Chips
my worst habit is playing poker.

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
While I'm sure higher limits demand more attention, at the lower limits I play at for now, no one is really trying to mix it up. I use PAHUD for the stats on aggression, playable cards (VP$IP is IMO the most important stat to use because it indicates range preflop), etc. Obviously I miss if they'll chase draws w/o odds, but then again about 99% of the players at those levels do. I just recently moved up from 4 to 6 tables at once and found out I can handle it pretty easily. Now although my per-table profit may be more when single tabling, I don't think I could make a higher overall profit (ie 6 times per table profit) just single tabling. Oh and I listen to music, helps either get me ready to play or calm me down. I think it helps.

Bad habit? Chasing losses. I think I've gotten past that, haven't done it in the past few months, but I used to do that every time and although once in a while I'd make it back, I'd always end up busting.

rick32

rick32

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bad habits

my worst habit would have to be trying to play at different sites at the same time gets real hectic sometimes

S

scrapdoggie

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
bad habits

i agree with almost everyone elses posts..I have the same habits like searching for upcoming events while playing multi tables while my yahoo and aol IMs are almost constant.but...my worst habit is playing the later games and settling once i place in the money.I think i play to show rather then to win.secondly ive noticed i have to be in the right mood to play well.if i am at home...2kids and a wifey...and im trying to play and have a conversation with someone i will donk it up more often then when actually needed.never play mad!!!!!good luck at the tables

Tobmeister

Tobmeister

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i tend to watch things like High Stakes Poker and Poker After Dark, sometimes its quite inspiring :)D ) but sometimes i lose focus and suddenly find my freeroll, or 5c 10c table not as interesting as a 500k buy in show!

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i found that paying attention all the time to the table can help but i get moved around so much that it doesnt matter....surfing the web is just there to do you cant help it your not in the hand so you do something else so that your patience doesnt run thin...and you end up getting too aggressive and bluff!

KingNothing4

KingNothing4

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think watching tv and getting into it, cuz then i totally dont pay atention to wats going on...i figure focusing on just the game is best, but 1 day i was playing an online game at the same time and i played 2 MTT and played really well in both...i jus knew my position and my cards and didnt try to make bold or dangerous plays preflop, and played somewhat aggressive on the hands i did play and it worked out really well, i barely had n e info on n e of ther players at my table but still didnt hurt me surprisingly...

A

ayasak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
other than bad habits that some of the guys mentioned, one of mine is chatting to much with the people at the table and lose focus on whats going on.

DetroitJimmy

DetroitJimmy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No one has said "drinking beer" yet?

This is my main bad habit.That and drinking rum.I do pretty good until I have over 8-9 beers.Then I start making crazy ass calls or missing my turn while I'm pissing every 5 minutes.

Another thing that kills my ROI is playing while I have my kids running around me.I find myself answering questions I don't know while missing some of the deciding factors in the game.