At what age would you start playing poker?

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
age is the least important thing, but as long as you play at a young age you will be able to enjoy poker in all its splendor, every day you learn something new and you will like it much more when you deepen this beautiful game.

Pityesz1974

Pityesz1974

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
I started playing poker around 30 years old.I've been playing poker for 20 years.But if I could, I would start when I was a teenager, because that's when you can think logically.

Andrii Lubentsov

Andrii Lubentsov

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I started playing poker when I was 49 years old.:)

888NOX888

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I'm not mistaken, I started playing poker at the age of 37 and to be honest, now I regret that I didn't start playing much earlier, it's a pity that time can't be turned back.

A

ash190

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
MY
Chips
I started playing poker at the age of 26
I've been playing for over 25 years now
Dang, you've been in the poker game for a minute! Started at 26 and now you're a seasoned pro with over 25 years under your belt, that's some serious card shark status!

sibkaz

sibkaz

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I think poker is too early at a young age... bluff, risk, excitement, wrong attitude towards costs... The child must have an adequate perception of moral values! We have a tilt, we worry and learn from our mistakes... Children get used to it and they already know in advance that they're going to lose... they don't have moral will yet... No knowledge of probabilities, no life experience... The child's psyche is weak... it is very susceptible to stress.

laihuynh

laihuynh

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VN
Chips
I started playing poker at the age of 19 and have been for 6 years now.

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I started playing when I was around 15, or so, playing w/pennies, beans, broken toothpicks, you name it, lol.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I must admit I didn't start playing Hold-em until I was in my 40s, but that was due to the fact I never even heard of the game until I saw it on TV. "Late Night Poker," and the chance to play for Free on pokerstars was just too good to be true, but it was!
I have tried Stud and 5 Card Draw in the past but found it rare that anyone played those Formats of Poker Locally, Around my Town it was always Cribbage, Don or 3 Card Brag, But I have always had an interest in many Card Games and was always eager to learn new games.
The main difference between Poker and 3 Card was that if someone made a bet in a hand of 3 Card, you had to match it if you wanted to continue, and if the bet was too big for you, You had to borrow money to match it or Fold!
In Hold-em however you can always push all-in at any time and win the hand even if you have less chips than your opponent. Which I believe is a Fairer option. Another stupid rule was If you chose to declare "See You" in 3 Card Brag game and you turn over the same hand as your opponent, he would win by default even though in Texas Hold-em you split the pot,

km1n

km1n

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Probably 18 to be legal kids shoudnt play this game gambling could be an adiction and inmature minds are easier to corrupt.

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Like anything, as soon as possible to get those neural networks connected.

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not that important, you can pick up the game pretty quickly. It’s not rocket science.

Flower2211

Flower2211

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I started playing at the age of 40, when my husband showed me this game, which he himself played.

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At 21 I started. Wish I had started at least ten years earlier. Best game ever.

dangbaonguyen93

dangbaonguyen93

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VN
Chips
25 years old, Once I had a steady job, it really kept me grounded