Anyone watching 2009 wsop main event?

C

chipshuffler

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
God is Darvin Moon getting cards or what??? I hear he's on final table with 58,000,000 in chips??? my goodness... Hopefully Ivey takes it... I like Aikenhead alot too, he made it so far last year I think he was on the final 2 tables and this year he's on final table.. This is going to be one of the best final tables in a long time.. I can't wait till november 10th..

Go Phil!

salim271

salim271

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ya I'm watching, I dunno if Phil Ivey can win it he seems shortstacked next to the guys like Moon... I think Jeff Shulman is gonna take it but you never know weird things happen at the final table lol...

jmasterrich

jmasterrich

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its all cause of that flush over flush against Kopp that moon has such a redic stack, which Kopp probably should have been able to get away from 80bbs deep or at least not lost his whole stack

H

HillmanB

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anyone see Ivey just muck that winning hand?

C

chipshuffler

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anyone see Ivey just muck that winning hand?

I think everyone has seen that now but still.....that really is amazing.

How can someone of that ability not even relize or check that he is holding the winning hand. I find that really hard to believe.

If Ivey doubles are early on he should end up smashing his competitors and taking the bracelet.

coolnout

coolnout

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
God is Darvin Moon getting cards or what??? I hear he's on final table with 58,000,000 in chips??? my goodness... Hopefully Ivey takes it... I like Aikenhead alot too, he made it so far last year I think he was on the final 2 tables and this year he's on final table.. This is going to be one of the best final tables in a long time.. I can't wait till november 10th..

Go Phil!

You'll see how he got his 58,000,000 chips this week. Pretty sick blowup by another big stack.

mfturq

mfturq

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i am guessing based on your target audience for this question.......yes

H

HillmanB

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i am guessing based on your target audience for this question.......yes
Ha, I was more trying to bring up the topic for a convo rather then actually asking...

coolnout

coolnout

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The Kopp \ Moon hand is unreal. HOLY SOULCRUSH.

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The Kopp/Moon hand was just (place explicit word here). Of course my first man is Ivey, he's one of my favorites. But I always love to see an underdog win it and I would love to see Moon take this one as well.

But raise, and then shove with 35 of diamonds??? WTF???

R

RyanDG

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can only imagine Kopp feels - I've experienced it myself but no where near that stage... He know he shouldn't bet, he know he's probably beat, but he's convinced himself that he's got the best hand. I've done that so many times...

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Just finished watching all of the episodes on youtube... I like everyone at the final table except for Begleiter. I just hope he doesn't win. He lets his emotions and temper get the best of him. Especially this one hand, he had Pocket 7's and the flop showed 3-8-3... I can't remember who started the bet, but the other guy who was in it, either bet first on the flop or reraised Begleiter, and Begs folded his 7's. The other guy showed his AQ bluff, and Begs hit the table then slapped the other guy on the arm, decently hard.

I think he realized what he did and apologized and shook the guy's hand, but he needs to get his temper in check.

Pothole

Pothole

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just finished watching all of the episodes on youtube... I like everyone at the final table except for Begleiter. I just hope he doesn't win. He lets his emotions and temper get the best of him. Especially this one hand, he had Pocket 7's and the flop showed 3-8-3... I can't remember who started the bet, but the other guy who was in it, either bet first on the flop or reraised Begleiter, and Begs folded his 7's. The other guy showed his AQ bluff, and Begs hit the table then slapped the other guy on the arm, decently hard.

I think he realized what he did and apologized and shook the guy's hand, but he needs to get his temper in check.

Links please, keep gettin the 40k event on search.:joyman:

P

Pacman1042

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ive been watching the wsop every week and yes darvin is catchy incredible hands but he has played them well and deserves to be at the final table but yeah i hope ivey takes it

Lazmansa

Lazmansa

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was watching last 17 last night,i think we are about 1 week behind the states.

You say online is rigged but wow,the hand last night was crazy.

First guy 99 raises,second KK re-raises,3rd guy AK folds,4th guy 1010 folds,5th guy JJ folds:D

Original raiser calls with the 99.

flop all low.

both go all in and KK wins.(but there was a 10 on the river which would have been interesting if he played the 1010)

NOW THATS A COLD DECK

Lazmansa:cool:

GordonStr222

GordonStr222

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, I'll be going to watch the final table at the rio this weekend... Any else going? It's free to get in but saturday it's expected to be a long line... Then monday should be much easier and less of a wait to get in... I live in vegas so it's really not that far, up the street actually... Any one else?

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, I'll be going to watch the final table at the rio this weekend... Any else going? It's free to get in but saturday it's expected to be a long line... Then monday should be much easier and less of a wait to get in... I live in vegas so it's really not that far, up the street actually... Any one else?
jealous? me? too damn right!!!!!!!!! enjoy it bud!

btw the episodes 29 and 30, are they the last 2 episodes up to the final table? Ive been watching on pokertube.com but it stopped at episode 28.

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Damn, I'd love to go watch it live, but ESPN doesn't have bad coverage. Luck be a lady to you though, living in Las Vegas.

smd173

smd173

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I hope you can even get in. I heard on the Poker Edge podcast that they gave each of the players 100 tickets, and I thought they said the auditorium at the Rio only seats 1200 and is already sold out.

So you may want to call and double check. Plus, live poker can be worse than live golf to watch. You have to be really hardcore or really drunk to sit there for 13 hours waiting for stuff to happen.

smd173

smd173

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I watched it and I didn't feel like it was anger. I took it more like, "damn, I had the exactly right read and let it go."

And while the slap was kinda hard, I think he meant it in a "good job dude" kinda way, then he remembered that Saout is French and probably didn't understand what he meant, so he shook his hand.

Funny stuff though.

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I watched it and I didn't feel like it was anger. I took it more like, "damn, I had the exactly right read and let it go."

And while the slap was kinda hard, I think he meant it in a "good job dude" kinda way, then he remembered that Saout is French and probably didn't understand what he meant, so he shook his hand.

Funny stuff though.

I really thought just the opposite. I think he overstepped some boundaries and got away with it.

PC69

PC69

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really thought just the opposite. I think he overstepped some boundaries and got away with it.

U said it D... He gave that guy a "nice bet u mother f%^%T$" type slap... He got away with it when he shouldnt have.. He was defenitely being aggreassive at that point

WSOP