Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If I want to play poker as a job, not as a hobbie, how much money does my bankroll has to be?
Hi
How much money do you need per month?
A thousand dollars or five?
It all depends on how much you are used to spending.
I think it is quite realistic to make a 20% increase in a month to the bankroll. So, if your bankroll will be 10 thousand dollars, then in principle you have the opportunity to make 2 thousand dollars of profit per month. I think it's real.
Good luck

nakiesQUensyyy

nakiesQUensyyy

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
The bankroll is made in order to be profitable at a distance and increase your skill, you need 200-300 buy-ins for your limit for this to be a bankroll

Ruslan L

Ruslan L

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If I want to play poker as a job, not as a hobbie, how much money does my bankroll has to be?
I think 3000 thousand dollars is quite enough for a professional player. I'm not a professional player, so I could live almost a whole year on this money, playing our daily freerolls for absolutely free :)

Leandro6803

Leandro6803

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would say that it doesn't just depend on the bankroll, but I would say that it is a set of skills that will make you a good profitable poker player, you may have the necessary bankroll but it will be inefficient if your skills are not greater than your opponents at your level of skill. tournament buy-in, cash game or sit and go.

veltins

veltins

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
JP
Chips
Definitely need both skill and bankroll., I am confident about being profitable player in mtts , but i def hate my cash games . I have made 15k+ from almost nothing , so yes its possible to make nice bankroll from poker starting with freerolls and ofc the biggest of all with proper bankroll management

Alexey Shley

Alexey Shley

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
It's not about money. You have to study to become a professional. I remember Gleb Tremzin saying “If I lose my entire bankroll, I won't invest a penny to raise that bankroll back.” It doesn't matter what bankroll you have, even if you're a million dollars, but if you don't study, your bankroll will still lose everything.

Gavincwb

Gavincwb

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
it's relative. For me, who intends to play with buy-ins of up to 35, I would need something between 3500 and 5k to play tournaments without worrying about the variance.

S

Sopt

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SI
Chips
Depends how you categorize what being pro means. Do you by that mean you're living from poker alone? Or is it still a hobby on the side while you do play at a "pro" level?

Personally I believe that being a pro comes down way more to skill than the bankroll you might have/need. You can have a proper bankroll and still lose everything if the skill isn't there. So the question would be more about what limits do you need to play and comfortable win in them to get by.
That then depends on the place and standard you live in. Here in my country you need around 1k euro/month to just get by and to live in a bit of more comfort than just the basic needs, then you're looking at 1500-2000 euro earnings monthly. Somewhere else 500 euro or even less might be enough.

At the same time you can have a great well paying job and poker might be a hobby you really enjoy. You can be imo "pro" that way too, just by playing on the side and being really good at it. But if any of us would be in such situation, we most likely wouldn't be writing here hehe.

All in all. Even if you chase the poker pro dream, don't put all the eggs in one basket. Always have a back up plan.

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
By my opinion, in that case, what an initial bankroll needs for professional play in Poker, the All is individually!
If to say honestly, I think, than starting bankroll will more, so much better! Because Poker is very dispersive Game,
and this means often unpredictable, especially on High Limits, where generally and playing the professional players!

fryderyk

fryderyk

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
It depends on whether you want to play tournaments and what levels of buy-in or cash game. With tournaments and assuming you play a dozen or so larger ones a year, you will need between $50,000 and $100,000. if you play 5 with a buy-in of about $5,000 less, etc. By playing tournaments with the assumption that you will be in bonus places every 3rd or 4th tournament, you will be guaranteed further starts with your winnings. Smaller amounts do not mean smaller tournaments as you can play in satellites and win tickets for less money while risking smaller amounts. The first and most important thing is your skills, there is no point in making money if you don't learn to play for higher stakes without emotions. So you can start with average tournaments of $100 to $1000 buy-in and then you will get used to playing with average winnings and you can build a bigger bankrol.

exer888

exer888

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SK
Chips
Depends on with stakes do you wanna play, what type of game you play.

pedrovitorcosta

pedrovitorcosta

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Depends on its quality...
I would suggest goals...
Set a monthly goal with the time you have, after a few months you will be able to observe whether you have consistently reached the amount you want...
Once you see that you have easily managed to make poker profitable, then you can start "thinking" about making poker your job...

You can start your bankroll with 1M$ and be broke in 1 month, so the initial value is not really important, but how positive your game is.

BOXING71

BOXING71

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
The question of how much money you want to earn should be the first to be asked, from which the entire plan for a professional game will be calculated. But the question itself suggests that for now it is better to enjoy poker as a simple game

E

Easylu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
I THINK THAT 300 BBS AT THE LEVEL YOU ARE GOING TO PLAY

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I wont repeat all the great advice that's already up here but I do want to add something. You may want to tale poker to the next level and play professionally and I would wish you best of luck in your adventure. The quesion you realy need to ask yourself is not just how much money I need but, Am i a good winning player who can play at the level needed to support my life? You maybe good enough but its a very valuable question to ask before you make this move.

nameless

nameless

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
There is no specific amount to be a professional player, it depends on your financial status, the level you are at and the money you have to earn to make it profitable if you only make a living from poker, everything is relative.

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
depending on buy-in for 250 - 500 inputs

Dimidrol2

Dimidrol2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
To become a professional, you need patience, skill of the game, luck and a lot of desire, then the bankroll itself will appear.

ztibor72

ztibor72

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
I think if you asked this question, you are not yet there to make a living from it.
The question is difficult even if we know what you are playing, at what stake, etc.

AzdajaD

AzdajaD

Meat Pounder
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RS
Chips
You/someone can start with $50 or $5000...it is not a guarantee to become pro... ;)

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Around one million. Just because I'm saying so.

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management