Ashamed to Play Poker?

T

Tangerine 53

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Quite possibly the coolest paragraph written on this site in 2010. Well said.
:icon_thum

Completely agree - the bit about Sarah Jessica Parker made me LOL. FX - you have brightened the start of my day...

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Now, if I was a stock broker or salesman or telemarketer or collections agent or Politician or the Assistant Night Manager at Taco Bell or the Under Assistant West Coast Promotion Man or Sara Palin supporter or listened to Rush Limbaugh or watched Glenn Beck or gave all my money to some Mega-church or played kid's video games or was a fan of Ohio State Football or had a mullet or preferred the taste of Diet Coke over Diet Pepsi or didn't think Sara Jessica Parker was the butt-dog ugliest actress to ever be in a show with the word Sex in it or watched Dancing with The Stars or American Idol or liked the taste of Papa John's pizza or was afraid to eat spicy food or liked flat chested women or liked NASCAR or thought the Kentucky Derby was a great event and who didn't want to reach into the TV and bash in the brains of all those obscene rich white women with their stupid hats or thought the War in Iraq was the worth it I'd be ashamed to tell anyone and would hide in the dark until I got some therapy.

ROTFL!!!

well said!!

BigJamo

BigJamo

Aussie Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Gday, Cam.

Yes, i too have problems convincing my family, (mother, sister) that its a hobby/income, buy they dont understand how I can make money. To tell ya truth Ive only just got ahead, and It feels good. But its only early days for me.

My wife and kids on the other hand, have been behind me 100%, well most of the time, maybe not when I rant & rave cause of getting outed on a bad beat. My wife said, "most ppl go out and buy a Ferrari when they have a mid-life crisis, but Jamo wants poker.

She is a good women, understands me, and is willing to turn the other check, (in more ways than one), when it comes to early morning poker, (its early morning here in Australia when all the big tourneys are on). She gets up on a monday morning to get the kids ready for school and here I am, buzzin off my head on Caffine. She just does her thing while the kids get ready for school, (my 7yo boy rushes around to get ready, just so he can watch me play before going to school).

Anyway, what im trting to say is that if they dont understand you playing poker, then, you dont need them around. Love in unconditional, so if someone love you, they will take you how you are.

O

onizuka

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Gday, Cam.

Yes, i too have problems convincing my family, (mother, sister) that its a hobby/income, buy they dont understand how I can make money. To tell ya truth Ive only just got ahead, and It feels good. But its only early days for me.

My wife and kids on the other hand, have been behind me 100%, well most of the time, maybe not when I rant & rave cause of getting outed on a bad beat. My wife said, "most ppl go out and buy a Ferrari when they have a mid-life crisis, but Jamo wants poker.

She is a good women, understands me, and is willing to turn the other check, (in more ways than one), when it comes to early morning poker, (its early morning here in Australia when all the big tourneys are on). She gets up on a monday morning to get the kids ready for school and here I am, buzzin off my head on Caffine. She just does her thing while the kids get ready for school, (my 7yo boy rushes around to get ready, just so he can watch me play before going to school).

Anyway, what im trting to say is that if they dont understand you playing poker, then, you dont need them around. Love in unconditional, so if someone love you, they will take you how you are.

Hi BigJamo, since I'm not yet married, I would like to ask this question to you. Did your wife set a "poker budget" for you? What I mean is for example you lost for a month and decided to deposit more, is she set a limit for it? About your kids, do they know if you play for real money or they thought it's just a game?

Thank you before,
onizuka