Can any player become a profitable player?

ZenonBR

ZenonBR

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
There are few players who manage to achieve success and get rich with poker.

But what if a regular player dedicates himself to this sport and focuses on this career, would he also be able to evolve and become a great player?

Leave your opinion in the comments.

Last edited:
AndyFio

AndyFio

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think that anyone, even if they really want to, can play poker profitably. In any case, poker sites take their rake and in order to be normally in the black, you need to play not just average, but much above average, which is not accessible to all players, and only some can achieve this, because many will quit at the first failure.

laihuynh

laihuynh

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VN
Chips
Poker relies on two factors of luck and qualification with it being a gambling game that is difficult to compare as a sport.

Toruk Makto

Toruk Makto

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Yes, as long as you have discipline and knowledge of the game.

F

Fushicho

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is a big difference between profitable and making a living. Any player can be profitable, I'm an average player, profitable. Last year I was up £75. You see I'm not making a living, I'm just playing poker when I feel like, it's a great hobby and it doesn't cost me anything to do.

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Can any player to become a profitable player?.. Hm, as for Me is a strange question!
Because, if Everyone will profitable player, then on Whom to earn Money?!.

hamon08

hamon08

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In my opinion, any player can succeed in poker if they want to and put in the effort. He will start reading books about poker and start analysing his game, play with a bankroll, watch training videos and finally hire a good coach. If you do all this, I think everyone will be able to achieve a result, the only question is what kind of result)

M

MF.Brn

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I believe so, if a person dedicates himself to this objective, he can do it. In my opinion, it depends on the person himself, because it will be necessary to have discipline and focus on his studies, if he follows the path correctly he will succeed. Nobody started at the top, people struggled to be there.

hardongear

hardongear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
First issue is you're defining "profitable player" as rich players. You don't have to be rich poker player to be a "profitable" The number of actual rich players who made ALL their money from only playing poker is very very very few if any at all.

As for the question I think very few regular, rec or hobby players would make it and become great. Most can't beat 5nl online. Very few people have the work ethic, ability and and life skills outside of poker required even if they say and think they do. They really don't in the end when push comes to shove.

EDIT: Hell most people still can't even balance a monthly budget or their own cheque books in 2023. How they gonna manage a bankroll? If you can't do that you can win long term at poker no matter how good you are.

Cheers!!!

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips

But what if a regular player dedicates himself to this sport and focuses on this career, would he also be able to evolve and become a great player?

A lot depends on luck. A lot! That's if we're talking about online poker. Since many poker rooms don't care about regular players who just want fair play. But if we're talking about offline poker, it's a different case! In offline poker you play against real people and it's important to understand psychology, to be able to analyze the emotions of players. In offline poker everything depends on your skills. :cool:

M

Magallaneroy

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
VE
Chips
To be a good poker player. It should have the following characteristics: aggressiveness, temperance, observation, intelligence and above all. much patience . ❤️💯👍

W

Wega85

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
poker is part skill part knowledge and a pinch of luck . stars needs to align , so its hard to say

M

mrfastflow

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"anybody can be professional poker player"
Some pro with my country answer for question
"yes, like anybody can be doctor and astronaut"

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I believe that even if you have a stable job, you can be a good poker player in your spare time and perform well

yogo9

yogo9

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
I believe any player could become a profitable player if he perfect this;
-Perfect how to play in position and each position and try to play most pots in position.
-Perfect how to play deep stack and stack sizing.
-Perfect bet sizing and pot control.
-Know who your playing against and their tendencies.
-Keep studying and practicing and learning from past mistakes and of course good bankroll management.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips

Hi
The answer is obvious. Yes of course. If a player sets such a goal for himself, and works day after day, step by step, to achieve it, it is clear that sooner or later he will be able to achieve his goal. It might take 3 years, or it might take 23 years. It's just that the player has to be willing to work long enough to achieve his goal, and even if it takes more than 33 years. Then, such a player will definitely one day achieve his goal. Whether this goal is worth such efforts is a different story and a different question.

chicbulls2

chicbulls2

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
Of course you can, but tilt is always a problem

D

Dougana

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
No, sharks need fishes to win, if everybody win, poker would not be profitable.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
any player who plays poker and develops every day to learn and train will become a good profitable player. It's a fact that many players just play poker, they don't learn, they don't practice playing as they want and that's why they lose a lot of money you need to learn then you and any player will make money playing poker

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Each person has his own abilities, but if character and health allow it, then a lot can be achieved, but do you need such a difficult path?

ninocabral

ninocabral

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Look, I'm sorry to everyone who doesn't agree, but I was reading some people's responses and unfortunately you're very wrong, it's not a small part of players that are profitable, there are several profitable players, just do a search on sharkscope with the nicknames of several players. and there will be many who are profitable and others who are not, of course some will be more profitable than others, but what will make you profitable is just you studying the game, dedicating yourself, creating volume and consistency and discipline