Anxiety

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try to detach myself from everything during the game and tune into the alpha game, this is the best state for me. To do this, I devote about half an hour to meditation and tune in to the game.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I suspect that your anxiety is related to the fact that you are afraid of losing money. This problem is solved very simply, thanks to a clear system of bankroll management. :)

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Isn't anxiety part of the allure, I mean how else are you going to tell that you are a degenerate gambler rather than a poker player? ;)

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Do not rush to take an opinion on any opponent, as the days go by, you will face professional opponents, and they will call you and defeat you with weak hands that will make you angry more than you can imagine, the most important thing is to learn the lesson, because poker does not always hide pleasant surprises ;)
GL

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I'm worried about my unstable internet connection. He has been working very slowly lately.
I have no other reason to worry.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
algorithms that exisst in online poker that give players with usually the smaller bank cards like AA. Its a setup to eliminate players. The person with AA, for example, does something like betting a large portion of his bank or goes all-in. The larger bank villain, having already won hands with trash cards bets and wins, usually eliminating the AA player. The pllayer playing trash is also part of another algorithm that chooses specific players to win the majority of their hands. PEA - player elimination algorithm. PSA - player selected algoritm. Only with online poker.

Cheers!

Dan'O
What?

Would you mind sharing a link to this information? I'd really like to learn more about it. It just seems so incredulous.

btw, another one of your posts, the 'two tables - same hand' one. Well that one sent me off into a new obsession and I've been taking screenshots of my tables 'almost' every single time that happens (I've even timed out on a table from doing it, lol.. sigh).

So far I have more than 80 screenshots of 'same hand at same time' but I even have it on 3 tables in one picture. The worst part is >> I can't make myself stop taking the freak'n screenshots. :( I'm driving myself crazy!

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My weakness is that sometimes there isn't any interesting action at all the tables where I'm playing, I get a little desperate after half an hour and see how I'm stuck and I can't always stay focused, that's my weak point that fortunately I don't usually pass followed by the same nature of high action that has the online game

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What does Me bother for Poker tables?!. Hm, when I'm winning - Nothing! But I'm starting to lose, seems, that All!
Hence, conclusion one: better more often to Win! That's all!

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
uhm is it correct to call this "anxiety" though ? anxiety is a disorder . and i suffer from it personally

i wouldnt call it anxiety when it comes to poker
Anxiety is just that. It's being nervous, anticipation of the unknown. We all get it at some point. A disorder? I think not. Doctors use the adverb for a noun so they can make a buck. It's just my opinion of course.
There are many ways to curb anxiety. Most popular is liquor or pot. Meditation can be useful, I'm told. Yoga perhaps...

airxlns

airxlns

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I would only bother about my table or tournament goal, not chase a certain player.

Nikon10000

Nikon10000

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
One of the main causes of anxiety at the poker tables is the possibility of losing money.:cool:

userX

userX

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In general, at the table, I try to be completely focused on the game and do not get distracted so as not to miss anything. But alas, sometimes my wife can create a game with obstacles for me :)

M

martDdart

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
When I fall in love with a hand for example AA and everything is telling me I have lost but I cant let my love go.I guess it is true that love can make you blind.

nighton

nighton

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I usually behave in tables even when im getting bad beats but that maybe because y play for fun and that's it.

Pityesz1974

Pityesz1974

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
I had panic attack sometimes,when I played for a long time,or too late in the night.By the way I have a little bit stress,when I play all the time.

Falai_san

Falai_san

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
What bothers me at a table is when I have a very bad hand and I cannot play, then I make a random and stupid play and the other players knock me out.

Antonioadv

Antonioadv

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Tenho suspeitado que o que mais me incomoda no jogo é a ansiedade de dobrar ou pegar um burro ou um peixe na mesa, e é engraçado que quando encontro essas peças mesmo tendo uma quantidade muito maior de fichas acabo recebendo uma bad beat.

E você, o que te incomoda nas mesas de pôquer?
When you find this type of player, just forget about him, if you focus on that player as a target, you won't pay attention to the others, maybe you don't have a bad hand, what happens is that you're so eager to beat him by betting too many chips on an average hand.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
My biggest problem would be not taking more chances at higher levels. I would like to move up stakes but don't as I am never certain I could add funds again if I went broke. I do use proper bankroll management but just would be my lick to go broke and can't play.

As for helping my anxiety when playing, I do meditate a lot before playing and listen to meditation music while playing. It helps me keep calm.

Fofa

Fofa

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
to help my anxiety i listen to music :p Taylor Swift s2

Skot_Gy

Skot_Gy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
In theory i know this is not good and i try to keep calm, but happens sometimes unfortunately...

Tomash7788

Tomash7788

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
We can all keep calm until we go all in with AA and guy calls with 7 2 and wins. I enter in eruption state at that point and all hell breaks loose :ROFLMAO:

J

jazux48

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Given the fact that our country is fighting for its freedom, and unrest is constant, and this is very harmful (and it is difficult to lay out in poker (