• We would love to hear your thoughts! Click here to take a short survey on your CardsChat experience: Rate Your CardsChat Experience

Forum members receive 10 VIP Chips for participating (follow instructions on form).

Balancing work and playing poker

F

firerain

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would agree with others that is tough to balance family time, work, poker and poker study (to improve your game to move up in stakes). I would equate poker study to practicing golf where you want to play golf with free time similar to poker were you want to grind instead of studying to improve your skills.

J

jason2626

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol don't tell my boss but I play poker when I'm working:deal::D

H

hcuervo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
You can balance poker very well and work each with his each other only that poker takes you a long time:D:icon_sant

C

cowboybebop

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think its very important to balance the two things out,because poker should most of the times be a hobby,except if you are Rain Man.

T

Tomek416

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am semi-retired and I work two, three times a week, usually just for 2-3 hours at a time, so I don't have to do much balancing. I have enough time for poker and my other hobbies.

001Jaguar

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It’s very important to balance but most people can’t do it I can’t either I usually leave it open and play at work too

A

archilazy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
time required for poker anyway,
i think the best way, if you are working 5-6 days per week - just spend this one free day for playing, otherwise work or poker will prevent each other

lucky one, who is not working full day, or pro-pokerists

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I work a lot have family and still manage to play the game I love.

T

To6Po6

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
I`m trying to study on work and when i finish my job if there isn`t any others things to do i play poker!It`s not every day but i try it.

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Poker is a hobby. Like any other hobby, I make sure I find time to play, but family and life take pririty.

S

samuri

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
playing

i can only play 1/2 a year

M

Medina

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very hard, there is no time for anything besides work, if there is then you are tired.
One thing is for sure if both, you do there is certainly no time for anything else.
Many times i only get time to poker on the weekends
Because of these difficulties, I consider poker to be just a hobby.

Bambini7777

Bambini7777

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
for someone playing poker is a job:)

Dalyn

Dalyn

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play only when I have free time

Ilgiz

Ilgiz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The main thing is that one does not interfere with the other. The main time is work, weekend poker.

uri73796

uri73796

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Of course, you can combine work and poker, but still it brings some inconvenience.

ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)][/COLOR]

[/COLOR]

Andrii Lubentsov

Andrii Lubentsov

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Work comes first for me. Poker is a hobby and leisure.

D

denis_og79

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I take care of the house, the child, the wife, the dog and I can still play, so organize what you have. time

R

royalflush122096

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I hope that real soon that I play poker full time but at some point I will move from California to Texas and I will put some hours on America's Cardroom doing 55 cent on demands.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Yes I am one of the lucky one's that worked hard all my life so that now I can relax, playing a game I enjoy, in my twilight years. I don't need to make money playing Poker, my Pension see's to all the bill's so Poker for me is just a hobby, just a bit of fun.
All I have to do, is be sure I don't loose too much, and I stick to the bankroll rule of 1%. I do have weeks where I cannot win a single game, but I make up for it when I run good and make a little extra.
Last week I played in 6 Free-roll MTT Games and cashed in 5, making the Final table in one Game and finished in 4th place, so yes I am in profit, but not life changing money, I don't intend to make money, I just like to play and have a little fun.

When the fun Stops, STOP!

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I work every day and play poker on weekends, on weekdays I have no time, now many people work remotely, so they can play and work at the same time.

razarach_xD

razarach_xD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing poker when I feel to

How do people have time to play poker all the time either you dont work stay with mommy daddy witch must be nice if you do or retired I have to work got a kid it hard to find time to do anything but that's life for yea just that I vent she what everybody else thinks about it

Im a father of 2 sons, wife is a teacher I have my own business's... I used to work 8-16, had 3-4 weeks of Holiday per year for a great salary. But I always dreamed to have my own business. In that time it was hard to stay all night awake playing poker because I had to work in the morning.
Now (last 11 years)I have it, I managed to get into tourism with renting facilities, which is my core business and I work 6 months 8-24 and 6 months free. I I can't imagine I would play poker in the night during summer (except with my guests :). I chose to work in summer when everybody else is partying around.
If you will say lucky you.. these 2 years of pandemic we couldn't survive of tourism but I trade paintings, antiques, sculptures... everything that has its value. I had to adopt to situation.
By the way, my mother still lives in our house.
Dont whine around if somebody has rich mother or father. Its their life, you better work on your own life so you have time for what you really love. And if you are really up to.... it's going to happen !

cardplayer2k21

cardplayer2k21

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
DE
Chips
How do people have time to play poker all the time either you dont work stay with mommy daddy witch must be nice if you do or retired I have to work got a kid it hard to find time to do anything but that's life for yea just that I vent she what everybody else thinks about it

play on weekends

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, Everyone! :) I will reply simply and shortly: Poker is my vent and work in the same time on the present moment...
Now is all OK: family, children, and money, of course, and main Health. Further Time Shows...:rolleyes: That's all!
And Good Luck and Great Health Everybody in this year and in New Year! ;):):D