Asperger's and Poker

PoopLoop

PoopLoop

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey, folks! Brand new member here. I'm a 36-year-old female with Asperger's Syndrome who has done quite well at THE. Curious: anyone else on here have Asperger's? If so, do you think it improves your game? I certainly do. :)

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
hello

I don't have that syndrome !! I'm glad you're doing well in poker, blessings colleague and that you keep winning !!!

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
friend, I do not have this syndrome and I am very happy to know that you are well, playing and winning, great health and luck, God bless you.

DandyWarhol

DandyWarhol

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey, folks! Brand new member here. I'm a 36-year-old female with Asperger's Syndrome who has done quite well at THE. Curious: anyone else on here have Asperger's? If so, do you think it improves your game? I certainly do. :)

I don't have Asperger's, and also glad you are doing well... I'm not doctor, but I would think it MIGHT (?) help out a little bit in the game of poker? I'm guessing it would help make more logical (mathematical) decision and without the same amount of tilt other players might have? :confused:

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
[QUOTE}... who has done quite well at THE.... [/QUOTE]

hi hi again pooploop!!
forget ask, what means THE?

hugs
krista

T1ltmonkey

T1ltmonkey

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have a son with AS, and I can absolutely imagine how it might help with some aspects of poker. He has a talent for organizing and memorizing information that I believe would be good to have as a poker player.

Welcome to the forum. [emoji846]

papapokera85

papapokera85

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
And what is it? Welcome to our family)

VikyGia

VikyGia

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Opinion

Hello friend, with poker you will know how to entertain and improve in every aspect, it is a good hobby, so welcome to the poker community.
You must be careful to manage your emotional intelligence well.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Welcome to our community.
The CardsChat community is the best place to learn the game and improve your skills. Here you will find everything you need to improve your game, and with the help of our freerolls you can easily build a bankroll from scratch.

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips

Hey Pooploop,
Welcome to Cardschat, I hope it'll be as pleasant as helpful to you.
I don't have the syndrome, but from what I know about it, I don't think it could help in live poker games as opposed to online play where you don't have to interact with real people or interpret their body language and behavior. So I'm assuming you are playing mostly online. Either way, I'm glad you're doing well and please let me know if my assumption is a mistake or not. Best of luck.

Vilgeoforc

Vilgeoforc

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just not in the off-line, where there are a lot of social interactions. You can play online as much as you want, I think Asperger's syndrome will not prevent this.

T

TaigaMaster

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
if you say that you are not bad at all, why write about this syndrome? )

lukovnikofff

lukovnikofff

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Greetings to you friend, I am very happy to welcome you to our community, here are all very positive, welcoming and responsive people, so feel free and ask your questions in the forum and you will always get answers or advice on them! I think poker can be played by every person and it doesn't matter that he has problems, everyone is equal at the poker table, everything depends on how much it will be interesting to you and how you will work on the game! I believe that everyone can reach any heights, since there is nothing impossible! I want to wish you health, good luck in all your endeavors and great victories! Sincerely happy to welcome you to our community!

A

acenit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Dan cates has a form of aspergurs, and I'd say he's done quite well

D

DragonChess

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Asperger’s and Poker

@ PoopLoop,
Hi, I also have Asperger’s and I personally feel that it gives us a slight advantage. We look at things very differently, I can visually see statistical odds of playing certain hands given the number of players at the table prior to the flop and after the flop. After I get a feel for how each player reacts on certain stress situations and how they tend to bet or over bet or over play under play their hands I create a risk profile of each player and can pretty easily memorize every tell that they do after only sitting at a table for 20 minutes. I don’t play professionally, but have done pretty well for myself doing it on the side. I was an accountant for almost 8 years before moving into Fintech (automation and advanced analytics) for the telecom industry so I work with numbers all day and play poker and chess in the evenings for fun. And yes I can solve the 3x3 Rubik’s cube in under a minute,
The 4x4 in under 5 minutes, the 5x5 in under 8 Minutes, and 6x6 currently pending)

J

Jreven

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have never officially been diagnosed but I am pretty sure I have it.

Anyways I do well in low stakes PLO (10) but for some reason I am having difficulty with convincing myself to move up in stakes. Does anyone else have a fear of moving up?

J

Jreven

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it does help with the game. Good at math and ability to recognize patterns.

Bad players that win do tend to put me on tilt because I get mad that that they are winning when they don’t deserve to win.