Anyone watching 2009 wsop main event?

GordonStr222

GordonStr222

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hope you can even get in. I heard on the Poker Edge podcast that they gave each of the players 100 tickets, and I thought they said the auditorium at the Rio only seats 1200 and is already sold out.

So you may want to call and double check. Plus, live poker can be worse than live golf to watch. You have to be really hardcore or really drunk to sit there for 13 hours waiting for stuff to happen.

Yeah, I also heard the same thing but the final table on monday should not be as full as saturday.... Either way I'll try to get in....

SPCotter

SPCotter

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just finished watching all of the episodes on youtube... I like everyone at the final table except for Begleiter. I just hope he doesn't win. He lets his emotions and temper get the best of him. Especially this one hand, he had Pocket 7's and the flop showed 3-8-3... I can't remember who started the bet, but the other guy who was in it, either bet first on the flop or reraised Begleiter, and Begs folded his 7's. The other guy showed his AQ bluff, and Begs hit the table then slapped the other guy on the arm, decently hard.

I think he realized what he did and apologized and shook the guy's hand, but he needs to get his temper in check.

And for a guy that works in finance he's made a couple of really bad calls, you'd think maybe he'd be wise with the mathematical side of things, I really don't like the guy either.

Saout I hope wins though it's a longshot, purely because he's an engineering school dropout and hit the big bucks... maybe I can follow him! :p

WSOP