan and Shannon Elizabeth. Tiley is a close second and not hard on the eyes either.

GDRileyx

GDRileyx

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
She is like a 21st Century Marilyn Monroe: Ditzy, highly feminine, voluptuous, with a sexy voice. Not to mention that she played a kinky lesbian in Bound and a dominatrix/stripper in Dancing at the Blue Iguana.

X

Xavier

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not sure but definitely not Jennifer Tilly.
I've seen a couple of terrible performances by her.

spranger

spranger

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
you mean when shes that old* theres no defying gravity :p
im just jokin though, shes decent

Bernard Pugi

Bernard Pugi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
James Bond, he won the pot with a straight flush. haha. Tilly? she plays like a professional because she's very quiet and serious as she play preventing anyone to read her. I don't know about her biography in poker but is she playing poker a long time already or just a beginner? Shannon Elizabeth is cute, I don't know if she really is that good in poker but sometimes she gets lucky. Well, I think she really knows how to.. but get beaten by Bloch.

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Jennifer Tilly

Fairly solid player.
She Gets my vote.

:D

GDRileyx

GDRileyx

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Fer crying out loud, look them up on Wikpedia. Kaplan has 10 wsop cashes and won Poker After Dark twice. It's not even close.

J

JackTen

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any of you heard that story about Canseco being defiant and playing at a Ladies Only Tournament? I think it was at Commerce here in LA, but apparently there was no real rule against men buying in, he went for it and became the only guy in the whole tournament. They said all the women thought he was the cockiest a-hole on planet earth because he thought his celebrity was OK for him being at a ladies only event.

I heard he busted out quick too.

N.D.

N.D.

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If the last non-poker related thing of note Gabe Kaplan did was 'Welcome Back Kotter' I don't think he counts as a celebrity poker player so much as a poker player who used to be a celebrity. When all of us 70's/80's kids croak, nobody will remember him.

Movies like Jennifer Tilly's go on to be cult classics. She's sorta the Jayne Mansfield of the new millennium. She'll be remembered for decades to come, even if only as wank-fodder for pubescent boys. Well, before going on to become a gay icon impersonated by countless drag queens in nightclubs across the country.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Maybe you have never actually seen a boob, but when they're that big or you're her age, there is no defying gravity.

FYP - she's 50, which is something a lot of people forget.

GDRileyx

GDRileyx

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
If the last non-poker related thing of note Gabe Kaplan did was 'Welcome Back Kotter' I don't think he counts as a celebrity poker player so much as a poker player who used to be a celebrity. When all of us 70's/80's kids croak, nobody will remember him.

Movies like Jennifer Tilly's go on to be cult classics. She's sorta the Jayne Mansfield of the new millennium. She'll be remembered for decades to come, even if only as wank-fodder for pubescent boys. Well, before going on to become a gay icon impersonated by countless drag queens in nightclubs across the country.

But the question was about the best celebrity player, not about the most famous celebrity who plays big-time poker. Tilly is a bigger celebrity, but Kaplan is the best player.

mattj15

mattj15

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Chuck Liddell! haha that was hilarious to watch in WSOP last year.

T

txtitan

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
who is the all time best poker player? is it because of the braclets or does that even matter to you when it comes to the best?

J

jjaaz

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
one of the funnyest and players who you all may think are horrible. ray romone.