Bad Decisions

M

M13A13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't know about you, lately I've been making bad decisions in my poker game, hands that I shouldn't have played and played, all ins that I shouldn't have traditionally been going, what are these decision mistakes.
The curious thing is that these moves are not part of my game profile, maybe I'm tired or physically exhausted.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I don't know about you, lately I've been making bad decisions in my poker game, hands that I shouldn't have played and played, all ins that I shouldn't have traditionally been going, what are these decision mistakes.
The curious thing is that these moves are not part of my game profile, maybe I'm tired or physically exhausted.

That is very possible. It's also really smart of you to realize this is possible the issue. When I am tired, I find myself making smaller mistake that amplify over time. Playing hand, I should not, not folding when I am beat and just spewing chips. I found that when I am not 100% OK to play I just don't get on to play anymore. Has helped me a lot to be honest.

A kiravio

A kiravio

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Hello. I don't think there is any problem in playing different hands compared to what you usually play, but I think it's a common thing: knowing when to quit

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Like you said, maybe you are tired of the game and that's why you don't have patience to play anymore and start to play with bad hands or make wrong plays. I think this happens occasionally with all players. It happened many times with me. Maybe you should take a break of a couple of days and stay away from poker. It usually works for me.

M

M13A13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello. I don't think there is any problem in playing different hands compared to what you usually play, but I think it's a common thing: knowing when to quit
We play differently, but I'm playing the wrong hands, behaving wrongly, very different from bluffing, or stealing chips, I'm simply seeing that my chances don't exist in the play and I started to behave if I was fine, so I realized that failures are mine in some way, whether through stress, mental exhaustion, or anxiety.

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This usually happens to me when I feel like doing something else and I want to finish the game quickly due to lack of patience and inevitably the focus is lost in the game and that is where the bad decisions come from, it is best to stop that day and the days until feel the desire to play and are 100% focused on the game

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Surely you are tired and sometimes the frustrations of the game make you make bad decisions, play when you are lucid and in a good mood greetings!!!

YLAN

YLAN

Sida Nga Taraki
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The curious thing is that these moves are not part of my game profile, maybe I'm tired or physically exhausted
Its not physical, its the mind. Lately, you probably have some things on your mind that you need to have closure. You are loosing patience in the game and playing these hands to hurry things up because your mind is occupied by something else. Clear up your mind to be able to have focus back in the game.

staytrue001

staytrue001

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello, for sucesfull game u need be on good humour, good luck!

T

Tomiveres

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's a good thing that you are seeing that you make mistakes , and you can learn something from them , that means you improving your game if you see more and more mistakes that you making , before you were making mistakes without realize that you are making them .
You also should take some breaks from poker , don't play every day take 1-2 day per week without thinking at poker .

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you often make mistakes, it's from fatigue, you need to take a break.:(:)

f_lampa

f_lampa

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
seems like it's definitely fatigue, it happens to me a lot so I take a day or two off

W33dzLov3r

W33dzLov3r

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Hello bro, I might have an answer to your question, and it would sound like this:

There is an emotional Charge for every decision you make, either in your poker games or in life in general. Based on how we Feel, we take different choices. Some of them are good, and some are terrible mistakes, I do happen to fight against the same thing, and it's so far based on our Ego and how we perceive the future of our choices. If we feel confident with that hand, we`ll most likely pay an all-in. Hope it helps bro.

SopianaeExtra

SopianaeExtra

between my 2 ears
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Here's a piece of wisdom I gleaned over the last several of years: Poker requires two things: Sincerity and patience. These two states of mind are absolutely crucial, they'll make or break your game. If you don't have the energy to maintain these two things, always, permanently!, you might as well just burn your money in the oven, as it will end in the same result.

mbermejo174

mbermejo174

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Hey mate, I noticed that i use to play like that when i'm not a 100% well. playing when tired or mental stressed is a recipe for failure. we gotta know when we are not 100% and try to be patient and keep it going. look out for the probabilitys and play safe. it works for me when i play this way. Keep it up mate!

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I think you should take a break and take a break. Guess you don't have an interest in playing poker right now and you play just to play poker it's wrong you need to be motivated so you need a break it's definitely

juan1579

juan1579

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I think what you say is very true, you must feel exhausted and that makes you make bad decisions or play wrong hands, it happens to me too

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, M13A13! Don't necessary especially to care about your bad decisions in poker... More important, I think, to care about your Bad Decisions in Life!
But this is only my private opinion...

M

M13A13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The big problem that these things are not visible and felt, we just notice, when we observe ourselves in a certain time, a single action, does not help us to measure the error internally, and when we observe it is too late, so I will rest the mind and try to self-assess myself to continue in poker.
Now having identified the fault, I will correct myself automatically, I will take better care of my mind and see if there has been any progression, that is, if I make the same mistake again, or if my action at the table was fair, because poker exists of gains and losses, however, these ups and downs must be measured, if the action was intelligent and rational in the lows or if it did not start from robotic behavior, since robotic behavior may indicate a failure in the brain, caused by internal issues of the person in which it cannot identify yourself.

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
every player has this moments in his game...saying why did I call that or why did I fold that :)...I recommend to take a break urgent ...because if you dont you will continue making bad decision

lauestla

lauestla

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I am tired I can make bad decisions, I make calls I would not make in a normal time. So the key maybe is knowing when to stop playing

A

AmeliaT

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
AU
Chips
When I am tired I can make bad decisions, I make calls I would not make in a normal time. So the key maybe is knowing when to stop playing
I think this is really good advice. Sometimes we play emotions prevail cold reason. Then you need to stop and give yourself time to think.

thedarkman

thedarkman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I made my bad decision in 1974 when I took up the game!

888NOX888

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For example, I've had a lot of Bad Beat lately, although the decisions in the hands were correct in my opinion. I decided to take a break, I don't play for a week.