Anyone been/being staked?

JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been looking into this as well in the past week or so. If you want to know a bit more about staking Blue, there was a really good bit on the pokercast not this week but the week before where a Rep from the Moshman Group came on. I've been in contact with them since and after chatting to them, they advised some other groups who might be interested who I've emailed over the weekend. Still waiting on a reply. They did say if nothing worked out, we could discuss some options they might have for me so fingers crossed.

Pascal-lf

Pascal-lf

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i heard that moshman have a ridic rule where you can leave when youre in makeup?

JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wouldn't say it's a rule. They said on the podcast they have in the past when people get to a point where they're down about things and not playing well because they're in MU. Was a good listen.

P

pokerforeigner

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
New in this forum but might have interest in staking a microstakes player.
PM including stats and what you want to play.

Pascal-lf

Pascal-lf

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
is Enet the site you can only play on through agents?

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ship me 10k

i'll send back when I double on red

K

kurthead

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm actually playing on a 20$ stake from my brother. He'll be getting 30%. It's okay because I'm pretty poor. But, he only get's 30% of my first cut check from bovada, after that he doesn't get anything. I'd probably do a max of $1.5k to cash out on a check. If I made it that far. But I've always had to start from small amounts. I don't mind giving him 500$ if I got to cash out a 1500 check. He had confidence in my poker and deserved it. So I say go for it.

TheGenera1

TheGenera1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Does anyone want to stake my holiday to Majorca? I would require $500 and in return can offer you 10% equity in the form of photos depicting the fun I had, along with any numbers that I manage to get.

Failing the above, my roll back. I had to cash out my entire roll to pay for my holiday so I'm a bit depressed about that.

T

TheBowlBoy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been interested in staking/coaching a few micro players as of late. Been doing a lot of reading on the subject and am itching to get my feet wet.

I'd probably like to try things out with a 3-4 players at 2NL at first. I don't really have much spare bankroll to do higher stakes right now but by the end of the month things should change since I don't plan on cashing out as much as I have been ( I just recently became debt free :) ).

I'm playing NL25 right now and have a lifetime winrate 2.5pt/100 over a ridiculous amount of hands over 2million.

In November of 2011 I ran really bad and tilted a bunch. Some life tilt definitely played a roll so I cashed out a big chunk of my roll and dropped down to NL10. Near the end of the year I cashed out almost my entire roll leaving myself with just $100 to start 2012 to cover some expenses over xmas. I probably should have grinded NL2 mass tabling to quickly roll but decided to play as many tables of NL10 my roll would allow. Once I doubled up on a table I would leave it so that I could open up 2 other tables with full buyins. I remember making about $200 or so in the first 2 days of doing this and before I knew it I was 24 tabling NL10 again.

I think that I might have broken a record or something at NL10 that month - too bad PTR missed over half my hands in January though.

Here's the graph:

January2012.png

Here's a shot of my stats for the month:
January2012stats.png

As you can see, I put in very good volume but I also manage to play quite loose for FR. So far this month I'm NL25 I'm running pretty hot but my stats are now like 24/20 or something.

I never was this LAG before Stars switched to weighted contributed. I made these adjustments to my game mostly to get more FPP's since I wanted to maintain supernova status while grinding back up at NL10.

This style works extremely well for me because I am able to isolate fish very often and tilt bad regs. I also began starting more tables and playing a lot more HU and shorthanded. A good bulk of my winnings come from 4 handed play. It seems to be a sweet spot for me. I do still prefer to play FR as opposed to 6max though. The regs are just easier to read with their narrower ranges and fish are fish.

I think that staking and coaching some motivated players would be a great experience for me as well as the players. I believe I have a lot to offer and it makes me laugh how much a lot of microstakes coaches are charging per hour.

I was also one of the players chosen on 2p2 by Stars to visit the Isle of Man back in March. I wasn't elected by 2p2 though. That was the January and April meetings. It was a great opportunity to meet the people that run Stars behind the scenes as well as give feedback on issues where I felt they could improve.

I've been jonesing for 2p2 since they went down, but I have to say, CC is really growing on me. I've been reading a lot here and do like the warmer atmosphere.

JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What did you think of being over there with pokerstars? I'd be really interested to hear what it was like. Maybe this should be in a different thread, but go for it, of if you start a new thread, post it here, so I see it!

T

TheBowlBoy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What did you think of being over there with PokerStars? I'd be really interested to hear what it was like. Maybe this should be in a different thread, but go for it, of if you start a new thread, post it here, so I see it!

It was pretty cool. I don't know if it is really thread worthy but I don't want to annoy mods or the OP for derailing this thread either.

The travelling was weird. First time for me going over seas. I left Toronto at around 7pm on a Tuesday and then I arrive at IOM at around 12pm Wednesday. I wasn't able to sleep on the plane so I was pretty useless. I did manage to walk around town. There were a lot of old english style shops with narrow pedestrian only streets that had brick roads not paved. The people just seemed very British culturally and were very friendly.

The Thursday and Friday we were at Stars office from like 8am-6pm discussing various topics. All of us were primarily cash players so we talked mostly about cash game issues.

At the end of both days we were taken out to very fine restaurants and accompanied by SteveD, the owner Isai and some other Stars staff including Lee Jones :) There was talk about a possible cash game at Lee's house the Friday night but it never happened since 3 of us needed to be at the Airport for 5am on the Saturday.

It really seemed like everybody at Stars(they have a lot more staff than I or anyone would have expected) was very happy with their job. I got to see the new look of Stars software in the future. Not sure when the newer version would be released, and I can't really comment on specific changes since I signed an NDA but I will say that there are many new features on the way that look very cool.

I am somewhat disappointed that after the March meeting and the April one, Stars hasn't made any additional changes. A lot of points were promised to be considered. Hopefully they come around and restore my faith. All-in all though, SteveD, Isai and the others seem like they do care about more than just profits and are genuinely interested in player feedback. Stars does have the best software by far of any site and their security is top notch.

JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Honestly, every time I've heard Steve D on the Pokercast, he seems like he loves the company and that the company is here for the players and values them. The fact that they invited people over, just normal players, to help give them ideas on what's missing is huge IMO. Now, someone please tell them to make the S&G registering easier. Honestly, when I reg for one, I just want a box to pop up saying, "Reg for another?" like on FTP. It's so annoying that they dont, especially at a busy time of day when S&G's fill up super quick!

T

TheBowlBoy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ya Steve is a cool guy. He struck me as humble, sincere and honest. I don't know much about SNG's but TableNinja has a feature that will automatically register you for more sng's up to a certain amount that you define and will even reg you for new ones mid session as other ones end.

JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, I use HEM but not table ninja, don't really multi table enough to make it worthwhile. I remember FTP had that button, don't see that it would be super hard for Stars to, let's face it, most players won't be using TN.

T

TheBowlBoy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do believe that what you're talking about will be released in future updates but I can't say for sure.

A

Aldito

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bowlboy do you stack or tile?

Also I assume you use hotkeys etc. to play 24 tables at once?

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Question, to exit a staking arrangement, cna you not just pay out your make up if need be?

WEC

WEC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been interested in staking/coaching a few micro players as of late. Been doing a lot of reading on the subject and am itching to get my feet wet.......

Great addition to CardsChat. Hope you stay after 2+2 opens back up for your thoughtful, interesting postings!!!

:hello:

T

TheBowlBoy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bowlboy do you stack or tile?

Also I assume you use hotkeys etc. to play 24 tables at once?

Stackem :) Tiling does not work so well on a laptop.

Question, to exit a staking arrangement, cna you not just pay out your make up if need be?

It would depend on the deal with the staker. Such details should be worked be worked out before the stake begins. I think its pretty standard for cash game stakes for either party to end it as long as it is not in make up so I can't see why any reasonable staker would not allow you to buy out by paying back the stake + MU.

Great addition to CardsChat. Hope you stay after 2+2 opens back up for your thoughtful, interesting postings!!!

:hello:

Thanks, I think I will :)

Pascal-lf

Pascal-lf

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

pretty much always, the only exception would be if you've agreed to play a certain number of games/hands in exchange for coaching

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One of the nicer guys from 2+2...nice!

Welcome, nice graphs btw.

Good luck if you manage to stake some people.

ander

ander

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been playing on stake for some time. I say is worth it but u have to build a rep to get higher buy-ins stake.