Bankroll management

Copag

Copag

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can manage the bankroll well, I used to manage it well, but lately I play outside my bankroll. What tips would you give to not go up so fast?

F

FergusDec

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Brother, patience is the key and playing not risking more than 2 % of your BR at any one tourney/sitting. I wish that I would stick to that mantra, alas, I am also broke because of my impatience.

M

Mateo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You just have to make a careful analysis of tournaments before you enter them - do you think this is a good profitable tourney to enter? Can your bankroll handle the loss? etc. Just make an active thought process when regoing.

H

HungryLyan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Absolutely 2% of my BR is a great way to manage your game. I love the sattelite games into MTT events that offer great payouts.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just like you don't spend 90% of your salary in the first 3 days after getting it you should also not spend what you can't afford in poker. Financial discipline is financial discipline no matter if it is in life or poker. Of course there are moments when you want to spend money that you don't have but you should resist this will.

rastapapolos

rastapapolos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
If you want to stay in the game and improve your play you have to take it slowly and easy. I think you have set a goal to achieve and pick up the variant that you're familar with(NLHE/PLO/..) then you divide your starting bankroll by 20 if you're playing cash games or 50 if you're playing SNGs/MTTs. Once you double or triple your starting bankroll you take it to the next level and so on.

amatola

amatola

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I am very conservative, having built my BR from 0. Currently, I give myself $10 per day to spend on MTTs/ Cash games (my BR is $450). I keep a tally, usually, I don't use it all, but if I have played badly like today and use up my $10, I am on freerolls and any tickets I've saved. I might let myself play a couple of 20c games.

This stops small losing days from becoming big losing days.

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You learn faster through mistakes. if you don't manage your bankroll, it will be faster to go up the limits, but there is more risk of losing everything. you can divide the initial deposit into many parts and play not according to the bankroll, according to the theory of probability, one case will be successful, this is certainly not correct, but this is poker!:D:D

D

danydidi

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its been 10 years i am trying to but i dont succeed. I always push it to the limits and brake downn

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I always try to follow the bankroll management and control my expenses. I have a daily spending limit and never exceed it. Thanks to discipline, my bankroll is only growing.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
You can manage the bankroll well, I used to manage it well, but lately I play outside my bankroll. What tips would you give to not go up so fast?

Hi.
Bankroll management is an effective mechanism for preventing losses. I never risk more than 3% of my bankroll per day.
Good luck.

I

imhereforfreerolls

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Start your bankroll journal, note everything, wins. losses, buy-ins. You'll see ur weak sides and it will motivate u

P

pohewa

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Brother, patience is the key and playing not risking more than 2 % of your BR at any one tourney/sitting. I wish that I would stick to that mantra, alas, I am also broke because of my impatience.

this is great advice, I often wonder if there was a % rule. Thanks!

J

jorgetorres0

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you have to try to be responsible, and stay at your level. Why playing outside your bank can bankrupt you

Copag

Copag

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks to everyone for the tips, it will certainly help in my poker career, I read each one very carefully to absorb the maximum content.

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management